collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone else feel frustrated with the lack of female directed FIM stuff?  (Read 12482 times)

Offline OctoberFlash

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I like to eat things and brush ponies!
    • View Profile
I love bronies (or at least the rational-minded ones, anyway)! I think it's pretty cool that they're willing to like something even though it was aimed for the opposite gender.

But that doesn't mean they should just ignore us girls. :/

I saw some really awesome shirts on WeLoveFine and couldn't get them because they only come in mens sizes... I was kind of upset. I mean, I don't care that much, it's just a T-shirt, but guys, pegasisters exist too. We might be the minority of the FiM fanbase, but that doesn't make us nonexistent. :(
Click here for my wishlist!

Every puzzle has an answer :)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I actually prefers the "men style" shirts as they're much more comfortable. So I don't mind.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline cyanide

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also known as " Epic rainbow crafts "
    • View Profile
Ive found this annoying aswell, there are so many shirts i want on that site, but i dont need more "manly" shirts :)

im a top-lover (tank-tops and the ones with thin bands aswell), and i would order loads if this came true.

I actually sent away a email to their customer service, letting them know how much you (and me would want this) .also hinting about the topic on here and how many ladies/girls would love this idea :) , hoping for a result

edit:
i tried to google mlp fim tank tops and i found this (not sure if its allowed to link to a online store, feel free to remove it if so):
http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+mlpfim+tank-tops

these are really boring, but the models of these tops would look awesome on the ones on welovefine!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:13:00 AM by cyanide »
Plushie crafter - check out my stuff on deviantart :) : http://epicrainbowcrafts.deviantart.com/

Offline MrPony

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
 Wow. I don`t really like this thread. I`m a guy and my first ponies were Blossom and Medley. My entire life I was made fun of for liking girls toys. And what I am reading here is not really a t-shirt selection complaint, but a whole bunch of nasty backhanded hate.
 Like it or not the pony world has changed and i`m glad it has.
Oh and BTW try finding a men`s pony shirt made before 2010. They did not exist.

Offline Pythia

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Wow. I don`t really like this thread. I`m a guy and my first ponies were Blossom and Medley. My entire life I was made fun of for liking girls toys. And what I am reading here is not really a t-shirt selection complaint, but a whole bunch of nasty backhanded hate.

The problem isn't that they're making men's MLP shirts. That's awesome, and I doubt anyone would disagree. The problem is that they're catering to all the new male fans by making heaps of male MLP clothing...while just about completely ignoring the older 'main' fanbase of women.
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I have to agree.  There are a ton of men's shirts, but it would be really nice to have the choice to have the same designs in women's shirts as well.  I've been losing a bit of weight, and it would be really nice to wear a cute, figure-framing shirt.  But I definitely understand there are plenty of women who feel more comfortable in a men's size.  Heck knows I've been one of those women for a very long time during my "bigger" days..er...years.  I just wish there was more of a choice :P

Offline babylicketysplit

• Bionic Spine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • In Spite of your Fear, Do what You have to Do
    • View Profile
    • Facebook

Hey now. i did NOT start this thread based on hate. thank you.  please actually read what i wrote. 

i was simply expressing and wondering if i was the only female  that as frustrated about the lack of FIM womens clothing, not the fact that there is mens clothing LOL.  i think thats effing amazing!   i just want to be able to purchase and wear some too.    but i suppose i will have to go custom if i am to do that becuase i prefer not to wear guys shirts all the time.   if anything im hatin on t shirt shape haha.   ;) :P     
 i was also trying to get information to see if any others knew of a place that had more female clothing selections so i could find some.     so no this thread was not started as a backhanded attempt to bash men or bronies.   if you will be so kind as to read my first post, i said i love bronies.   half my guy friends are bronies!!  that be so weird for me to be considered a hater.   

this is NOT a debate on gender equality or the shows role in popular culture of male and female genders.  its about the marketing of clothing.

and doc and snap, love you both!!!! even though you both dont see it   your both on the same page ;) <3 *hug*   and i totally agree

*Edit* 
and also to counter your comment about finding a mens t shirt before 2010... um try finding an adult womens one while your at it.  :lol:   i sure as heck maybe saw like 4 or 5. MAYBE     that werent made for toddlers.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:19:31 AM by babylicketysplit »
Check out my  Esty Shop  and MyEbay Sales!
 (Profits are going to help pay for my Rescue Horse's medical bills) <3
http://myworld.ebay.com/baby_licketysplit
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PoniesAndPets

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
    • View Profile
Fortunately for me I only would like to wear the cutiemark t-shirts because I don't want to bee TOO obvious with my pony love ^^ and they come in both men and women sizes. (they recently restocked the Rarity one <3)

But I neve rnoticed before that Male section had  4 more pages, that's like LOTS. I don't really know why they can't have them all in both since they are printing them after order anyway? They would make more money
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:25:56 AM by amenoo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I dont care if you are man, woman or child - if you like girly things, boyish things...ponies can be for anyone in any background so I thought I would get that point over first

However, second....YES I know exactly where you are coming from babylicketysplit...as an adult woman I currently feel uncatered for in the FiM world - merchandise is far and away currently focused on adult males or little girls....I guess HB and their licensees feel those are currently the correct markets for the brand....hopefully we ll see more womans merch in the future....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Malicieuse

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
I have to agree, i really wish they had a couple of more options. In my case, i would love some female t-shirts that have some slightly longer sleeves. I hate how the only girly shirt has nearly no sleeves.

I could get a male sized shirt but frankly ,while comfortable, i think most of those look unflattering.
I also thought about the official zazzle store. But i mostly wear black and i heared their printing on black is pretty bad. So i rather not take that risk.

Maybe we should try mailing welovefine?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Well... as far as I can see on Welovefine all the designs I want are available in women's sizes, and I'm really okay with the women's tee. Although, now that you mention it I wouldn't mind if there were some tanks and camis available... I've lost a lot of weight recently and have been increasingly okay with showing some bare arm and shoulder.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Tally Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
I think mailing them may just be the way to go. I wonder if a collective email would be helpful? Not complainy, like a petition, but couched in a fun and friendly way, like,

"Dear Welovefine: We love you. We LOVE your awesome array of pony t-shirts...we just wish that more of our favorite designs were available in women's shirts. This would be at least 20% cooler!

We are a group of female My Little Pony fans who would SERIOUSLY consider purchasing your shirts if only the same designs for male tees were available in the girly tee cut (We would not be opposed to camis or tanks, either!). We want to give you our money, we just need clothing that fits. :) Thank you very much for your consideration, and for being all around awesome. We look forward to seeing what you put out next!"

Followed by a list of names (of serious potential buyers). Or, we could all just email individually with a nicely posed request. It may be that they've been hesitant to expand because girly tee sales are poor...which of course is stupid and self-fulfilling, because I expect they're poor because the selection is so bad. :p (well, not BAD...but the shirts I love best are male only. you get what I mean).

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
[Post removed - please stay on topic. / pop-girl]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:06:53 PM by pop-girl »

4boyzmom

• Trade Count: (0)
Hot topic has a bunch of both MALE AND FEMALE fim shirts right now I just checked their website and they have 23 different ones and if you have a store in your local mall you can save on shipping =)

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
I don't mind getting a men's t-shirt if there's no other option but I do think the fit is unflattering on my shape, I usually slash the collars so I can show off my shoulders and try to look a little feminine but I can understand not wanting to do that to a brand new shirt!

It seems silly that if the shirts are made to order why not have everything as an option, so people can choose what they like best? :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal