collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Princess Candence on taobao and how to order them finally!  (Read 16605 times)

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
I've seen many new releases discovered from arena members posted here and I have always been frustrated at my lack of ability to order them directly through the site, well apparently now there is a way! Sorry if this has been  posted before or old, I am kind of slow of these things so please feel free to move/delete. 

The new Princess Candence 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Judging from the pic I assume she will somehow be tied to the Express Train set. I think this is the best version of her to come out so far though.

You can order her and other new releases from taobao now finally, using their agent site, it's proven to be legit by the way. I've seen plenty of people post their purchases arriving as described and promptly even.

I am posting this with the intentions of us all saving some major cash, I've seen some of the ponies bought from taobao resell on ebay for an upwards of a 100 dollars.

This particular Candence turned out to be 6 dollars, with the fee and shipping included; a total of 15 dollars...I've placed my order for a few and can't wait to get them!

Anyway:
goto http://taobaonow.com
make an account
once you login, goto your shopping cart
 paste the link to the specific item you want (in this case, use this linkhttp://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=16013136374)
select the quantity and tada :)

It will automatically pull the item you want and then you just submit your order.

I hope this helps in any way. Cheers!

Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: New Princess Candence on taobao and how to order them finally!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:21:26 PM »
How cool!!

Offline kadajkitten

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:31 PM »
Isn't the site not in English though?

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 09:26:56 PM »
That's amazing! I hope they released her with the gradient colored wings like the one that was shown on the Toy Fair photos. :( She's still pretty! :lol:
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline CapnChan

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »
Isn't the site not in English though?

Thats where taobaonow.com comes in.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
I hope they released her with the gradient colored wings like the one that was shown on the Toy Fair photos.

I hope so too. The gradient was pretty.

As much as I want some of these ponies listed on taobao and like "sneak peeks" at upcoming ponies I don't really feel comfortable buying off there. I'm afraid they are either factory seconds/defects or stolen which I don't want to support. Has anyone ever asked hasbro about this?
It is frustrating that certain ones are so hard to get or have bad distribution and it's hard to be patient but I want to make sure my purchases support hasbro instead of damaging them because I love the toys so much.

cesprins

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
waiting for official release as well. but out of curiosity, has any other new ponies surfaced on taobao besides princess candence?

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 10:13:54 PM »
I ended up buying two. ;o;
Probably gonna sell the extra to someone on the arena. :)
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 10:16:40 PM »
Darnit! I was trying to buy this covertly!  I hope someone doesn't buy the whole lot of them now and resell them on ebay.  :P

That is nice of you to post a tutorial, though.

waiting for official release as well. but out of curiosity, has any other new ponies surfaced on taobao besides princess candence?

Cesprins, I think they only other ponies to surface have been a white fashion style Celestia, different Rainbow Dash pose, and new Luna that we had seen a promo picture of for the European Toy Fair (no idea what that was called). So those 2, maybe Minty, maybe Sweetie Blue and we have also seen the little yellow flower girl pony. Oh yes, and some random crystal-ly green blind bag boy pony.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:22:05 PM by BrightIdea »

toralei

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 10:20:58 PM »
Okay, question. Sorry if this sounds dumb.... but you just list your address the way you would on an envelope in the USA (minus your name, as you enter it earlier), right? The way they worded it is a little strange...

Offline CapnChan

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »
Darnit! I was trying to buy this covertly!  I hope someone doesn't buy the whole lot of them now and resell them on ebay.  :P

That is nice of you to post a tutorial, though.

Cesprins, I think they only other ponies to surface have been a white fashion style Celestia, different Rainbow Dash pose, and new Luna that we had seen a promo picture of for the European Toy Fair (no idea what that was called). So those 2, maybe Minty, maybe Sweetie Blue and we have also seen the little yellow flower girl pony. Oh yes, and some random crystal-ly green blind bag boy pony.

From what I've gathered there will be a new Castle Canterlot set being released as well and might be on taobao right now, it's supposed to be like the cardboard box set (forgetting the name for some reason) that came with the carriage and shine bright Luna, but made of plastic with a ton of accessories. 

I apologize in advance if this hindered some prospective sales but I really just wanted to make it easier for people to buy these new released ponies that are without a doubt going to eventually reach U.S. and European countries, without paying the ridiculous amounts I've seen them go for. I want them just as much as any else but I simply can't afford those prices, so just wanted to help out ;)

Post Merge: March 07, 2012, 10:33:36 PM

Okay, question. Sorry if this sounds dumb.... but you just list your address the way you would on an envelope in the USA (minus your name, as you enter it earlier), right? The way they worded it is a little strange...

The set up is a bit odd I agree, but you include your full name along with your normal shipping address, and then submit the order which will pull up their shipping cost plus fee, which I should remedy is added ontop of the "total base price" (still cheaper than you'd find elsewhere as far as I can tell) then add your payment info and viola.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:33:36 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 10:43:27 PM »
For some reason the site will not work for me now :c

Offline Filthy

• The Crazy Cat Lady
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 10:45:42 PM »
If someone is going to do a 'bulk order' from taobao to help others now that :muffin: Pony is available too, count me in! :P  (Not because of :muffin: Pony though, I'll try to stick with the unicorns).
Thanks to Mandy85 for my avatar

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »
From what I've gathered there will be a new Castle Canterlot set being released as well and might be on taobao right now, it's supposed to be like the cardboard box set (forgetting the name for some reason) that came with the carriage and shine bright Luna, but made of plastic with a ton of accessories.
Ooh! Where did you hear that at? Exciting :D

Offline CapnChan

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
For some reason the site will not work for me now :c

Weird, I just checked myself and it somehow seems to be down?? I already received my confirmation order and emails just 20 minutes ago...hum, hopefully it's only temp.

Post Merge: March 07, 2012, 10:48:44 PM

If someone is going to do a 'bulk order' from taobao to help others now that :muffin: Pony is available too, count me in! :P  (Not because of :muffin: Pony though, I'll try to stick with the unicorns).

Link to the :muffin: Pony/Ditzy Do? Haven't seen that yet, and if I find it I will PM you and include your orders soon as I can.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:48:44 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal