collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Which would you keep? (the other would have to go)

Childhood ponies
More recently acquired ponies

Author Topic: If you had to choose between childhood ponies and more recently acquired ponies  (Read 1467 times)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
I didn't have any of my own but I use to play with my cousin's all the time (we'd visit and she was never there so my aunt would get her box down and let me play with them) and All I remember were boys. Lots and lots of boys.... of course I thought they were girls back then but eh.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
Childhood ponies 100%. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you :heart:

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
I've held onto my childhood ponies for 20+ years I would keep those 100% as much as I love my current collection my original ponies will always hold a special place in my heart :)

Offline loverofbalto

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Well since only 8 of my childhood ponies survived my childhood I would want to save my adult collection.  My freshman year of college was when my pony collecting really took off.  I blame G3's Star Catcher.  She was just so darn pretty.  At the end of each college year my parents would pick me up and be surprised at how many ponies I bought over the year.  I also had my box of favorites that came to college and were displayed on a shelf.  A lot of my herd have memories attached and I wouldn't want to miss out on that.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
I think I would simply keep my childhood ponies that I have lost because they were a part of my childhood. I really love my current ponies though its not the same.

Offline Lady Twilight

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Beddy Bye Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I might give up some of my adult collection to get back some of my childhood ponies (fortunately I still have all of my childhood ponies, so this is just a theoretical discussion :) ). But I wouldn't give up all my adult collection ponies to get back a few childhood ponies. Most of my adult collection I've had for 10-14 years, and I'm pretty sentimental about a lot of those ponies too.

As for picking between the two collections, it's really hard to say. I don't think I could give up my childhood ponies - but I have about 5 times as many ponies I've collected as an adult, and I'm really attached to most of them too. I can't imagine giving any of my ponies away!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:25:45 AM by Lady Twilight »
“All the pink in the world can’t disguise the irrefutable fact that CASTLES and CENTAURS and DRAGONS and MAGIC are all standard NERD TROPES – ergo, My Little Pony is NERDY – ergo, YOU, ERICA, are a NERD.” - Dustin, Stranger Things

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
I'd have to go with my adulthood collection as it's really the collection I dreamed about as a child.  I only have one original pony, and I would be loathe to part with her--and honestly I might part w/ all the others just to keep her--BUT, if I could leave her out of it, I would not give up the current herd to get the old herd back, as much as I loved them!

This is also my view!!
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal