collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are Pullips unpopular now?  (Read 7706 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Are Pullips unpopular now?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2012, 12:29:49 AM »
There are also Little Pullips and Dals. While not super cheap, they are still a bit more affordable than the full sized ones and their heads look cute on 1/6 scale bodies. I want to get one eventually.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Tiny_Bubbles

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Safety lights are for dudes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2012, 06:03:49 AM »
I still love my Pullip girls (hi there, btw :) ), I just don't post much.  I haven't bought a new one in a while partly because of expense (horse stuff has to come first) and partly because I haven't loved the new releases, though the Fanatica regeneration doll is calling to me, haha.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »
MH is the only thing I can afford. I do get a bit sad at the lack of other dolls threads though. While I can't afford much, I love looking at the other lovely dolls I hope to get one of these days. It's interesting!

I also like LIV a bit, but it's either MH or LIV with my budget...so I get the former. DX

One of these days I plan on getting one of the Mini-Pullips though.

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2012, 06:37:27 AM »
I love Pullips but I feel like too much of a n00b to really talk seriously about them since I've never customized and am kind of scared of taking them apart :D 

So far I only have Chelsea and Little Pullip Aggonya, both of whom I adore.  I really want Greggia next but I'm having trouble finding one.  I just put one of my camera lenses up for sale to afford her <3

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2012, 07:59:36 AM »
I'm honestly tired of the MH fad and wish it would die off.
I had my fun with it for a few months and now I'm just like "ok, that was fun, back to BJDs"
MH is still cute, but I'm done investing money except for a very few. Mostly just finishing out my Draculaura collection, and the only reason that we share the root of her name.

I still love pullips, I still love BJDs (obviously), and I love hearing about new kinds dolls that I haven't heard of before. but thread after thread after thread of MY NEW MH, I CANT FIND GOULIA, NEW MH PHOTOS.....  I have to dig to get through it all.
I understand the "MH thread #a1249087234902384028934" was an attempt to curb that, but it just can't contain everything.

It was also a depressing day to see the pullip FAQ disappear and be replaced with MH.
Why not keep both?
And why do we have a sales subforum JUST for MH???? That does't make sense to me... Why not just an all around sales subforum?

Its very sad to see the dollhouse cater to the latest fads, and for pony collectors to understand - it's like pushing out the G1s because G4s are the big fad, and that's what's popular.

It's kinda hurtful in a way.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:03:25 AM by Knibitz »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 08:07:41 AM »
In all fairness, there isn't a Pullip thread to sticky. The MH thread got reposted once we got here, so it got stickied. I'm sure if an informative Pullip thread were made and someone politely asked, it would get stickied too.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 08:14:44 AM »
There are a few awesome doll lines on the way, a couple that are reminiscent of Pullips but without the Pullip price tag. I hope some of them catch on so there is some variety here.

Also had anyone seen the Lalaloopsy thread? I think it has gone missing.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • View Profile
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 08:19:17 AM »
As someone who thought collecting dolls was weird before MH came out...MH is bringing a lot of new collectors into the fold. That's how communities continue to grow, new fads bringing in new blood. Following the example of the older pony collectors -- welcoming the new kids into the mix -- wouldn't go amiss.

I'm only looking at Puillips and anthro BJDs now because of you guys. Don't become turnoffs like those other doll collecting forums.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »
As someone who thought collecting dolls was weird before MH came out...MH is bringing a lot of new collectors into the fold. That's how communities continue to grow, new fads bringing in new blood. Following the example of the older pony collectors -- welcoming the new kids into the mix -- wouldn't go amiss.

I'm only looking at Puillips and anthro BJDs now because of you guys. Don't become turnoffs like those other doll collecting forums.

I think you are misunderstanding. The fact that Monster High is liked and posted about isn't a problem. No one is suggesting they shouldn't be included as well or that Monster High fans aren't welcome. Everyone just misses the other dolls. It's kinda become close to Monster High House lately and some of those who aren't into Monster High are feeling left out. No one wants Monster High to go away, they just want to be allowed to bring their dollies to play too. I promise, we all want to keep you too. :silly: You are welcome here.

And, I have an idea. I know I'm guilty of this too, so I'll try to do better. You guys want to see more other dolls, right? And it seems like other doll posts go ignored or forgotten, right? The thing is, people DO look at them. The view counts go up. So what if, instead of only looking, everyone tried to say something? The threads would stay active longer instead of disappearing off the page and others may feel more comfortable posting other doll things if they don't feel so invisible when they post. I mean, if you think about it, that's all that's going on with Monster High. They aren't trying to push everything else out. People are excited and so they post and the threads stay active. Lets all get excited about our own dolls again and act like it! Make excited posts and respond to other's threads. Excitement can be contagious. I'm sure the dollhouse can be a bit more everybody plays again, but not if we only sit around asking why it isn't. We are the only ones who can fix it. Everyone who collects dolls should feel welcome here and it makes me a bit sad that some of you don't.

Post Merge: May 23, 2012, 09:26:35 AM

Oh and Wardah, there's a Lalaloopsy thread?? *goes to hunt*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:26:35 AM by kaoskat »

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2012, 09:55:34 AM »

Just curious, why is it hurtful? How is it hurting you? Picture threads of MH is no different than the picture threads of Pullips and such. (Though the latter is way more interesting because they're original type characters).
Just curious, nothing against your reason for it. :D

I personally think people who want to see less MH should take a stand. We can't quite get people to stop posting them (we have a sales forum, and people still post sales in the main one), BUT what can be done is all of these people who love Pullip, BJD etc etc should make more threads! Even if you feel people aren't partaking in them, keep them up. Don't give up. Make official threads like the MH one and keep it bumped and talk about stuff!

I only collect MH but I still have an interest in other dolls, so I would love to see them. But I don't want to see animosity towards them because they're overtaking the forum. Makes me sad. DX

EDIT: And I would treasure a Pullip or a BJD so much more than my MH, but MH right now is good enough because I never had the chance to have dolls like this.

I still have my eye on a few Pullips and BJDs though. *dreams*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:02:41 AM by aellos »

Offline Mandy85

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
"If you build it, they will come...."
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
I'm honestly tired of the MH fad and wish it would die off.
I had my fun with it for a few months and now I'm just like "ok, that was fun, back to BJDs"
MH is still cute, but I'm done investing money except for a very few. Mostly just finishing out my Draculaura collection, and the only reason that we share the root of her name.

I still love pullips, I still love BJDs (obviously), and I love hearing about new kinds dolls that I haven't heard of before. but thread after thread after thread of MY NEW MH, I CANT FIND GOULIA, NEW MH PHOTOS.....  I have to dig to get through it all.
I understand the "MH thread #a1249087234902384028934" was an attempt to curb that, but it just can't contain everything.

It was also a depressing day to see the pullip FAQ disappear and be replaced with MH.
Why not keep both?
And why do we have a sales subforum JUST for MH???? That does't make sense to me... Why not just an all around sales subforum?

Its very sad to see the dollhouse cater to the latest fads, and for pony collectors to understand - it's like pushing out the G1s because G4s are the big fad, and that's what's popular.

If you want a FAQ for Pullips, it's really as simple as making a thread yourself and just asking one of the mods to get it stickied. ;) I never intended for the MH FAQ to be seen as replacing the Pullip FAQ and I'm very sorry that you feel that way. I made the MH FAQ with my own time and resources because I thought it would be useful to point people in the direction of if they wanted to learn more about the franchise. I also did it in hopes to alleviate some of the commonly asked questions to help clear up the forums a bit. I'd personally love to see FAQ's and/or photo lists for various lines, it's really just about finding someone up to the task.

As much as I love MH, even I get tired of seeing so many topics on them. There's no denying that they're popular but the last time I checked, this wasn't a MH forum. Please, please, please don't be afraid to give people a change of scenery. Get the word out, introduce others to something new, recruit hobbyists, keep talking about it and give MH a run for it's money! :)

I know there was a thread about all "non MH dolls" a while back and I feel that it ended up being one of the more interesting threads to start up here in a while because I learned a lot of things about other doll lines that I may not have realized otherwise. People shouldn't have to feel like they need to be pushed into a single thread for anything not MH. Let's dilute the MH flood! Let's see some Pullips, Tonners, BJD's, Hujoos, Barbies, Catwalk Kitties, Livs, MyScene, Dynamite Girls, Lalaloopsy, Disney dolls, Reborns, American Girls, Bratz, Blythes, Dollcenas, Living Dead Dolls, Madame Alexander, Integrity Dolls, J Dolls, Momokos, Sailor Moon, Jem, whathaveyou! There's enough room here for everybody. :)   

MH has become by favorite doll line, but I don't exclusively collect them. As far as Pullips go, I own a handful of these dolls and love reading discussions/seeing photos of other hobbyists' dolls, especially when they've been customized/personalized by their owner. While I'm not actively collecting them anymore (just because I reached my own personal quota) they still get taken out every now and then to be appreciated and I'd love to be kept up to date on the franchise since I've fallen a bit behind.

**Removed my "us vs them" comment because I didn't want it to be seen as antagonistic. It wasn't directed at anyone but I felt it may end up making the conversation turn into something it's not and I don't want this thread to take a wrong turn.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:32:12 AM by Mandy85 »

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »
Mandy said it best. I just feel if people don't like it, they need to fix it. :D

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
please don't make this a "us vs them"
it is not tolerated with ponies, and it will not be tolerated with dolls.
we are all collectors.

that being said, yes, this used to be flooded with pullip posts....and there was a lot of the same complaints as we hear about MH dolls now. it happens. But like kat said, if you post on the non MH threads that do get started, they will have more prominence, and not get lost.

The MH sales thread created to try and clean out/contain some of the flood of MH threads.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »
Well, I'm really glad to see people still love pullips, and I guess I understand the "they're new! They're popular!" thing. I guess I just miss seeing all the pretty pullips, but then, I suppose I'm just as guilty, I haven't photographed my girls in ages. ^_^;

Personally I found MH dolls ugly as sin though. I mean, I like some of the clothes, but the dolls......ecchh. But that's not saying I want people to stop posting about them, I think people can post whatever they want! I just miss all the pullip talk. I mean, what happened to the "new pullip" thread? I always checked on that to see what was up next. I don't think it's a "us vs them" at all.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2012, 10:35:49 AM »
I miss the family portrait thread!! it was always so fun seeing people post a new shot of all their dollies :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal