collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Princess Candence on taobao and how to order them finally!  (Read 16679 times)

creampuf

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New Princess Candence on taobao and how to order them finally!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
The EMS shipping costs scare me but TaoBaonow site says they have 40% off the normal EMS prices for their customers.

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2012, 09:36:17 AM »
Taobaonow just requested payment from me. This doesn't necessarily mean I'm definitely in, but at least it's not an immediate rejection, so here's hoping...  :hope: :enthralled:

If both :muffin: Pony and Cadence are out of stock I hope they're willing to refund my money rather than asking me to choose other items  :what: :cloud:
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline MLPgal13

• Trade Count: (+123)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Thanks for my Avie Calico <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »
 :shocked:

All this is to much to process...

Offline Ren-Ren

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 10:21:03 AM »
This is just speculation, but I'll bet this Cadence is a rejected prototype, like reverse Cupcake. They probably decided to mass produce the one with the wings that match her body--at least I hope so, because I think she looks much better that way. But I still want this one, especially if she's limited quantity LOL. 

Offline BrightIdea

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2012, 11:12:20 AM »
@CapnChan,  don't worry, I know you are doing a good thing  :)  And on another note, woot! got my Cadence. Or it's purchased at least, yay!

I can't wait to see her on the show!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2012, 12:28:20 PM »
For anyone trying this for the first time...as Ren Ren says please dont think that because you have paid you have the pony - most Taobao agents charge and then go and find out if the item is in stock...make sure you are using a reputable middle man so that if the item isnt available you dont have to worry about refunding....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 01:27:12 PM »
@CapnChan,  don't worry, I know you are doing a good thing  :)  And on another note, woot! got my Cadence. Or it's purchased at least, yay!

Thanks :) I placed my order for one Candence and two Ditzy's before they were supposedly sold out. I've written one of the agents to make sure she was still available and awaiting a response.

Post Merge: March 08, 2012, 01:28:57 PM

For anyone trying this for the first time...as Ren Ren says please dont think that because you have paid you have the pony - most Taobao agents charge and then go and find out if the item is in stock...make sure you are using a reputable middle man so that if the item isnt available you dont have to worry about refunding....

yes, the total of the actual pony is 15.25 each, after payment is made and they have the item in hand they will send you the shipping+fee cost, which is all explained thoroughly in detail before you submit the order for payment.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:28:57 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Lon-san

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 01:34:01 PM »
The suggested price for the castle set is $34.99. If you don't care about the castle, then Cadence and Shining Armor are about $17.50 each but They come with their wedding clothing, rings, and (in theory) have passed quality control.
The big question is, how much in total is a Taobao Cadence after fees and shipping and how much do you want it right now vs. the missing stuff and possible flaws.

Offline CapnChan

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 01:41:41 PM »
The suggested price for the castle set is $34.99. If you don't care about the castle, then Cadence and Shining Armor are about $17.50 each but They come with their wedding clothing, rings, and (in theory) have passed quality control.
The big question is, how much in total is a Taobao Cadence after fees and shipping and how much do you want it right now vs. the missing stuff and possible flaws.

I've been quoted two numbers so far, 25 and 30 USD + plus the cost of the pony =/ so no it's not the best deal in the world but compare it to the eBay prices and it's tremendously cheaper. I happen to like the factory error and prototype ponies :> but if the order doesn't work out then meh, I can wait as well.

oh forgot to mention, that they combine and increase price according to weight but if you are just ordering the individual ponies I don't think they'd go up in shipping cost.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 01:43:14 PM by CapnChan »
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »

Thanks :) I placed my order for one Candence and two Ditzy's before they were supposedly sold out. I've written one of the agents to make sure she was still available and awaiting a response.

yes, the total of the actual pony is 15.25 each, after payment is made and they have the item in hand they will send you the shipping+fee cost, which is all explained thoroughly in detail before you submit the order for payment.

Oh it is completely clear on "most" middle men/agent websites but it isnt clear on all of them and also I just thought its worth while for people to know all the angles and make sure they were using a reputable agent so that no one gets messed around.
Loa is my love god!

Offline CapnChan

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 02:01:06 PM »

Oh it is completely clear on "most" middle men/agent websites but it isnt clear on all of them and also I just thought its worth while for people to know all the angles and make sure they were using a reputable agent so that no one gets messed around.

Sorry if I came off rudely, I was just speaking in general since the only middle man site I actually know of is taobaonow.com Thanks for sharing, I thought there might be others but I am not sure I'd even trust them  myself Xp
Current wantlist:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »
No no...you are being so so helpful I didnt mean anything by it sorry....I just know there are other agents out there not as reliable as people like taobaonow and I just think its one of those things that people need to be so careful about...thats all!
Loa is my love god!

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »
Thanks for the info!  :cool:
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Ren-Ren

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 11:26:33 PM »
Argh! I've received a notice about my order from tbn, but the site is still down for me... This'll be the word on whether I got them or not so I WANNA READ IIIIIIIT *pout pout*
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:28:50 PM by Ren-Ren »

ladybrooklyn

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 11:40:32 PM »
Argh! I've received a notice about my order from tbn, but the site is still down for me... This'll be the word on whether I got them or not so I WANNA READ IIIIIIIT *pout pout*
Give it a shot... I got in ok...

And sadly... my message said they weren't available anymore. :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal