collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So, blind bags...does everyone want them?  (Read 17558 times)

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So, blind bags...does everyone want them?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 06:43:55 AM »
Well, I don't collect G4s in general. I went and bought one and still don't really like them. But then I saw blind bags here and just decided to pick a few up, turns out I really like them in person. Then I went and only got the ones I want (using the cheat sheet) and will sell/trade the rest. I am mostly getting the ones which don't exist as proper toys.

also, Minty FTW :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline tinrobo

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • clockwork robo pony *click* *whirr*
    • View Profile
    • Tinrobo's Etsy Shop
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 07:03:18 AM »
there's a large variety of colors, not just pink

This is why I like them. I don't intend on collecting the full set but there are a few I really love the colour schemes of (Bitta Luck is like my perfect pony so I have to own her in some form!). I do like the poses they're in too (especially Pinkie Pie!) but I wish there was more than just the mane six five. That's probably why I don't want *all* of them now that I think about it... if there was a bigger variety of molds I'd probably be way more excited to collect them all. :p

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 07:44:29 AM »
I love their little faces, every single one of them.  I sound like the Target lady from SNL when I talk about my blind bags.  UGH SO CUTE.

I just now wish that some of them would be made into brushables, especially Pepperdance!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 07:47:46 AM »
I have strange obsession with small ponies with molded hair. :P I blame Petites. I love mommy charms, G1 Stampers, G3 Tiny Tins, blind bag ponies.... :D
~Foxtale~

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »
thrill of the hunt for sure! Plus there are so many, so you can buy a little at a time to keep the hunt going. I love the new characters as well.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:34 AM »
I wouldn't mind having them. Don't know if they are in Canada yet.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 08:21:15 AM »
I love them! But it is so difficult to catch them all!

Offline fireextinquisher

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://fireextinquisher.tumblr.com
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 08:23:24 AM »
I don't plan on collecting them, but I hope to get the Pinkie Pies from them as I collect her =P haven't seen any around here yet though.

Thanks to sabathamk and monstarnomnom (icon)

Offline Starbright

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »
I disliked the ponyvilles, so I thought I wouldn't care about the blind bags.

Then they came to America.

I love them now. :) I have seven and want several more. They're cute, pretty and the pony designs are great! The colors are unusual and some of the cutie marks and names are too. I wish Hasbro would make more of the blind bag ponies in brushable size.

I don't buy the mane six since I have those in bigger sizes, but the rest, oh yeah. I'm on the hunt now. It doesn't hurt that they're cheap, too.
Collecting G1 and G3 since 2005  :biggrin:

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
I'm not willing to pay what it costs to buy them from another country, and have them shipped to Canada.  I'd rather spend my funds on G1s.  All we have in Canada are the 5 main characters, minus fluttershy, in clear packages (so you can see who's inside).  Fluttershy's my favourite, so I have yet to buy any of them.

I'm sure, though, that if they do come to stores near me, I'll probably buy some, and then I'll be in trouble and want them all =P  I tend to buy the lego minifigures for my husband whenever I come across them, so I'd probably pick up a few of these as well.

I actually liked ponyvilles because of the adorable playsets.  If they come out with playsets or displays for the blindbag ponies, that might sway me too.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 09:53:00 AM »
I didn't want them at first. It really bothered me that Fluttershy didn't get her own sculpt and I didn't see the point in a bunch of re-colors of the same 5 sculpts. I passed up the TRU set half a dozen times and didn't think of it....
Then somehow when I learned the blind bags were being found in the US something clicked, maybe it had something to do with my love of Re-Ment or how easy it now seemed to start collecting them, I don't know but I made a deal with myself: If I went to Walmart and they even had any, if the box was missing some but had the mane 6 I would only get the mane 6 and leave it at that and not collect anymore (didn't want to go hunting a couple missing ones and have to overpay for them). If there was a full box I would get all but the mane 6 and get the TRU set and start a complete collection.
 I found a full box....
Fate, lol. I'm really glad I did though. I've really fallen for them now and it's fun to have all the characters. Oddly the fact that they are all recolors of 5 sculpts doesn't bother me now. They seem different enough and are really cute. I'm hooked and already looking forward to wave 2 hitting (I really hope it does. I cant stop now  :P )

Monsterelli

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »
So far I only really want 2 of them, Fluttershy & Minty. :) I actually found the blind bag box at Walmart yesterday but it was empty. :(

majikarte

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 10:25:33 AM »
I kind of want Minty and Golden Harvest, but I don't want them enough to buy online. If I ever do find them around in stores, I'll get them though.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »
I want them! I know I'd like to commission someone to make a few into G1 ponies for me.  I already have the mane 6, and I mainly want certain ones. I like them because they don't take up much space and also look adorable on my shelf all lined up.  I'd like to get Minty, Tealove, Firecracker Burst.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Flickerswift

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 10:47:28 AM »
I love the Blind Bags because 1) they're more show accurate than the other toys, 2) they don't have all that dumb doll hair I have to fuss with, 3) they have more poses/variety than the bigger ponies, 4) they're small, so it's easy to find room for them, 5) they don't come with useless accessories I don't need or want, 6) they're cheep and still amazingly cute.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal