collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Hunger Games  (Read 11585 times)

Offline megsense

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/megsense/
Re: The Hunger Games
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 07:10:52 AM »
Oh, I agree, the shaky cam was driving me nuts at first!

Exactly. I assume that's how they got by making this into a PG-13 because alot of the violence was covered up, not as blunt as it could have been.

I think that you understand the movie differently if you have read the book first. Since the book i all Katniss thoughts you understand what' in her mind in the movie. Which also explains lots of stuff. Like it's not really obvious in the movie that Katniss believes that the romance is just acting

Very true. I had two guys behind me talking off and on through-out the whole movie, clearly lost as to what was going on and what it was about and why she did this and that. ;\ My fiance didn't read the books either and I whispered snippets into his ear as the movie went on, and he asked questions. They did a "good" adaptation but I got the same vibe from it as I did Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. "Whoops we forgot to tell the people WHO the half blood prince is." "Whoops, we forgot to tell you about her prep team and Effie." Come on people. ;[

Also.. I gotta say something on casting. Was anyone at all bothered by the plumpness of Katniss's face and the shortness of Peeta?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Line art from MLP:fim

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2012, 07:14:23 AM »
Also.. I gotta say something on casting. Was anyone at all bothered by the plumpness of Katniss's face and the shortness of Peeta? 

I wasn't bothered by katniss at all,  she looked just the way I had imagined her, but yes, Peeta felt a little bit too short (and not as muscular as I had imagined him) , But I think he did a splendid jib acting.

Adoptable made by me

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
I wasn't too irritated. She kind of looked the way I pictured her. I thought the Haymitch/Cinna casting was nice. Stanley Tucci scares me after The Lovely Bones. I also thought Peeta wasn't quite how I pictured him but his camouflage made up for it. :drunk: as well as his acting.

Did anyone else who read the books want the Avox girl to have more of a role?

Offline megsense

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/megsense/
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
Did anyone else who read the books want the Avox girl to have more of a role?

YES! I sat there whispering to my fiance who the girls in red in the background were. Just to have them never really even come into focus.

Line art from MLP:fim

PonyPancake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »
They captured the books great IMO. Too bad Gale's actor looks way too old.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:39 AM »
I saw it yesterday. Its a good movie and I'd definately watch it again, but...

It is definately PG13 or even PG nowadays, which doesn't mean its a bad movie at all, just definately the least amount of gore this type of movie could have. A couple of flesh wounds and cut wounds but no blood spattering type gore at all.

Shaky camera made me want to puke.

I thought there was too much of the movie devoted to training before the main event, and too little movie devoted to the hunger games which should be the main event. They killed off a lot of people in the beginning and people dropped like flies throughout and we really didn't see any of what happened to many of them. We only saw what happened to a select few of the 24 participants. These games were supposed to be what, two weeks, and it seemed like two days and the games were done. I was rather disappointed by that balance between the time leading up to the main event and then the main event itself.

I haven't read the books so I don't see what's wrong with Jennifer playing Katniss, she's gorgeous. Was she supposed to be anorexic or is this because she's supposed to be half starved during the games? None of the characters looked like they'd been in the wilderness for several days. As far as Josh playing Peeta, I didn't have a problem with his size because isn't he second best to Gale and he's supposed to be the underdog. I definately got that from him playing this part int he movie. He's basically Rudy. The movie is going to put Amandla Stenberg solidly on the map. She's absofrickinlutely adorable.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:39:03 AM by HavACrumpet452 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal