collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, blind bags...does everyone want them?  (Read 17542 times)

Offline Moonstar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Prancing On Air
Re: So, blind bags...does everyone want them?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »
I really want some but they aren't sold where I am and the prices on ebay are really too much for me.  I'd really like some way to just buy some at their actual price :\
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"The Rainbow of Light belongs here, with the Little Ponies."

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
I have no interest in MLP that aren't original G1. But I found the Blind Bags in my supermarket on the way home from work today. I had remembered mysteriously that the Applejack one was number 19, so I delved into the box and had a look. Just because I was passing that aisle. But there wasn't one. I picked up my shopping basket and was just about to move on, when I thought
"Hmm, I wonder if any have fallen out of the box onto the shelf behind something else?"
So I put my heavy basket down again (still clutching 2 other bags and my rucksack over my shoulder though) and moved the box. And found another box of them behind. So I had a quick delve, and guess who jumped into my basket? Couldn't buy the toilet roll cos the pony cost my last £1.70, but I got it to match the only other G4 pony I have, Applejack in case you couldn't work it out.
I've just had a look on several websites at pictures of the other ones, and like a few pony's colours, they don't look like MLP to me, but a lot nice looking than those ugly 3.5 things, so if I found them in a charity shop in future months they will come home and live with me!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2012, 10:44:33 AM »
I'm not a blind bag fan. If it's not brushable......it's not for me. lol

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2012, 10:53:39 AM »
I only want the boy ones... but I have no idea how many there are or how to go about getting them. I'm so lost when it comes to G4 lol.

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2012, 11:41:03 AM »
We love the blind bags so much in this house. My daughter loves them because so can carry so many more of them in her hands. We also have brushables but we keep coming back to the blind bags!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »
I have a bunch of the G3 ponyvilles, and while I like the G4 version of them, I don't think I'd collect them as I just don't have the room. I want all of the blind bag Pinkies though, because I collect everything Pinkie. XD

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
I just ordered a new wall hanging nail polish rack to keep my blind bags on. It holds 90 bottles of nail polish so it should hold about that many blind bags. I can't believe I spent that much on a rack ($38) but it's going to look great, so I guess that shows how much I love those blind bags. But now that I'll only have a limited amount of space for them, I'll definitely have to be more picky about which ones I get. I wouldn't be able to fit all of them on the rack, and I'm certainly not buying a second rack.

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »
I wanted them the first moment I heard about and saw them.  They are small and easy to store, which I like because I have no more room for bigger toys.  I have all of wave 1 and wave 2, and now working on wave 3 (just the new girl characters & big mac).  I don't like wave 4 because they are all sparkely.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 11:47:02 PM »
I'm not into them at all. 

I can appreciate the excitement others have for them; the thrill of the hunt and the addition of new characters but they're just not for me.  For starters, I don't tend to shop where they're sold.  And I'm not a big fan of blind bagged anything - if I'm paying for it, I like to see what I get (I'm always afraid I'll end up with something I don't want otherwise.)

But the main reason is prefer my ponies to be bigger and have brushable manes and tails.  I don't collect the little molded plastic ones, whether they be petites, charms, poneyville or blind bag.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline gazzy90

• Trade Count: (+97)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2012, 03:34:38 AM »
But the main reason is prefer my ponies to be bigger and have brushable manes and tails.  I don't collect the little molded plastic ones, whether they be petites, charms, poneyville or blind bag.

I totally agree with that, but the blind bags convinced me and I think mainly because of all the new characters. Ponyvilles were just the same G3 ponies in different shape. I don't think we'll be getting all the blind bags as brushable ponies, so I needs to have them :p
Plus they're so cute! Ponyvilles I always thought were a bit ugly.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 03:40:06 AM »
I dont have waves 1 or 2 yet, but I have all of wave 3 since they are now being sold close to where my hubby works :)  I wasnt too keen on Ponyville, but I do like these - I love that there are new characters, and especially boys :happy:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

oddish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2012, 04:48:33 AM »
I wasn't interested in them at first, but after seeing more pics there are a few I really want. FiM background ponies, all the boys, and a few other cute ones like Tea Love. And of course I can't find them anywhere...which I think only makes me want them more...

Offline Ginger

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • TE Bright Eyes Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2012, 05:23:45 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of them..  I'm happy with my mane six and would like to find minty, a couple glitter ones, and maybe a boy. Otherwise I'm good! IMO I think they are expensive for what they are so don't want to collect them all. I'd rather spend $20 on four big brushables instead of $20 on ten blind bags lol. Also the only place I can find them is TRU and the BB are $3 there.

Wanted | Flickr | Tumblr | PonyDex

Offline Buddafly

• ERMAHGERD PWNIES!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • coffee addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
do any of you have a picture that shows the difference of packaging between the different waves of blind bags?  my mom wants to keep an eye out for them but I don't want her to spend a bunch of $$ on ones I already have :)
looking into a re-branding.

Offline GustyFox

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A Planewalker fox in human disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 01:17:13 PM »
I never wanted. Then I got one, just to check it out, and now I do want all of them >.<
But they are not available here.

Lovely GustyFox adoptable by MoonFlower. Thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal