collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your job?  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Your job?
« on: May 13, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
Tell me all about it! What do you do? What was your favorite job? What's your dream job?

I'm currently a bakery clerk, and eventually I want to own my own bakery!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
Re: Your job?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
I just got hired at my future brother-in-law's toy store. I make boxes, pack up shipments, take inventory, basically whatever he needs me to do.

It's pretty good job for a pony collector. I'm his go-to pony worker.

Duster reference]

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 08:53:14 PM »
I'm currently a housewife and then starting in August my job will be "student". My dream job is to breed and raise endangered animals, so I am going back to school to get a degree in Zoology.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »
Current job, student at a local trade school (medical billing). Am attempting to finish off classes at the local JC and transfer, in the next two years. I'm a double major in Anthropology and Native American Studies. Related to that, my dream job is to work for a tribe. Somewhere in the WA area. Working in the area of cultural reparation, language preservation etc.

Best job to date? Barnes & Nobles, though that only lasted two weeks (due to family issues/drama). Bibliophile me was in heaven!

Beyond that I've worked a bit of food service, retail and pet grooming. Not allergic to hard work. Though construction and or anything involving heavy equipment (but it would be fun!) is out. Due to my epilepsy.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline kezrob23

• my heart beats true for the Red and the Blue
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »
my first job was part time reception for a clothing importer/retail store. a few months after that ended they called me back to help them catch up on bank rec's, which lead to me getting the reception job back - plus more. accounts payable/receivable, import liaison (which i loved!!!!) second job was with a company called purple pig :lol: which actually sold rubber hoses, irrigation stuff etc :) started off accts receivable, but very quickly became credit controller for half their clients (which i also loved!!) now my job is a mum!! god help whoever i work for next, as my past 2 employers both went under - they say it comes in threes :biggrin: my dream job would be to do accounts from home - i love balancing and figuring out problems :) or something crafty from home - my sis and i sell crystals at local markets (see sig :P), but would love for it to take off and support us - or even be able to open a shop!!!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 09:30:26 PM »
Right now I have two jobs.

One is in a church (I work in the children's department putting together curriculum for children every weekend-I don't even attend the church). I like it just fine.  Pretty relaxed work, and I like working with kids.

Second job is in retail.  I work some evenings and weekends in a jewelry store in a busy mall. I love the jewelry, and the company is great to work for.  I don't like the business, but it's the best retail job I've ever had!

My dream job would be doing mission work in a Latin American country (I love Spanish). I would love to work with kids in a different cultural setting!  Maybe teaching music (my other passion in life).

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 09:35:38 PM »
I work at McDonald's, previously cooking but now only doing service. (I'm allergic to the gloves the grill team has to wear.)

I'm going to college this fall and my dream is pretty broad... I want to make something beautiful: art and writing and physical things. I figured out what I wanted to make in my life through my favourite game... which was shut down. I dream of making beautiful worlds and characters that suck you in like Ghibli movies, making plushies, just making things.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 09:40:40 PM »
I currently have two jobs!  I work part-time as a sales associate at a mall selling fancier lotions and potions.  I really enjoy it; it's easy work and everything smells good and the products actually work! I also work as a dental receptionist...which is no where near as enjoyable.  It's a lot of people talking, and insurance tussling, phone calling,  and my least favorite, money collecting.  Nothing worse than having to collect money from poor people who need expensive treatment.  Sheesh.
I'm starting back school next month for radiology, so I guess I'll toss student on top of those two jobs for the rest of the year.
My favorite job was working as a lab/field grunt for the USDA.  I got to work with plants all day and hang out in the sunshine and eat lots of fresh picked fruits.  It was pretty magical. 
I don't know what my dream job would be, honestly.  I'd love to write illustrate books all day but I also know I haven't the gumption to be self-employed.  Well that and my personal preferances in visuals and literary choice isn't everyone's cup of tea/hence not profitable.  I think a dream job would be one where I get to interact with people on a one-on-one basis and help them out somehow. And also a job where the only thing I have to "collect" is data and/or a paycheck. Haha
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:08:02 PM by elvenwine26 »
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 10:11:27 PM »
Right now? Cook, cleaner, babysitter, taxi driver, naggy wife....  If you hadn't guessed already I'm a stay at home mum  :lol:

BC (before children) I worked at a university in admin (English Dept). Coolest job I'd say was during my student days, working in a video shop (bad pay but endless movies!!!!). Worst job - call centre - never, ever again.

Slowly freeing myself up from kids, so not sure what to do (bit of a dilmena at the moment). It'd be cool to work from home - I have a couple of ideas I need to give more thought to, but it'd be great to step up my art commissions a notch. I still want to be around for the kids after school/during holidays etc.

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 10:19:58 PM »
I work at the business college of my university, doing tech and classroom support as well as lab monitoring.  Since I came home for the summer, I'm hoping to get a temporary job at GameStop.

Dream job?  Game designer for Nintendo.  Heck, even making a contribution in a small designated area (character design, specific programming area, etc.) would be wonderful. :)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 11:35:22 PM »
I'm a PhD student, so that's basically my work - which is in Fisheries and Fish Management... my dream job used to be a professor, but now I'm very much leaning towards wanting to get a state or federal level job and work as a fish biologist, or potentially even a crew member of a commercial fishing vessel... I'll be way over educated, but, I realize now my true love is to be ON the water, touching fish!

Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 01:43:13 AM »
I'm an anthropology student. My dreamjob is to be an archaeologist (I'm fascinated by  the Indus Valley Civilisation, which is kind of a big mystery! One I wanna solve) and also be Batman.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:47:31 AM by Rosencrantz »
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 02:27:47 AM »
I work at the local cinema and doing fairly good. Within the year I've been there I've been promoted to shiftleader and also learned to manage the tech side of it (ie starting movies etc). It's a very diverse job with great coworkers and I love every minute of it.

Before that I worked at a grocerystore, managing the bread and candy department. I loved my coworkers there and the boss, but things was a lot harder for the workers and being a small store I never got the title or payment for what I did and only got paid the same as the rest of the floor people but with a whole lot of more responsibility. It's great to now be at a place where I get the appreciation for the things I do.

My dreamjob is what I educated myself to. I am an archaeologist and would love to excavate things, but it's way harder to get in to that business than I ever imagined and I have slowly given up on ever working in that field. :(

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 04:10:27 AM »
I live in a college football town, so two years ago I worked in the visitor's center next to the stadium for the season. I would only work on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. It was a nice job- I would organize and fold clothes, take hangers off racks, open boxes, sell bottled water out in the front (that was a little frightening), and run a bouncy house. 

I hope babysitting counts, because I've done a lot of that!

I'm too young to have a full-time job yet, and my dad will not even let me get a summer job! I'm glad though, that I was able to work at the visitor's center. ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 04:12:43 AM by Eaglefeather »

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 04:38:01 AM »
I am currently working part time at my veterinarian's office while I go to college to become a veterinarian myself.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal