collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet 2012- HUGE success! Pictures added on p. 15  (Read 30076 times)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Meet- Planning stage!
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2012, 02:47:44 PM »
Hmm, maybe I could convince hubby if no one else can. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Frenzy

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
Are any of you good with digital pony art? As I said, I'm comfortable using Photoshop, but that's only with editing/colors/shapes/buttons. I'm no artist. Ok, I do make cool abstract things, but I can't draw figures like humans or ponies any better than your average third grader :P It would be great to have someone who could donate their time and talents to making a few pony graphics for the website :D Nothing too crazy, maybe 4 graphics maximum (unless you want to do more!)

If no one here is able, that's ok. I'll poke around the Pony Art forum. I just figured I should ask here first since I think people over there expect some form of compensation.

Hey babystarz, my digital art skills and program are less than stellar (see fantastic avatar :rolleyes: ) but I would be happy to give it a shot if you'd like me to. Or if someone here is a good colorist, I can at least provide lineart. I promise I can do more than just suspicious-looking cartoony ponies hehe!

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2012, 08:00:58 PM »
I just giggle at the thought of me trying to do this computer art! Rather than try to figure out lineart, I've colored pictures with crayon and then scanned them in! LOL!
Bubbles, I'm glad to hear you didn't have to sell her. She's such a pretty pony! And now you'll have Easter too? Holy cats!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline babystarz

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »
Frenzy, that would be great :D I'll PM you when I'm home from vacation ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2012, 04:40:05 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the website, I'm just bogged down with school. The semester will be over soon though!

I also found someone selling her large pony collection on Craigslist and gave her some info about the pony meet, so she might come with lots of ponies for us to buy!

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2012, 06:16:04 PM »
Hi everyone!!  I'm excited about the pony meet again this year!  Last years was so much fun, I'm for sure going to come to this years!!  I love the idea of the website, babystarz, I can't wait to see it.  I'm less than computer savy, but if I can help with anything, let me know.  It would be fun to meet up with pony people that live close and trade/sell or just talk ponies.  Aurora, let me know what I can do to help with the meet.  I'm keeping my eyes open for prizes for the prize table.  Your games were fun last year, I wouldn't mind playing them again this year :) 

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2012, 06:18:48 PM »
Babystarz- awesome find about the person selling their ponies! Nicely done! And don't worry about the website, sometimes life and school get in the way. Pesky degrees.

Gusty, awww, thanks! I've been working on some more, and I'm still trying to find the gumption to make Pony Cranium (Ponyum?). It's good to know they went over well. I saw a game called Headbandz at the store, similar to the game we played with the names on cards, but you wear the card on your head. Maybe I could borrow my sister's funny hat collection for the day and we can do something similar...

ETA: I have the coolest idea for a game! Better bone up on your pony poses!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:59:08 PM by Aurora »

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2012, 08:29:39 AM »
So how is everyone doing on this front?  I am super excited about this!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2012, 01:15:30 PM »
As far as the website goes, I'm dealing with some corrupted files in my software and I'm not sure when they will be fixed. The options I have now are thus: either wait to make the site until everything is fixed, or make a very simple hand-coded website now with the relevant dates and info for this meet as a place-holder :P

I've been mentioning the meet to other collectors in the Twin Cities area, and people are excited to come! A few won't be able to make it due to the holiday weekend but I think there will be a good turnout as long as people are aware of the meet!

I know I'm really looking forward to it, and I'll have a ton of baits and ok condition ponies to sell for cheap!

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »
Curious to know what is going on with the meet.  I got a lot of things I am doing this year and will have to take off work, but if I can fit it in I am really looking forward to it.  I vote for October if we are still voting for a date.  I have a lot going on in Septemeber.  So I will check in as often as I can

Post Merge: June 11, 2012, 03:10:57 PM

Realized I won't be able to make it this year girls.  Just saw you were planning for the Sat of Labor Day weekend and I have plans for that day already.  I have a picnic I'm going to for the MNFurs so yeah.  Have plenty of fun for me guys and I hope everyone finds lots of pretty ponies to buy.  *Hugs and pony kisses for everyone"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:10:57 PM by loverofbalto »

Offline Frenzy

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2012, 07:36:28 PM »
I'm don't know if I'll be able to make it for sure since I work weekends and don't really have time off saved up yet since I am still a newbie at work. I may be able to at least stop by after work though depending on how long people stay! Does anyone know how long the meet lasted last year?

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
If I remember the holiday rotation correctly, I have LD off!!  Must double check, if so, convince Dave that we NEED to do this.  Does anyone have a hotel list or a location I can put into expedia?  Tried the zoo and came up with nada.  Even which 'burb we are taling will help.  Thanks!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline babystarz

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
If I remember the holiday rotation correctly, I have LD off!!  Must double check, if so, convince Dave that we NEED to do this.  Does anyone have a hotel list or a location I can put into expedia?  Tried the zoo and came up with nada.  Even which 'burb we are taling will help.  Thanks!

Rybett, the Como Zoo is in the Northwest portion of St. Paul, close to Roseville. I'm not really familiar with the hotels around there, but I know you should be able to find good accommodations that aren't too expensive. I would probably search for a hotel in Roseville first, I'm assuming those will be slightly cheaper than in St. Paul.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2012, 02:42:06 PM »
I'm 15 minutes from Como Zoo.  There are plenty of inexpensive motels in Roseville and Shoreview.  ^-^

I'm super excited - I should be able to go this year!!!  I'm bringing a bunch of my ponies to sell, trying to clear out the last bits of my collection that I'm thinning down.  Are we going to have tables as an option?  I forgot if I asked this or not. =P

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
Rybett, you might also check the Como Zoo website and see if any hotels will shuttle to/from the zoo- then you don't have to drive. Parking wasn't a problem at the Black Bear Crossings, but the zoo was awful! It's a lovely walk between the two, I'd guess maybe a mile? on paved paths and over a bridge, thought a little wooded area and a parking lot.

Last year we started about 10 and left around 3, (I may be remembering this wrong!) we also went to the zoo and got lost and very wet, but it was fun.

Balto, I'm sorry you won't be able to make it! I was all ready to pick you up, too! This time I was planning NOT TO TURN OFF THE CAR. No matter what. Labor day worked for most people, but it sounds like you'll be having Furry Fun!

Frenzy, what hours do you normally work? We can start the meet a little later if it will help you, but I think they want us out of the BBC by 5- again, just trying to remember off the top of my head! But if we're all still having a great time, we might move it into the parking lot/yard, which was really pleasant. We can turn it into a trunk sale!

I think I'm going to go see if I can hunt down the mini-site that we used last year- it's a little easier to navigate, and would give all those other people (the ones you've been finding!) somewhere to go for more info while the website is in construction.

Cloud_Weaver, yay! Yes, there will be tables, but if this many people actually make it to the meet, we're going to have to share! We'll make sure everyone gets space, even if we have to squish a little bit. There were about 10-12 tables in the room, and we did fine for space last year. I'll keep an eye out at yard sales for those cheap plastic shelves that break down and travel really well, those would be great for taking up as little space as possible.
This is so exciting to see everyone pulling together to make this a great meet- way to go, team!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal