collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15  (Read 30062 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- Planning stage!
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
How on earth did you guys get lost in Como Zoo???  :silly:  It's not really that big, especially compared to the the MN Zoo.  :)

LMK if you need help setting up and stuff.  Really, I'm not that far away.  Mind you, I will have a 4 week old baby with me (given that he comes on time), so I'll not have all hands on deck - but I will try to help out as much as I can. 

I'm wondering - is there a table where you will be displaying certain ponies?  I have some that I was thinking of bringing to show to others (some customs by Darkhorse, some of the exclusive ponies and nirvanas), but I don't want to hold them the whole time.  How did you do it last year?  I suppose I could just put up a small display at the table I'm at.  (Oh, and sharing is just fine with me!  worse comes to worse, peeps can just dig through some rubbermaid bins. :) )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
LOL! Don't judge us! Actually, we just got lost from each other, not really lost. We were trying to travel as a group, but we got seperated in a rainstorm. Sadly, none of that rain came and watered my garden!

At other pony meets, if someone has omething they want to display (like what you mentioned) they usually have part of their table as a display. The room isn't gigantic, so there wasn't really a problem with being too far away, and we did all of our in-the-room stuff before we went to the zoo, so we had everything packed up and safe by the time we left.
At the front of the room there was a big desk, and we used that to put prizes and some guessing games/custom contest on, hopefully that will work again for prizes. Speaking of which, I have started a little box for prizes, I hope everyone else is keeping it in mind! It doesn't have to be anything big, I have a couple sheets of stickers, a few McDonald's ponies, and a couple blind bags. Things that are fun to get, but nothing too extravagant. But the more prizes there are, the more fun it is to win games!

I am going to try to get there early this time- keep your hooves crossed!- and I will keep you in mind for any help! Hope that baby comes when he/she is supposed to!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »
Just curious though is it at the zoo again?  I may show I might not it all depends on where the meet is and where the picnic will be.  Curious am I.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2012, 08:20:19 PM »
So, I am going to have to mapquest this lol.  All the stuff we want to do in MN that weekend I think is at different ends of the cities.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2012, 06:17:37 AM »
Good news, nessa! The cities really aren't that huge, so it won't be a huge deal to go across town! And Balto, yup, at the zoo again. In a different room, but hopefully the same size room!

Cloudweaver, if you are looking for an adventure, you could wander over to the BLack Bear Crossings and check out the room (oh deer, I've forgotten which one, but it's in an earlier post somewhere one here!) and see what we're up against. Then you can let us know how many tables, if there are windows or other ways in, how close we are to the guy selling ice cream... all of which are very very important, especially the ice cream!

Offline loverofbalto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2012, 09:32:53 AM »
I thought it over and have decided I will be coming to the pony meet.  Can I be on your pickup list again Aurora?  The picnic is fun, but the pony meet only happens once a year and the chance to buy more ponies is just too much temptation to pass up.  I'm super excited and can't wait to see you all.

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2012, 11:34:48 AM »
Good news, nessa! The cities really aren't that huge, so it won't be a huge deal to go across town! And Balto, yup, at the zoo again. In a different room, but hopefully the same size room!

Cloudweaver, if you are looking for an adventure, you could wander over to the BLack Bear Crossings and check out the room (oh deer, I've forgotten which one, but it's in an earlier post somewhere one here!) and see what we're up against. Then you can let us know how many tables, if there are windows or other ways in, how close we are to the guy selling ice cream... all of which are very very important, especially the ice cream!

Been there a few times before.  Maybe I'll take my boys out sometime in the next couple of weeks to the zoo and stop over and snap some photos of the Black Bear Crossings room.  :)

P.S.  I've got ponies to donate for prizes.  =)  Let me sort through some and set some aside.  Doing no good here sitting in a box!

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2012, 07:35:05 PM »
Wow, it sounds like we'll have a great turn out!  I'm looking forward to it!! Will anyone be bringing kids with?  I will have an almost 3 year old girl & was wondering if anyone else was thinking about bringing any little ones along for some pony fun?

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »
Wow, it sounds like we'll have a great turn out!  I'm looking forward to it!! Will anyone be bringing kids with?  I will have an almost 3 year old girl & was wondering if anyone else was thinking about bringing any little ones along for some pony fun?

At the very least I'll have my newborn there.  My hubby may come with me, bringing our two other boys (2 yrs and 3 yrs), or they may all stay home.  We're on the fence at the moment as we don't know work schedules and such.

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 15, 2012, 03:22:35 AM »
Hooray, Balto! I think you made the right choice!
Cloud_Weaver, it's the Michael Donald Room, and if you got a chance, pictures or at least an idea of the shape of the room would be neat! Not that it really matters, since we're sort of stuck where we are, and we'll roll with it no matter what, but sometimes it's nice to know what you'll be walking into. The BBC site online might have some information, too, and I think they had a picture, but a first-hand description sounds like more fun!
Hooray for prize table ponies! Last year I put some "gift certificates" for my table on the prize table- little $5 certificates, nothing big or fancy- but we didn't play games right off the bat. Shopping and ponies first, of course! I'll probably do the same thing this year, but maybe I'll make some games that are played as early as possible, so there can be prizes the whole time.

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2012, 07:14:12 AM »
I would be bringing my 7 yo.  It involves missing one day of school on Friday to drive up, but as she also has Monday off, ehh.  Betting half of her class will be gone that day.  Will probably be able to find some prize stuff as well.  Would folks be interested in mixed amounts of dolly hair?
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Frenzy

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 15, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »

Frenzy, what hours do you normally work? We can start the meet a little later if it will help you, but I think they want us out of the BBC by 5- again, just trying to remember off the top of my head! But if we're all still having a great time, we might move it into the parking lot/yard, which was really pleasant. We can turn it into a trunk sale!

Oh man, don't change anything on my account! I usually get off around 4:30. My sister has caught the pony bug though, and was really interested in the meet when I told her about it, so if it works out she may be able to come and let me know if people are still hanging out afterwards!

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2012, 08:17:56 AM »
rybett, dolly hair would be of interest to me for sure!  I'd love to start customizing again!  I'm glad others are bringing kids, my daughter had fun last year!!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »
Oh, Gusty! I'm glad she had fun, I felt a little bad for her since there were all these boring grown-ups and tons of toys that she couldn't just run free in!

Offline loverofbalto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2012, 06:10:26 PM »
Hey Aurora, my boyfriend might be interested in coming, but we're not 100% sure on it yet.  If he decides to come can would there be room in the car with you and your mom for him to come too?  I'm not bringing anything big with me, so that will save on space and we can help you carry your stuff.  Just thought I would ask.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal