collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone else feel frustrated with the lack of female directed FIM stuff?  (Read 12480 times)

Flickerswift

• Trade Count: (0)

plus i like the thinner more breathable fabric of womens shirts as opposed to mens because i have severely sensitive skin due to eczema.    the mens shirts are just so THICK!  and a little more abrasive.   :(   

Hahaha! WLF does a pretty good job of not using thick fabric for their men's shirts. Personally, I feel like they use "girl shirt fabric" instead of "boy shirt fabric", which you might like. It disappoints me though, because I really like thick fabric. Most women's style fabric feels like it's going to rip waaaay too easily.

Of course, if you don't like the fit, this means nothing! Just saying.

You'd be surprised! I fit much better into a womans tee because they're shaped better. And I'm way far from size 0. :D

No, I really wouldn't. If I see a graphic tee I like, I always try it on, even if it's in women's sizes only. I have NEVER found tee I liked the fit of that was specifically built for my gender.

I also think that gender stereotypes are stupid, even more so now that I have completed my sociology major and plan to go to grad school for it. I admire bronies very much for refusing to let themselves be defined by sexist marketing strategies, and I think the fact that they're being marketed to now is a *good* sign! They're not taking anything away from us, they're expanding the fanbase. We just need to speak up and remind merchandise sellers that we're still here and we want to spend our money with them.

Kids these days are breaking the gender mold too. I don't agree that kids are as hung up about which gender is "supposed" to play with a certain toy as when we were younger. I see little boys in the pony aisle all the time, and they know all the pony names and their parents have no problem buying ponies for their little boys. Kids are annoyed by narrow gender boxes these days too:
 http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/12/27/dont-try-to-buy-this-girl-a-princess-doll/

Goodness, I love that little girl. Also, here here! You speak truth!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 10:17:24 AM by Flickerswift »

Offline hyenacub

• Storm Chaser
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Hyenacub on Deviantart!
Yeah women's shirts for those with tiny figures. =P

Well that’s true, unfortunately.  I have a large-sized friend who frequently complains about that.  Fortunately the guys’ sizes go larger so I don’t have a problem.

Not to mention not everyone has a Hot Topic in their country.

True again!  Though they do have a website.  I don’t know if they ship internationally, though.

LOL  Arena Exclusives.  XD  That would be cool.

OK I have just watched that video--thanks for the link; I loved watching it!  What an adorable and clever little girl.  I could listen to her all day.  She was indignant as heck too!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 07:23:31 PM by hyenacub »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need pics for my MLP site--go here for info!  http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,384452.0.html

Offline BigBrotherPony

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Right after contacting WeLoveFine after my post a page or two back...I got the following response back regarding my pony related input;

'We do add new items to the site daily, which helps keep our collection growing.......... I can pass the info on to our merchandising teams because any feedback is helpful in gaging what our customers want to see!'

They did write a bit more, but that was related to another request i put in too!

So they are aware of our requests for more variety for girls T's. They are linked to this thread....but whether anything will happen, who knows!

Thanks

BBP 

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
It kind of bugs me, but what bugs me more is looking for 'women's shirts' and they're all in a rather 'tight' style like say a babydoll tee or they only stock 'small' sizes. I don't like my shirts being snug and often the shirts come up as quite short which doesn't help.

Once I found a pony inspired 'Criminal Damage' shirt which I kind of liked, found it online and they went up to Large, apparently 'Large' is a UK 14 according to them. :/

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Ice Crystal

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
WeLoveFine started off with more t-shirts fitted for women than men, but when they found that the money was in men when it came to FiM, they started favoring them. I think it would work out best if they just released unisex and women fitted shirts at the same time but eh.

There's an official MLP shop on zazzle.com and they offer shirts in all sorts of cuts. You might also want to look at redbubble.com. Every design is offered in various cuts, but just be careful because there is a lot of art theft around there. It's also all unofficial.

SalesWants
LOOKING FOR: "Quick" Rarity, Salty's accesories & Wavedancer's shell.
Please PM me if you have any of these for sale!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal