collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Hunger Games  (Read 11554 times)

Offline amenoo

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunger Games
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
I've been waiting for this movie since summer 2008. I had high expectations and they didn't let me down. I loved it so much, And I cried sooo much. Going o see it again on wednesday with my bf :) I think they kept it to the book very good, there were a few chabges but they were done very well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Adoptable made by me

LoftyWings

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:31 PM »
OK, I'm glad to hear all this. The NPR reviewer had me worried. I agree that you have to tone down the violence a bit when it's a movie, though I do understand the reviewer's point too that we shouldn't let the toned down-ness allow us to become numb to the fact that these are kids killing kids. But without Katniss' narration to filter the events, it's impossible to get the reality of the situation without it being unbearably uncomfortable to watch, and that would ruin the point even more because if no one is left watching no clear point can be made. That said, there is something to be said for the fact careful cutting and framing in movies & tv has somewhat numbed our culture to violence. What get's a PG-13 rating is what get's a PG-13 rating, though, and I don't think the movie should be rated R, so I'm glad for the compromise that was there. A shame about the "shaky-cam" though =/

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2012, 07:15:03 PM »
Oh, I agree, the shaky cam was driving me nuts at first! But the movie... was epic. There was so much heart, you could feel it. I cried... I can still feel the tear stains on my face right now! And it was over two hours ago. :O I cried my eyes out more reading the book though.

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2012, 07:45:58 PM »
The shaky camera drove me crazy. It made me feel dizzy. I got the chills though when they were counting down till the initial bloodbath began. I always pictured that scene quite violent in the book but...the movie couldn't exactly show it like that due to the rating.

I also thought some of the characters were 10x more awesome in the book like Thresh. The final scene with him at the Cornucopia in the movie was kind of...meh.

Offline Lucky4leafclover

• Trade Count: (+129)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleLuckyClover
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »
I LOVED the movie. I have been waiting for a year for it, and was very happy with it. Granted, I made it a point to NOT read the books even though I have them (and the audio books) because I didn't want the translation from book to movie to turn me off. I opted to wait for the movie first. I am so glad I did. As someone who has not (yet!) read the books I think that in my opinion they still showed enough to allow viewers to feel how bloody and desperate the Games really are. It was very heartfelt and I found myself secretly rooting for the tributes, even though I knew there was no way they were all going to win. (I tried my best not to give ANYTHING away in my post for those tha haven't seen it yet, No spoilers!!)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2012, 07:31:44 AM »
...I think some jerk in my driver's ed. class just told us how it ends... when someone asks "what is it about?", don't share the ending!! That means they haven't read the books and are trying to decide if they want to see the movie!

Also, I noticed too that it seems to be more popular with girls, but I do have guy friends who are really excited about the movie as well. And for young adult books, I'm surprised how many people in their mid-late 20s are excited for it. But maybe I just don't know enough teens. I might have to see it at some point now that I have a job and can afford things XD

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
I loved it!! It was amazing!!  I didn't actually notice the shaky cam to much. I think they did a good job translating it from book to movie.

I wished they would have been in the cave a little longer.

Any who I cried so hard in a few parts.

Also for anyone who wants to know. The next one isn't due out til November 2013. Which sucks. Ha ha

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »
I'm looking forward to that one. Catching Fire was the book I read over and over. So many characters made from pure awesomeness.

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2012, 04:56:29 PM »
I'm looking forward to that one. Catching Fire was the book I read over and over. So many characters made from pure awesomeness.

Finnick and Annie<3

Adoptable made by me

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2012, 11:23:03 AM »
Loved the books, SO excited to see the movie! I mean, the book is always better,  but the movie looks entertaining. I can't even watch a preview without getting all choked up.

Disregard the Prologue

Offline windsong

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
Loved the books, SO excited to see the movie! I mean, the book is always better,  but the movie looks entertaining. I can't even watch a preview without getting all choked up.

Me too! I had to hold back when I pulled it up for a friend to watch.

~ My Etsy Shop ~ Arena Sales ~ Wants ~ My Book Blog ~ TY Badjuju86 4 avatar  :heart:

Rococo

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2012, 08:21:33 PM »
I purchased the book last year but never got around to reading it. I saw the movie with my friend though... may watch it again with my bf if he decides he wants to see it too.

It was a good movie with a really good soundtrack. Jennifer Lawrence was amazing and she really made me root for her. Plus she is just a stunning woman all around. I just love her face so much lol. I was really interested in Gale and I hear he has a larger role in the next to books so I look forward to the films too. I knew that the Effie Trinket was played by Elizabeth Banks. I was really angry for the first half of the movie because how could all these people just allow such a barbaric game to happen year after year!? But I just can't hate any character Elizabeth Banks plays. I actually didn't know who was cast as whom aside from Jennifer Lawrence but I recognized a lot of them when I saw them on screen! Woody Harrelson, Lenny Kravitz... that last one surprised me!

I also did get pretty teary-eyed in... you all know what scene. I was like "Why?!!?" T___T

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2012, 08:46:48 PM »
When I first heard Lenny Kravitz was playing Cinna I thought he was the wrong choice but I was proved wrong. Haymitch was hilarious. :lol:

KiwiSquirtBottle

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 01:01:36 AM »
Saw this tonight. The carry over from the book was okay, but I still prefer the book. There's so much more character development. I don't think they ever mentioned Effie by name in the movie, nor was any mention given to the trio of people who prep Katniss (which isn't a huge thing now, but more important later on.) I also feel like a lot of small stuff was left out that should have had some screen time. Watch the movie, then read the book. But still a good movie!

Offline amenoo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2012, 03:59:30 AM »
I think that you understand the movie differently if you have read the book first. Since the book i all Katniss thoughts you understand what' in her mind in the movie. Which also explains lots of stuff. Like it's not really obvious in the movie that Katniss believes that the romance is just acting

Adoptable made by me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal