collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 138851 times)

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #960 on: June 02, 2012, 03:19:02 AM »
But beyond that . . . having her as the MLP Fair pony diminishes the connection between MLP collectors and Hasbro, which we have worked hard to build up.  Before, Hasbro took the time to create something special and unique for the Fair.

Perfectly put. That's the thought I've been trying to express but you worded it perfectly.

Though people do seem to be forgetting that Hasbro HAVE done this to us before. Remember the year (2007?) when the fair was given a bunch of leftover Love Wishes as their 'exclusive pony' and the staff had to do something amazing to make them unique.

Granted it's not exactly the same but Hasbro have treated collectors unfairly a few times in the past.

That was pre-exclusive days though.  At that point it was nice to get anything, I think.  :P  Pony fair Australia can't even get Hasbro to acknowledge them.

I believe that the year before that was when the fair got Bay Breeze though.

But yeah, it's very sad that Hasbro completely ignore large groups as well :(

Bay Breeze wasn't going to be exclusive though, she was a 'buy it before anyone else' that they never released, some what like the Minty on Taobao.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: June 02, 2012, 04:01:49 AM »
Bay Breeze wasn't going to be exclusive though, she was a 'buy it before anyone else' that they never released, some what like the Minty on Taobao.

Aha, I did not know that :D Learn something new every day!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 02, 2012, 07:05:01 AM »
Sometimes less is more. Without dwelling too much into ":muffin: Pony", this a very plain pony, not much colour, very simple design and with crossed eyes. That isn't an opinion, just denotation explaining what I'm looking at.
My opinion though, she could have been a MO or something like a Hasbro club special you could get. I'd love to see a G4 in the same wild designs they have for the g3s, I adore them and the designer who did those did a great job on the designs. :)
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: June 02, 2012, 07:08:40 AM »
Oh I would love that to see some G4's with some fun gradients and cascading patterns like the G3's had... but at the same time the simplicity of the G4 ponies reminds me of G1 a bit so I'm happy either way!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #964 on: June 02, 2012, 07:16:45 AM »
Oh I would love that to see some G4's with some fun gradients and cascading patterns like the G3's had... but at the same time the simplicity of the G4 ponies reminds me of G1 a bit so I'm happy either way!
They should do a retro to modern pack restyling their old ponies to g4, that would be awesome. I'd love to see Ivy or princess star/silver swirl and various ponies modernized. :)
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: June 02, 2012, 07:24:19 AM »
They should do a retro to modern pack restyling their old ponies to g4, that would be awesome. I'd love to see Ivy or princess star/silver swirl and various ponies modernized. :)

I would love that too!  I think Glory, Moondancer, and Gusty would make an awesome unicorn 3 pack.  I always love the G4 customs I see of those :)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #966 on: June 02, 2012, 07:43:59 AM »
The stout, bobble-headed form factor of G4 toys really reminds me of customizable vinyl toys, like the "Munny" / "Dunny" line. I do not have any of the "art" ponies in my collection, but I think that there are a lot of really cute possibilities for an art pony with a G4 base!

Stroggos

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #967 on: June 02, 2012, 07:44:38 AM »
I wonder what distinctions there are between the final SDCC Ditzy and her prototype incarnation. I think there is a hair colour difference, possibly eye size aswell. I think it would be neat to get both.

Offline Catlein

• Pony of Law
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Canadian law student obsessed with MLP and MH :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: June 02, 2012, 08:54:17 AM »
Awww... and I was so hoping for Mare-Do-Well for the SDCC pony! Not to mention a new art pony for the fair! Though I guess it would have been hard to release Bubbles in any other way.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: June 02, 2012, 09:32:44 AM »
I am positive that Hasbro's reps will leave the MLPFair with the clear and vivid feedback that the majority of attendees wanted either a DIFFERENT character for the Collector's Art Pony this year, or a SEPARATE pony from SDCC.  :( 

Hopefully they will make us an exclusive Collector's Art Pony for the MLPFair like they said they continued to plan on doing.  If they sell the SDCC pony at the MLPFair each year, that will really diminish its popularity.  If there is one thing that pony collectors love, it's a variety of things to buy!  Take that away and you take away our desire to collect -- collect *what*, exactly?! 

I am glad that I'm not into this Fashion Styling size and therefore, not the least bit tempted to want :muffin: Pony - Uhhhh Bubblecup uhhhh whatever her name really is.  It looks so awkward - a bit bigger than G1 but not soft and cuddly at all.  Lots of hard edges though, especially if they aren't sanded down!  :(
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: June 02, 2012, 09:38:57 AM »
Mare-Do-Well would've been a great idea!!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #971 on: June 02, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »
I am positive that Hasbro's reps will leave the MLPFair with the clear and vivid feedback that the majority of attendees wanted either a DIFFERENT character for the Collector's Art Pony this year, or a SEPARATE pony from SDCC.  :( 

Yes, if you're going to the Fair, please politely inform Hasbro reps of your disappointment. <3

Mare-Do-Well would've been a great idea!!

But Namby Pamby was a great editor!

Wait, what?

Anyway, I would totally throw money at the Fair to support buying Ponies in bulk and customizing them just like the Love Wishes turned into Frisco and Trolley situation (and I still need those two, hint hint sellers!). Granted at this time frame I'm not sure if its feasible but I am willing to help if it is.

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline Alatariel

• Cookie Queen
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: June 02, 2012, 10:12:28 AM »
Personally, I doubt Hasbro has any idea "brony" doesn't encompass all MLP fans. How would they know that?
See I really agree, and I don't think they had any idea the collectors wouldn't be happy about this.

I disagree.  They designed a MLP Fair logo with only G1 ponies on it, which they certainly would know not to do with a brony convention.

I don't really mind the G3 to G4 mold switch--I would rather have G3 molds, but I can understand them wanting to promote their latest line.  And I have nothing against Ditzy Doo.   But she makes for a really . . . boring . . . collector pony.  Because that's what the MLP Fair is geared towards--toy collectors.  Maybe they collect G1, maybe G2, maybe G3 or G4, but it's mostly about the toys, with glorious dealer tables set up all over the place, plus customs to see or buy.  And I KNOW Hasbro knows this because they have gone all out in the past, giving us awesome and crazy exclusive ponies!   (And also because they, you know, have attended the Fair many times before. ;) )

Compare these ponies to Ditzy's basic, plain design.  She would be fine as a retail pony.  She is fine as the SDCC pony, because a lot of bronies a) are more into the TV show than toys and b) will be attending SDCC, so that all works out.  But she is boring choice for a Fair pony IMO.

And what makes it worse is that she isn't even an exclusive for the Fair--Hasbro just shrugged and said, "Yeah, nothing special for you!"   I'm sorry, but I think that is really sad.    Before this year, they always made separate SDCC and Fair ponies, even though the demand for SDCC ponies was obviously less than it will be this year.   

So now they are raking in more money than ever and outputting half as much product.

Well, yes, calling her boring is a matter of opinion.  So is calling her interesting.

":muffin: Pony" is very much a brony-based phenomenon.  I do not think the brony fanbase is at all incorrect when they feel that they were the ones who had such a huge effect that they rocketed her to fame and led Studio B to give her uneven eyes in episodes (other than the first episode, where her eyes were just a little in-joke by an animator.)

Not that more "traditional" fans, for lack of a better term, can't enjoy her;  I like her as a "Where's Waldo" type thing in the episodes.  But she is very much associated with bronies.

I don't dislike the pony on principal.  But I am testy that Hasbro gave the convention that mainly is geared towards their older fans (in terms of "years in the fandom", not "age") . . . something that was created by and is the unofficial "symbol" of newer fans.

And a toy that is not even unique to the MLP Fair?  As I said before, if they tried this with Botcon and SDCC, heads would roll.

As far as the design goes, she is just too plain for a MLP Fair pony IMO, as I said.  But beyond that . . . having her as the MLP Fair pony diminishes the connection between MLP collectors and Hasbro, which we have worked hard to build up.  Before, Hasbro took the time to create something special and unique for the Fair.   Some of their designs I've liked, some I didn't like, but you could always see the EFFORT they put into it, and I appreciated that.   With Ditzy . . . Hasbro didn't not even create her design.  Studio B did, as a random background pony.   So now we not only have an "exclusive" pony that is not really exclusive, but it's also one that Hasbro literally put no thought into designing, as it was designed by a different company.

LadyM, I'm just adding a big huge fat LIKE to everything you said. I'm sorely disappointed in this. :( I don't mind :muffin: Pony as the SDCC pony, but she's a giant disappointment as a Fair pony. I happily shelled out $40 for the previous Fair ponies, and $20 for the Comic Con pony, so that's $60 that Hasbro is losing right there. I suppose they don't care though, as there are thousands of drooling bronies to make up for it. :(

Thanks to Sirithfin and cannibalcow for my avvie and siggy!

Bag of Magic Food

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #973 on: June 02, 2012, 01:06:47 PM »
Awww... and I was so hoping for Mare-Do-Well for the SDCC pony! Not to mention a new art pony for the fair! Though I guess it would have been hard to release Bubbles in any other way.
It should have been :muffin: Pony as Mare-Do-Well.  You take the toy home, rip off the costume to see who it is, and... DUN-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: June 02, 2012, 01:31:29 PM »
It should have been :muffin: Pony as Mare-Do-Well.  You take the toy home, rip off the costume to see who it is, and... DUN-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is an adorable idea! Time to whip out my sewing machine..
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal