collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which would you keep? (the other would have to go)

Childhood ponies
More recently acquired ponies

Author Topic: If you had to choose between childhood ponies and more recently acquired ponies  (Read 1476 times)

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
My early childhood was marked by a relative lack of ponies: for a long time all I had was a DnP Player and a bunch of fakies. All the fakies and my later G2 ponies have already been given away, and I don't miss them (though if I had the G2 ponies right now, I'd sell them to a collector instead). When I was about 10 I got a few more G1s but never loved them that much. Only as an adult I have been able to acquire the ponies I dreamed of, so ultimately the question is about giving up them or Player. There are quite a few that could go before Player, but not all of them.

Sky Wishes

• Trade Count: (0)
 :lovey: Childhood ponies with any doubt at all!!! Man i really mis those lil critters  :bawl:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
I still have most of my child hood ponies still. Most of them are pretty sad looking though. This is a hard one to say. I love both of them and would be hard to get rid of any of them! :(

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Hmm, I'd have to say a mixture of both, but if I REALLY had to choose... it'd probably be my adult collection XD I didn't have that many ponies as a child (couldn't afford it!) and I HAVE parted with some of my childhood collection to pay some bills and it wasn't as painful as I thought. Most of my childhood ponies are in terrible condition, they were very played with lol. So would I rather keep my Mimic I got a few years ago over my manky, discolored childhood Bowtie? You betcha!

Besides, I have wonderful memories with my newer ponies :) A lot of them I got from family and friends and they're just as treasured (some of them more so) than my childhood ponies. You can make just as good memories from receiving special ponies as an adult as you can playing with them as a child ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I would keep my childhood ponies.  I have soooo many memories associated with them, it would be like getting rid of a photo album... or even a friend.

Actually, I only have one or two pics from my childhood.  Our photo albums got lost in a move.  So old toys are as close as I get to remembering the "good old days".  :P
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 01:31:09 AM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
It would be really easy for me to choose. I would never let my childhood ponies go. They're way too imporant and full of memories. Rest of my collection.. They're just ponies. But my childhood ponies were much more than that!

autojoy

I think the only toys my mum ended up giving away were my ponies!! I seem to have pretty much everything else in my wardrobe in a bag XD I miss my ponies a lot lot lot. I had nine G1s I think, and four petites. I would love to have them back. I feel like if I buy back replacements for them, it's going to feel odd... but I want to do it anyway. I have good memories associated with my new ponies, and I have people to share the passion with now (I didn't as a kid, I was the only person I knew who liked MLP (and got teased for it of course! story of my life ad nauseum lol)) so that's nice... it feels like a new stage ^_^

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
I only kept 2 of my childhood ponies. Most of my collection consists of what I bought as an adult, so I'd keep those. If that meant losing the other 2, I'd be okay with that because I could easily buy them again.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I would have to keep my childhood ponies even though I only have a few left. I can always buy more new ones but could never replace my origionals

MidnightVelvet

I only had one pony as a child. Not that we couldn't afford them, I just didn't really like them. The pony is Blue Mist and I wouldn't trade her the world. I almost have 100 ponies in my collection but I would give them all away just for her. She is the queen of my herd and she will always be. :heart: :heart:

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I never had a childhood herd so I'm a big cheat when I say; I'll keep my new ponies thanks.

Same here! :P If this were about my Hamtaro collection though (small but growing!) I would definitely say I'd keep my childhood ones. New stuff is great and now I could get what I always fantasized about as a kid, which is awesome, but none of that could ever replace the originals :) Hamtaro, different collection, but probably the same sentiment.

Sky Wishes

I think the only toys my mum ended up giving away were my ponies!! I seem to have pretty much everything else in my wardrobe in a bag XD I miss my ponies a lot lot lot. I had nine G1s I think, and four petites. I would love to have them back. I feel like if I buy back replacements for them, it's going to feel odd... but I want to do it anyway. I have good memories associated with my new ponies, and I have people to share the passion with now (I didn't as a kid, I was the only person I knew who liked MLP (and got teased for it of course! story of my life ad nauseum lol)) so that's nice... it feels like a new stage ^_^

I miss my collection TOOOOOoo  :bawl: I genuinely will NOT EVER FORGIVE my mum, my ponies where my best friends and she GAVE THEM ALL TO A HOSPITAL!!! Can imagine the torcher the would have to endured, careless heavey handed kids with access to felt tip pens :enraged:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I only have one childhood pony left but I only had 2 as a child to begin with.  Ponies weren't a big thing with me as a kid so - provided I could keep my childhood Raincurl - I'd rather keep my adult collection.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
well... my childhood collection is about 125 ponies and my adult collection is less than 25...
can i make a combination of the 2 and keep 50 ponies?

only keep most of the childhood ones, cuz they remind me of my grandparents and the ones that don't aren't worth enough to sell. and only 2 of my new ponies aren't customs... so those have a lot of meaning for me now.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
I'd rather keep my current collection then have my childhood collection.  I didn't have that many, nor did I have anything rare or too special.  What I did have, I've mostly recovered. 

Besides that, I do have the best and favorite pieces of my childhood porcelain unicorn figures ( most of which are antique ), and so am okay with that. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal