collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Hunger Games  (Read 11703 times)

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunger Games
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
I want to read the books first.  But I'm cheap and don't want to buy them, lol.  (And our wait list at our library is suuuuuper long).  But I might read them on my iPad with the Kindle app.

There was a sale to buy the books as a set on Kindle but I just missed it. Hopefully if they have it again you can catch it. I was like $16 for all three.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
Yes, I'm so excited about this! I have my ticket for the midnight premiere. I only go to midnight premiere for movies I'm super excited about, like Twilight and Harry Potter :)

Aaaaannnndddd, the BD part 2 trailer will premiere with this movie!

Offline JigglesTheCat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
I read the books and loved them! I'm super excited for it -  I'm going to see it the first chance I get! My favorite book of the series was Mockingjay, but everyone disagrees with me XP
I took a break from the Arena from a couple months due to school and other things in my life. But I'm back now!

LoftyWings

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
Soon as I saw the previews of the movie I KNEW I would love this series. "Distopian" is my favorite genre of books. I bought the whole boxset for $30 on Amazon a few weeks ago and am almost through the first one. I'm going to wait 'til the movie is on DVD because I hate movie theaters, but I'm afraid once it's released in theaters spoilers will run amok on the internet.

Also, to the comment about how ironic it is we are making these books into movies...so true! I can't help but compare the relative lavishness of the capitol to our culture's general lifestyles. Granted some aren't as lucky as others, but so many things we complain and worry about are such "First World" problems. Lately whenever I am frustrated with something I can't help a little voice in my head saying "well, I'm actually pretty lucky--at least I'm not in a situation like Katniss's."

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »
Aaaaannnndddd, the BD part 2 trailer will premiere with this movie!

Gag! That almost makes me not want to see it. Sorry, I just get so sick of being bombarded by the previews for those movies whenever they come out and now I will have to sit through several months of it...ugh.

I am super excited for this movie actually. My mum got me into the books and I like them. Not as much I adore Harry Potter, but I like them. I am really hoping they do not ruin Rue and Peeta as they are my favorite characters and I can only hope that they make Katniss more enjoyable than she is in the books.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 03:47:45 PM »
I am really hoping they do not ruin Rue and Peeta as they are my favorite characters

The clip I've seen of Peeta was really good. Made me get my tissues ready for the movie...

LoftyWings

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »
Just finished book one! OMG, reading a good book can be SO disorienting, no? I'm saving book 2 until my train trip into the city next weekend. Too much else to do to in my life right now get lost in another volume XD

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »
I am SOOO excited! My BFF and I are going Friday evening to see it (BUT I'll probably see it numerous times!). I've only read the first book so far. I had it on my Nook. I ended up buying the boxed set the other day so I can get to reading the second and third books after seeing the movie. I think they'll do a good job on the movies. There's only so much that can be fit into a movie, so I'm going to be realistic about it. From what I've seen so far, it's all been pretty good. I noticed at least one thing different in one of the previews, but I wasn't looking at every single detail along the way. We'll see, but I am optimistic. :D

I've been loving me some dystopian novels as well! I just finished Divergent by Veronica Roth--SO GOOD. :)

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 06:34:42 PM »
SQUEEE! I totally just won tickets to go see an advance screening Wednesday! So excited! x3

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
I'm going to the premiere of the Hunger Games tomorrow night. :cheer: I can't wait to see how it plays out. Very interested to see how they do things with the PG rating too....

Sleepytail

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »
I read all three books in about four days (excepting the two days I had to take between finishing the Hunger Games and buying Catching Fire, which were awful days!), and immediately started planning on teaching the books to my future students (wanting to be a lit teacher) because they're such good reads and have so many hooks for discussing other works of literature. 

I already bought tickets to the movie, but I have to wait till Saturday since I'm going with my mom (who I got to read the books!) and my cousin.  I'm so excited!  I was expecting that the movie wouldn't be very good, but wanted to see it because I'm curious how they'll make books that are so violent into PG-13 movies, but now that the reviews are coming out really positive, I'm getting even more excited about it.  Who knows, maybe they'll do the books justice!

I hope we get to see some Buttercup in the movie.  What can I say, I'm a cat person, and the stuff at the end of book 3 with him (Buttercup was a boy, right?  I can't remember now!) was so touching.

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 03:10:47 AM »
've been loving me some dystopian novels as well! I just finished Divergent by Veronica Roth--SO GOOD. :)

check out the book series that starts with matched (by ally condie or something like that).  there is a second book in the series called... cracked?  it's been pretty decent so far.
looking into a re-branding.

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 04:46:55 AM »
've been loving me some dystopian novels as well! I just finished Divergent by Veronica Roth--SO GOOD. :)

check out the book series that starts with matched (by ally condie or something like that).  there is a second book in the series called... cracked?  it's been pretty decent so far.

I've actually already read it, but thanks for the recommendation! :) I still need to get the second book. Delirium by Lauren Oliver was great too. There's so many of them out there, I haven't been able to keep up with all the awesomeness!

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 07:08:10 AM »
I don't know anything about it.  What is the premise of it??

This is what it is about. Don't read any futher then that first part unless you want spoilers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

I'm so glad there are people excited like me.

I've also read that series Matched as well. Can't wait for the next one to come out.

Congrats on winning tickets to see it early Rhini!!!

Sleepytail -I hope Buttercup is in the movie as well. And he is a boy.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 07:53:55 AM »
Hehe, I'm dragging my fiancee to see it, but that's simply because it's a bummer to watch movies by yourself. He seems okay about it. :D I hope I don't regret it though. I don't have the highest hopes because of how Percy Jackson and the Olympians got chopped up...so we'll see!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal