collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony  (Read 138833 times)

Offline DevlishSmooch

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion style Ditzy Doo/ :muffin: Pony
« Reply #915 on: May 31, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »
I'm another one who is disappointed that :muffin: Pony is the Fair and SDCC pony.  Don't get me wrong; I love :muffin: Pony and G4 (G1 Bubbles is my FAVORITE and :muffin: Pony is pretty close to her design), but I wish they had released her as a regular pony and continued with the more elaborated designs/artsy ponies for Fair/SDCC.  Even using a G4 base would not have bothered me.  She's just so... normal compared to all the others.   :sad:

I'm still getting her, though.  Already preordered her on Evilbay.  And I'm going to try to get a 2nd for my daughter at some point (anyone wanna pck up an extra? lol).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Customs   WANTED: Non-discolored MO Scribbles (an even, creamy white would do)/MOC Bubbles!     DS Ref Sheet

Offline okiegurl1981

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://okiegurl1981.deviantart.com/
« Reply #916 on: May 31, 2012, 11:20:21 PM »
I'll admit that I am extremely disappointed with :muffin: Pony as the Fair exclusive. I wouldn't mind Hasbro updating to the G4 mold but can't they be a little more creative? This just screams LAZY!

The Fair has always been aimed toward collectors. While I understand the FIM fans love :muffin: Pony from a collector's stand point she's blah. I want my exclusive's to be beautiful and artsy not dull and goofy. :(

I still plan on picking one up at the fair. My daughters love to spot :muffin: Pony while watching the show so I'm sure they'll have fun with her.

Have to agree with you, Pop. :(   I always look forward to not one, but two lovely artsy ponies every year.   I don't mind they've used her for the Comic Con pony, but I was hoping for another G3 art pony for the fair. Just a little disappointed.  I'll still pick her up tho. 
Facebook | Deviantart | Etsy

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 31, 2012, 11:49:56 PM »
I agree I am also really disappointed with the fact that she is not only a styling size, but not in the pretty g3 pose and colorful and bright! :(

Looks like I will be saving some major $$ from the two though!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline WickedWonderland

• Trade Count: (+215)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Okie Dokie Lokie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr - Pony Sales
« Reply #918 on: June 01, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »
I don't understand why people are freaking out about it not being a G3 pony. G3 has pretty much been over for two years. It's not Hasbro turning their back on you, they're just moving on as they have for the past generations. G4 is still My Little Pony.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have made a different/art pony for the fair (assuming there would be a lot of surplus :muffin: Ponies available on the Hasbro store, so everyone could have the opportunity to get one). I just don't understand the logic behind sticking with G3 except it being personal preference, which doesn't seem very fair.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:42:20 AM by WickedWonderland »

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 01, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »
I don't understand why people are freaking out about it not being a G3 pony. G3 has pretty much been over for two years. It's not Hasbro turning their back on you, they're just moving on as they have for the past generations. G4 is still My Little Pony.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have made a different/art pony for the fair (assuming there would be a lot of surplus :muffin: Ponies available on the Hasbro store, so everyone could have the opportunity to get one). I just don't understand the logic behind sticking with G3 except it being personal preference, which doesn't seem very fair.

Personally I'm not too bothered that they've changed the base of the pony. But in previous years we have been promised that the fair pony will always be a G3 art pony so it does seem very like Hasbro were listening to us while we were their largest fan base but have turned their back now that we're not (arguably...)

I actually really like :muffin: Pony :D Which is convenient since I'm going to end up with multiples now.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #920 on: June 01, 2012, 02:54:41 AM »

Personally I'm not too bothered that they've changed the base of the pony. But in previous years we have been promised that the fair pony will always be a G3 art pony so it does seem very like Hasbro were listening to us while we were their largest fan base but have turned their back now that we're not (arguably...)

I actually really like :muffin: Pony :D Which is convenient since I'm going to end up with multiples now.

I also would prefer hasbro didn't break their promise, but I wouldn't have cared if it was a g4.  Honestly I would have only been slightly disappointed if it had been an exclusive non-art g4 and had been say G4 Minty.  What feels to me like a massive middle finger at the old fans from hasrbo is that not only is the pony a Brony fan favourite, not a collector favourite, but she is fair AND comic con.  I am seriously angry at hasbro right now, and I have never been in the past.  They have really just dismissed an event that has been going for what 7 or 8 years now, because they have new fans.  Well screw you too hasbro.

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 01, 2012, 03:07:13 AM »
:muffin: Pony is the fair exclusive as well? As much as I love :muffin: Pony, that's lazy. Why not have another pony, like an art pony, or another pony from the show, like Dr. Whooves!

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 01, 2012, 04:01:44 AM »
Didn't Hasbro say at some point "collectors, don't worry, we will always have a collector exclusive for you"? Haha .... :( :( :( :(

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 01, 2012, 06:43:59 AM »
:muffin: Pony is not a 'collector exclusive' if you're not a fan of FiM and/or a Brony. I agree with all that have said that it's a huge middle finger to all the oldest pony fans that have been with the line since the start. In my opinion, I feel :muffin: Pony should've been a BronyCon exclusive or available for sale on hasbrotoyshop.com or even a regular store release. Many collectors look forward to seeing two beautiful new art ponies released every year for Comic Con and PonyCon and using the same design for both is just plain lazy. :(
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #924 on: June 01, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
I don't understand why people are freaking out about it not being a G3 pony. G3 has pretty much been over for two years.

Are people freaking out?

I admit I haven't read every single comment so maybe I missed the freaking out post or the posts where some are taking our the torches to burn Ditsy and/or calling the uglies pony ever.

And yes, it is a personal preference to like G3's over G4. Just like it is a personal preference to post that the Fair ponies from the last two years are ugly and hideous.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline lizstaley

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Queen of the Giant Robots!
    • View Profile
    • http://adrastuscomic.com
« Reply #925 on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:27 AM »
Still trying to decide if I want her enough to have someone pick her up for me or not... I do like :muffin: Pony a lot.

Pinecone

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #926 on: June 01, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »
I don't think people are freaking out, just disappointed. This company has been supported by collectors for years, and they're dropping the special treat they made for them in favour of catering to the bronies. I just hope collectors make it clear that they would purchase art ponies, and that next year Hasbro doesn't abandon their most faithful fans again.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 01, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »

I'm not freaking out per se, in fact I think it would have been fine to have a G4 art pony. What bothers me is :muffin: Pony isn't exclusive  - in that she's a character in a show, the other ponies  stood alone which is why I liked them. Just like I don't care for G2  there are others who adore them, I'm not going to say they aren't MLPs, because they are. I have nothing against G4s, but I do have issues with a company who is being money grubby and ignoring people who've been fans for a long time just because FiM happens to be the latest fad.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 01, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »
I
I'm not freaking out per se, in fact I think it would have been fine to have a G4 art pony. What bothers me is :muffin: Pony isn't exclusive  - in that she's a character in a show, the other ponies  stood alone which is why I liked them. Just like I don't care for G2  there are others who adore them, I'm not going to say they aren't MLPs, because they are. I have nothing against G4s, but I do have issues with a company who is being money grubby and ignoring people who've been fans for a long time just because FiM happens to be the latest fad.

But hasbro is just that. A company. A large, money grubbing company. That's the nature of any large corporation, they're capitalists, they want to maximize profit.  Plus even though collectors have been around longer, they're a vast minority in comparison to the following FIM has garnered. We're talking tens of thousands of fans, hasbro isn't gonig to ignore that. I do think they could have compromised and made her just the sdcc and given the fair a different pony but i'm pretty darned sure that Hasbro doesn't understand the difference between the new fans and old collectors, and very likely thought we would be happy with :muffin: Pony, which some of us are. Just think about all the times they've messed up gens before because it's all the same to them. I don't think they're in tune enough with our tastes to know that it would be an issue.

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 01, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
I
Plus even though collectors have been around longer, they're a vast minority in comparison to the following FIM has garnered. We're talking tens of thousands of fans, hasbro isn't gonig to ignore that.

[citation needed]

Yeah, I've never seen any real proof for that. Some Brony sites get thousands of hits, but I'm sure A) a lot of those are kids B) a lot of those are non-Bronies/search engines and C) a lot of those are old-school collectors who like FiM too, but don't identify as Bronies only.
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal