collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which would you keep? (the other would have to go)

Childhood ponies
More recently acquired ponies

Author Topic: If you had to choose between childhood ponies and more recently acquired ponies  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
My family is moving and alot of my stuff is there (bad me). Some (newer) ponies are being sold on or given away. A loooot of other things also have to go.
I'm lucky to still have all my favourite ponies I had as a child and I love them, but there are a lot of cuddly toys I sort of miss a little when I see pictures of them. Anyway, this got me thinking -

Would you give up every pony you have bought for yourself since childhood, if it meant you could get back all your most precious childhood ponies? (even if it means giving up hundreds for the sake of 3 or 4?)

And if you still have them, which would you choose anyway?

Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I'd have to go with my adulthood collection as it's really the collection I dreamed about as a child.  I only have one original pony, and I would be loathe to part with her--and honestly I might part w/ all the others just to keep her--BUT, if I could leave her out of it, I would not give up the current herd to get the old herd back, as much as I loved them!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Honestly, having grown up as an only child and only grandchild, I was completely spoiled rotten :blush: So I never seemed to grow attached to any of my toys, because I was constantly bombarded with new toys so much that I never felt love or attachment to any particular items :huh: Thinking about it in that sense, actually makes me a little sad. My family was all about buying love, no time or attention, but all the toys a child could want (which although it sounds nice, it's really not).

I love the collection that I have now, I don't have anything from my childhood, and I wouldn't give up my collection to have my childhood ponies or any other toys for that matter.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
My dad tells me that I had ponies as a child, but I have no memory of them (except a vague thought about having an aqua-coloured G2 when I was about 11 years old), they don't appear in any photographs, and I was a real Barbie nut and never gave much thought to MLP until 2010... so I've chosen adulthood collection. If I had fond memories of my childhood ponies maybe I would choose differently, but as far as my conscious memory is concerned, I've only ever been an adult collector. :blush:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
A mixture of both?

I can't say I'd want to part with some of my nirvanas. :/ They are just too rare and special to me to let go. I also adore my childhood collection-- even though I have very few survivors.

I could totally slim down to under 10, if need be, but I would keep old and new.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I sold most of my adult collection and kept my (repro) childhood collection. :)

brittney_rochelle

• Trade Count: (0)
I would die to have my old collection back! I don't have even HALF of what I had before we moved houses and they hid them at my Nanny's (which were rumored to be lost and/or burned). I had huge boxes.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
My childhood herd is probably my most treasured possession and I would never give them up! They mean the world to me :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
My first 3 childhood ponies (Cotton Candy, AJ and Glory) are the most prized in my collection.  They are possibly also the most worn!  Saying that I would not part with them for anything.  As much as I love the rest of my herd, it is really on money I would need to replace them.

YellowCat

I've sold off half of my recently acquired ponies over the last couple of years so I don't really have any trouble parting with them.  But my childhood ponies on the other hand I could never get rid of, some of them have been with me as long as I can remember.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Since my childhood ponies got me into collecting : I would never ever ever give them up for the ones I recently purchased. When i started collecting I traded some of my childhood ponies away for others and I still regret it today (9 years later). So, no childhood pony ever will leave me. None of them. No way.

Offline Septima Windsong

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I'll never sell my childhood ponies for the new ones! When I was little, I haven't got any because ponies were very expensive. But when I received my first Rainbow Dash and Minty, I was totally happy! They're still in my collection, and Rainbow Dash even has her original box =) So no new ones for old ones.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Oooooh! Thats a tough question. I only actually had a dozen or so ponies as a little girl and I do miss them. Not having them is what made me actually start collecting in the first place. But would I swap all the ponies I have now for those 12 or so ponies from childhood? I will admit that I would probably consider swapping a large portion of them...even if only for that Masquerade I have such fond memories of. But not all no.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lyra

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
I see a lot of people saying it's hard to choose, and it really is! but I find it really interesting XD Also I should answer clearly myself, and I'd keep the childhood ones :)

Honestly, having grown up as an only child and only grandchild, I was completely spoiled rotten :blush: So I never seemed to grow attached to any of my toys, because I was constantly bombarded with new toys so much that I never felt love or attachment to any particular items :huh: Thinking about it in that sense, actually makes me a little sad. My family was all about buying love, no time or attention, but all the toys a child could want (which although it sounds nice, it's really not).

I never considered that perspective on it before!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:27:16 PM by Lyra »
Lyra Silvertongue - not Heartstrings!

Kitten Mittens

I never had a childhood herd so I'm a big cheat when I say; I'll keep my new ponies thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal