collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 138215 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #930 on: June 01, 2012, 01:39:57 PM »
I don't understand why people are freaking out about it not being a G3 pony. G3 has pretty much been over for two years. It's not Hasbro turning their back on you, they're just moving on as they have for the past generations. G4 is still My Little Pony.
I
I'm not freaking out per se, in fact I think it would have been fine to have a G4 art pony. What bothers me is :muffin: Pony isn't exclusive  - in that she's a character in a show, the other ponies  stood alone which is why I liked them. Just like I don't care for G2  there are others who adore them, I'm not going to say they aren't MLPs, because they are. I have nothing against G4s, but I do have issues with a company who is being money grubby and ignoring people who've been fans for a long time just because FiM happens to be the latest fad.
Plus even though collectors have been around longer, they're a vast minority in comparison to the following FIM has garnered. We're talking tens of thousands of fans, hasbro isn't gonig to ignore that.

[citation needed]

Yeah, I've never seen any real proof for that. Some Brony sites get thousands of hits, but I'm sure A) a lot of those are kids B) a lot of those are non-Bronies/search engines and C) a lot of those are old-school collectors who like FiM too, but don't identify as Bronies only.
http://www.herdcensus.com/2012%20State%20of%20the%20Herd%20Report.pdf

This was a voluntary survey. 9015 people responded, which I would assert is not the entire fandom. It does not state if those fans collect multiple gens.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 01, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »
Well, all surveys are voluntary.

This report is interesting, but it apparently only surveyed bronies. To use it to compare the number of brony/FiM fans than any other group of MLP fan isn't really meaningful because who knows how many MLP fans overall there are?

Also, yes, Hasbro's going to do what makes them money, but alienating a portion of their consumers usually isn't a good idea in the long run. Personally, I doubt Hasbro has any idea "brony" doesn't encompass all MLP fans. How would they know that?

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #932 on: June 01, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
If anyone does talk to the representatives and asks about art ponies, can they please report back here? I'm nosy and curious to what they'd say.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 01, 2012, 03:59:03 PM »
It was nice of them to make :muffin: Pony/Ditzy/Bubblecup the comic con pony. But i agree with others, making her the fair pony and discontinuing the art ponies (no, i don't consider :muffin: Pony to be an art pony) is not something i appreciate. The fair should be something to celebrate all pony generations. :muffin: Pony is far too FIM/Brony based for that.

Also, i can't help but think Hasbro must know there is a bit of a difference. Whenever a non G4 pony gets posted on places like EQD or facebook, there will be bronies complaining about them. Yet on the other hand, Hasbro did give us a new fair logo that only featured G1 ponies. I can't help but feel they would make the whole logo related to FIM if they really thought we were all that much into FIM.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:07:16 PM by Malicieuse »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #934 on: June 01, 2012, 04:11:37 PM »
I know Hasbro said they're going to keep the collector ponies in the G3 mold, but Hasbro reps, ironically, are not exactly the best source of information and times change. Honestly, if they wanted to pay tribute to long-term collectors, the collector ponies would be in the G1 mold, not G3.

I don't understand why people are freaking out about it not being a G3 pony. G3 has pretty much been over for two years.

Are people freaking out?

I admit I haven't read every single comment so maybe I missed the freaking out post or the posts where some are taking our the torches to burn Ditsy and/or calling the uglies pony ever.

And yes, it is a personal preference to like G3's over G4. Just like it is a personal preference to post that the Fair ponies from the last two years are ugly and hideous.
Ummm I said that loosely, but saying that Hasbro's going to hear about this at the fair and talking about bum-rushing their headquarters and sicing the Diamond Dogs on them sounds a bit hostile to me. Lots of people wanted :muffin: Pony and Hasbro responded. It would be kinda crappy for them to get backlash for it.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #935 on: June 01, 2012, 05:12:52 PM »
I know Hasbro said they're going to keep the collector ponies in the G3 mold, but Hasbro reps, ironically, are not exactly the best source of information and times change. Honestly, if they wanted to pay tribute to long-term collectors, the collector ponies would be in the G1 mold, not G3.

I don't understand why people are freaking out about it not being a G3 pony. G3 has pretty much been over for two years.

Are people freaking out?

I admit I haven't read every single comment so maybe I missed the freaking out post or the posts where some are taking our the torches to burn Ditsy and/or calling the uglies pony ever.

And yes, it is a personal preference to like G3's over G4. Just like it is a personal preference to post that the Fair ponies from the last two years are ugly and hideous.
Ummm I said that loosely, but saying that Hasbro's going to hear about this at the fair and talking about bum-rushing their headquarters and sicing the Diamond Dogs on them sounds a bit hostile to me. Lots of people wanted :muffin: Pony and Hasbro responded. It would be kinda crappy for them to get backlash for it.

Optimus Prime was right: there IS a thin line between speaking loosely and rolling in glitter to glitterbomb bumrush Hasbro with Diamond Dogs.

At least with all the glitter and diamonds we'll get a lot of sparkle out of this situation cause everything is better with glitter.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #936 on: June 01, 2012, 05:23:31 PM »
Silly people. The talk of bum rushing and Diamond Dogs was spoken equally loosely.

Pitchforks, however, would be srs bsnss.

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 01, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »
I understand those of you who were expecting or would have preferred a G3 art pony being disappointed and that's fine to feel that way but I wish you wouldn't feel they are catering only to bronies and snubbing collectors by releasing this pony as the exclusive. There are lots of people who collect several gens who are happy about this and not all who only collect G4 are bronies. It just seems like some of you are trying to separate yourselves from G4 collectors and fans and as a G4 only collector it is a little sad to see on the arena which has always been so accepting. I'm not sure Hasbro really sees such a rift in the MLP fan community and are just going with what seems popular. Last time I checked there will still 2011 Fair ponies available for sale so they obviously weren't super popular. I can't blame them for changing it and G4 is the current line after all.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #938 on: June 01, 2012, 05:39:24 PM »
I'm personally a bit disappointed, because I'm a HUGE fan of the G3 clone-pose art ponies ... but I think Hasbro choosing :muffin: Pony is a good move, because so many people want her! I just hope they consider a general release, too, because there will be a lot more people longing for her!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 01, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »
Well, I see your point, but as has been said before, :muffin: Pony is essentially a fan-developed creation, specifically G4 fans. The art ponies and other special exclusives, while not my thing either, to me were not specific to any one group of fans. Yes, they were in the G3 mold because that's what was used, and upgrading to a current G4 mold would have been understandable, but personally, I never saw them as really part of the G3 line...they were their own unique thing that, in theory, you don't have to be a specific type of fan to even understand.

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #940 on: June 01, 2012, 05:50:52 PM »
Nobody's saying they shouldn't make Bubblecup or brony items ever, people would just like an art pony IN ADDITION to it because not just bronies deserve recognition.

I wish they'd make an Art Princess flying unicorn thing. That would look way cool.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #941 on: June 01, 2012, 06:01:57 PM »
Yes, they were in the G3 mold because that's what was used, and upgrading to a current G4 mold would have been understandable

GAH now you have me dreaming of G4 art ponies.... *drool* that would be epic.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #942 on: June 01, 2012, 06:04:03 PM »
Yes, they were in the G3 mold because that's what was used, and upgrading to a current G4 mold would have been understandable

Get our your paintbrush Kalavista...you gotta make 500 stat!

Silly people. The talk of bum rushing and Diamond Dogs was spoken equally loosely.

Pitchforks, however, would be srs bsnss.

You forgot torches, they are always with pitchforks ya know. I think they must be a married couple. I wonder what kinda babies torches and pitchforks make?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #943 on: June 01, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »

Get our your paintbrush Kalavista...you gotta make 500 stat!

LOL!! I'll get right on that ... XD

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 01, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
Personally, I doubt Hasbro has any idea "brony" doesn't encompass all MLP fans. How would they know that?
See I really agree, and I don't think they had any idea the collectors wouldn't be happy about this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal