collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone else feel frustrated with the lack of female directed FIM stuff?  (Read 12462 times)

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
 :cry:   Im kind of starting to get jealous and frustrated that all the cool custom clothes and even the stuff at welovefine.com  thats licensed for womens clothes is pidly in comparison to the amount of mens stuff available.  i love a lot of the t shirt designs but DUH, im a freaking woman   i dont wanna wear dudes t shirts all the time, i like nice cami's, tanks and womens shape tees.  and there are NO tanks or cami tops.  just one generic womens crew tee style.  and the hoodies available are just generic.     

ugH!  starting to feel like a jerk, but im getting upset that i find a design i want to purchase only to realise its only available in mens style.   :huh:    whats the deal?!!!!   i love the bronies, but is there any reason why there are like 4 pages of womens shirts on the WLF site in comparison to the 40 some pages of guys choices...   :jealous: :throw:       

side question  anyone know of any custom mlp fim womens cami tank creators?   i would love to get some cause thats what i primarily wear  :lookround:
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
I think individual sellers on sites like spreadshirt, zazzle or redbubble sometimes offer designs on tanktops.
But I agree, I'd love to see WLF make more shirts for women. Maybe some nice fitted v-neck shirts. Men's small shirts fit me okay, but they obviously fit a little funny looking at the same time since they're not designed to be worn by someone with the figure of a woman. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Maybe some shirt styles like this.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:13:32 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
yes like those!!!  god anything but just the boxy mens shape tees.      and i love that v neck style.   come on wlf  get with the program here!!!!   lol

and man even on wlf"s site   people i guess can make comments on the t shirts. im really super irritated after coming across the comments. honestly   self entitled males need to stfu   becuase there were some rude comments on a lot of the womens shirts like "why even bother marketing these to women?"   and stupid stuff like that.  what the heck knuckle draggers, u know that ponys are usualy mainly marketed at girls right LMAO   :blink: :shocked:   

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
my wife found a way to stitch up a mans t shirt along the side seams so it had a more "shapely" fit.  would that help?

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Stiching the sides of a shirt seems like a great idea, but I can't do something like that myself. I could probably ask my mom or aunt since they're both very good at sewing. Also I've ordered a lot of shirts made on the the American Apparel tees and they fit pretty awkwardly as well, even though they're meant for women. X____X Somewhat tight at the bottom and loose in the middle.. So there's a LOT of extra fabric on my stomach area. HNNGGG SHIRT COMPANIES.
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
 :blush: im not very good at sewing.  heh.    and honestly if im going to pay 25$ plus, for a shirt, i sure as heck shouldnt have to modify it.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
true.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Well, perhaps its because I don't like that company... but nope.

Have you looked at Zazzle?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
 ^.^ oh!!!  that zazzle site is a great idea, thanks!   

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
Urgh, don't even get me started. So sick of guys completely taking over MLP.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Well aside from what you are saying one of my biggest complaints is that if they do stuff they always put it in junior sizes which are really small and I am not skinny. I am not huge but just not skinny and a XL junior is all that fits me and I wish they would make misses sizes in these if they do make them for women.  I have this problem with Hello Kitty. All her stuff is for kids or juniors..hey us older women love her too...so I get your frustration.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Yeah... I can't wear any of them at all. D: Large busts and high neck-lines just don't go well together.

It's a shame because I really wanted the Pinkie Moon one. XD

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)
I actually really like the fact that everything comes in men's sizes before women's. I loath clothing that is clingy or revealing because I dress conservatively, and most women's tees have gigantic neck holes and are built for an hourglass figure I do not have. I can't count the number of times I've turned up my nose at a shirt that I enjoyed the graphics of because it was built for some size 0 girl with a flat stomach and huge breasts.

That said, the guys on welovefine should not be rude at all. It's wrong. And since welovefine says they print each tee to order, it shouldn't be that hard to just use a women's shirt as a base. The problem is that from what I've seen, men seem to be way more vocal than women when it comes to this stuff. They want something? They all go out and write ten emails about it. I think a lot of the old school fans are still used to being ignored by the corporations who never listened until G4, so they aren't as eager to complain. Then again, I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:04:10 PM by Flickerswift »

Tally Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
Yes. I REALLY want more girls tees, some of the favorite designs I want are only in mens...the mens shirts really just fit weirdly on me. I didn't even realize that the guys selection was SO much larger until I went to a brony meetup, and a guy was wearing this awesome discord hoodie (it was metal themed, I love metal). I wanted to know where he got it, and when he told me it was welovefine I wondered how I could miss something like that...then I learned that if you select "girls" tees, you've nixed about 90% of the merchandise. =/

Some of these designs have been out for quite awhile, so it seems like they're just not planning on releasing them in women's...like someone above said, if they're made to order, it shouldn't be that hard.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:18:16 PM by Tally Mark »

Offline UnicornTamer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Everypony needs Jesus.
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Dreams
I don't buy any of the t-shirts or anything, but it still makes me mad. MLP was and is meant for girls. GIRLS, people!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal