collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15  (Read 30067 times)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- September 1, 2012! At the Zoo Again! Yay!
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2012, 08:03:05 PM »
What are price point boxes?

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2012, 08:04:18 PM »
OOOOO Like one more day away!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 30, 2012, 08:27:34 PM »
I've got one 30 gallon tote full, an 18 gal tote full, and a paper box full of stuff to sell!!  WOW, that's alot of stuff :)  I'm also going to bring a She-Ra hardcover book, and some vintage Rainbow Brite plushes (including Starlite).  Hopefully some stuff will find a new home.  I have to make room for all the stuff I'm going to buy from the rest of you!!  I can't wait :)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 30, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »
I don't have a lot to sell, but I hope I have stuff that people want.  I have trading cards, some mermaid ponyville, a talking pink celestia, some so soft baby ponies, a collector's set of blind bags from Toys R Us, some blind bags, and some other fun stuff.  Maybe next year I will have more.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #184 on: August 30, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
What are price point boxes?

Basically, boxes with items in them that are all the same price like "everything in this box is $1, everything in this box is $2, etc.)

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:40 AM »
o mngusty, I might be after that she ra book=)...I know a friend who would love it!

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2012, 06:17:52 AM »
I feel so behind!  I've been away for the padt month or so focusing on the new baby (3 1/2 weeks old already!) and I just barely remembered the meet is tomorrow!  :blush:

I'll be pulling out ponies today and trying to get them priced and ready to go.  I'll be bringing the remainder of my TE collection, a handful of G1's and G4's (going to let my Star Swirl go most likely), and a bunch of G3's (loose & MIB).  Is anyone interested in Ponyville ponies (loose and/or MIB)?  I've also got a Pinkie Pie Balloon House w/bonus ponies that I'm thinking of bringing over...

As per being paid in paypal, I don't mind at all - the only thing being that I'd want to make sure payments were 'gifts' so that paypal didn't take fees since we were dealing in person.  ^_^

Also, what time are people getting there to set up, and do we need to bring our own tables?  I know the fair starts at 9am, does that mean setup is at 9, or do we need to get there sooner?

*ETA*  Nessa - what internationals are you looking for?  I was thinking of bringing my Spanish Whizzer to find a home for, but I am on the fence.

Post Merge: August 31, 2012, 07:11:20 AM

Okay, more questions!  Sorry!

How are people putting the prices on your ponies?  (aside from the price point box)  I was thinking putting stickers under their hooves, but I don't want to put stickers on the body for fear of sticky residue.  :/ 

Also, is there interest in custom ponies?  I've got a few (not made by me) that I might be willing to let go of. ^_^

Lastly, does anyone collect Glo Worms...???  I've got four or five w/sleeping bags that I could throw in the pony box.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:12:26 AM by cloud_weaver »

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2012, 07:49:42 AM »
Cloud Weaver-
Also, what time are people getting there to set up, and do we need to bring our own tables?  I know the fair starts at 9am, does that mean setup is at 9, or do we need to get there sooner?

Good Question!

*ETA*  Nessa - what internationals are you looking for?  I was thinking of bringing my Spanish Whizzer to find a home for, but I am on the fence.

More so the German and UK or other Nirvanas on my wishlist...your Whizzer is safe from me lol.

Post Merge: August 31, 2012, 07:11:20 AM

How are people putting the prices on your ponies?  (aside from the price point box)  I was thinking putting stickers under their hooves, but I don't want to put stickers on the body for fear of sticky residue.  :/ 

My ponies that are not in boxes are in baggies with stuff written on the baggie.  You could use masking tape.  That comes off easily without a residue if it is not on too long.

Also, is there interest in custom ponies?  I've got a few (not made by me) that I might be willing to let go of.

I might be if they are Sugarberry customs or other Hasbro inspired ones.

Lastly, does anyone collect Glo Worms...???  I've got four or five w/sleeping bags that I could throw in the pony box.

I do, I do!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2012, 08:14:53 AM »
Oh, the baggies are a good idea!  I'll have to see if I've got enough around here...  I might just start tying prices around their necks too if I can find my hole puncher and some cardstock.

I'll bring the Glo Worms if I can get them away from my son - he really likes to play with them.  =P

P.S.  Nessa - you are looking for Berenstain bear books?  I think I've got a bunch that are just sitting here...are you picky about condition?  They've all been read through by my boys at some point or another.  :P

Post Merge: August 31, 2012, 08:56:12 AM

Also, is anyone bringing ponies to show off?  I've got a few I'm thinking of bringing but was wondering if anyone would like to see them, or if there was a way to display them.  I can bring LSPP and LS Rarity, and my Darkhorse customs.  :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:56:12 AM by cloud_weaver »

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2012, 09:17:50 AM »
Hi I am so excited I am taking off in less than an hour to go to MN. Yes bring your spainish wizzer. and any other foreign ones I am interested. I am bringing my MIP italy magesty, and a venny or two. plus some MOC.

Yes I am brining some hard to find ponies so people can look at them. I am bringing brazil bowtie, greek candel and ladybird one is mip with egg. I am also going to bring my MOC mimic for people to see. I am out of room as I am traveling with friend and could only bring one suitcase full of ponies to trade/sell. If I know what others want maybe next year I can bring others for people to see.

I can take paypal as well just as a gift like others.

Post Merge: August 31, 2012, 09:35:20 AM

hi I put my pnies in bags and then just put sticker on the bag. others I have seen get the prices with the sting around the neck I did not have time to do that.

Post Merge: August 31, 2012, 09:36:29 AM

I also have alot of not my littl pony stuff but am not going to bring it maybe next year after talking with people and seeing what they all collect. Plus no room lol.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:36:29 AM by bubbles171 »

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »
Hi, guys! I will probably have 4 or 5 copy-paper boxes with ponies, some just "price-pointed," and some marked. I've been either putting them in bags or putting stickers on the ponies. I'll pull the stickers off when I get home, so there shouldn't be a problem with residue. The residue usually happens when the sticker is there for a long time- like those permanent garage sale boxes some people have in their basement, or when the sticker gets hot and sort of melts onto the pony. Hopefully we won't have that problem tomorrow!

I don't remember who was asking about ways for their friends to amuse themselves, but the State Fair is happening this weekend, and the lake next to the building we are in also rents boats. Just thought I'd mention it, in case they were still looking for fun.

I'm planning on getting there at 9. It looks like the cafe and building open at 8, so if you want to get there earlier, cool. There's not really an official set-up, take-down time- just whenever you get there, set up and try to save space for others.

If you want to bring a card table, that would probably be ok. There are tables in the room, and last year we had enough space. There seem to be more people coming this year, so we might be squeezing a little, but we can make it work.

All right- got a few more games to work on, then I'm packing the car! Whee!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »
Well, I'm sorting through boxes now...my goodness I keep finding more pony stuff!  I'm hoping to clear out a bunch of it - I don't wanna have to pack it up and take it home.  :p

I have a lot more than I thought I did!  I hope I'm able to sort through everything.  Is anyone looking for Ponyvilles...?  Got a *TON*!!!

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2012, 02:08:25 PM »
I am looking for Bay Breeze in ponyville form. She's so cute, and I consider her a MN pony, since she was the exclusive for "our" MLP Fair.

Post Merge: August 31, 2012, 02:53:18 PM

Hey, if anyone has lots of dry-erase markers, or just any, will you please bring them? There's a dry-erase board in the room, and I have a few markers, but not many, and I'm not sure how good they are. They'll do in a pinch, but someone out there has to have some!

Oh, and a reminder- they don't want anything taped to tables or walls- post-it-notes are fine, just not tape. They specifically say no masking tape! Sorry I didn't bring this up sooner, but I have faith that we can work around this!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:53:18 PM by Aurora »
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2012, 04:05:18 PM »
I just put on some sticker dots on the bellies of ponies or on hooves.  It should be fine if it's only on there for a day.  I'm getting there maybe a couple mins before 9, but not too early.  Can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2012, 04:35:15 PM »
I have a lot more to get rid of then I thought I did.  I don't think I'll have time to price it all individually, so I'll just have to try and sort them into the 'boxes' idea.  ^_^ 

I'm not going to be able to stay all afternoon I'm afraid, I was just told that my husband's getting called into work early - he's got to leave at noon so I'm going to only make it for the morning.  :(

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal