collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stolen! Rapunzel, Prototypes & MOC Ponies! "Updated"  (Read 4873 times)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Stolen! Rapunzel, Prototypes & MOC Ponies! "Updated"
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
Ughh I hate to get in on this but the arena should be full of love not hurtful opinions. I would be really offended myself if I started this thread and read some 'opinions' that just sound like 'personal attacks' it would make me want to consider leaving specially when writing at in the heat of the moment.

I am sure the information will come in time, at the moment she can only tell us what she knows

Sorry to hear about your rough time namineeveninglight.

Oh, you might be misunderstanding my post. I don't think I was being too hurtful, but perhaps I was. And unfortunately I think people are trying to be realistic, nothing can be 100% love (no matter how much we wish it was!). I totally agree some responses were harsh, and I understand that information will come as it's received but I'm just stating what would be helpful to know.

This is off topic however and I'm fairly certain the thread will get locked with that so that's all I say, I hope you can cheer up and get more information namineeveninglight.

Offline Dragonsummoner

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Of the people, for the people!
    • View Profile
    • Flickr pictures
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Sourdoughstomper and Blackestbird. Thank you!

Offline Claramel

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://padawanclaramel.deviantart.com/
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2013, 01:27:30 AM »
hmmm does sound fishy although......

I personally know two individuals (both Tuba players) who had their very expensive instruments stolen from their cars (one was last year, the other was recently). In both situations the theives tried to sell them at music shops. Big Mistake! Being such expensive instruments they had unique production numbers. The shops got suspicious so they called the police and the tubas were returned to their owners.

It would be nice if toys had unique identifiation!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2013, 02:32:29 AM »
Why all the skepticism? She's not asking you to give her the ponies that were stolen or asking members to send her their rupunzels! She just said keep an eye out. This thread is so full of negativity it makes me sad! A lot of the replies feel like personal attacks and I'm not even involved in the situation.

Yeah, so everything isn't going to be 100% love, I agree. But to full on accuse someone of something while they are down is really hurtful to read and see.

Op I hope he finds the ponies and gives them to you! :)
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2013, 03:37:51 AM »
Pics or it didn't happen.

Make sure you don't give ANY money at all to this guy. Just saying.

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 04:56:54 AM »
Please dont leave the forum because of something someone said.... while sometimes there may be offensive things said, unintentional or not, most people here are loving and we are all here because we love ponies!  :hug: Its terible this guy led you on telling you he had rare ponies for you, I will keep a lookout for Rapunzel and G1 prototypes on ebay if they were indeed stolen! Karma will catch up to people- whether someone lied or someone stole, what goes around comes around to them in the end!  Try to keep your mind of it in the meantime, here enjoy this cute fox! 
:fox:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:00:43 AM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 05:19:21 AM »
Please dont leave the forum because of something someone said.... while sometimes there may be offensive things said, unintentional or not, most people here are loving and we are all here because we love ponies!  :hug: Its terible this guy led you on telling you he had rare ponies for you, I will keep a lookout for Rapunzel and G1 prototypes on ebay if they were indeed stolen! Karma will catch up to people- whether someone lied or someone stole, what goes around comes around to them in the end!  Try to keep your mind of it in the meantime, here enjoy this cute fox! 
:fox:

^^

This.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:00 AM »
I'm confused as to what happened in this thread? People were just pointing out that the OP was maybe getting tricked? I don't see anyone accusing her of doing anything wrong but perhaps falling for it?

Plus, we just asked for more information so we can HELP! Like, where was this stolen, who was this guy etc. I really don't see a problem.

I am getting a bit tired of people who ignore 90% of well meaning posts only to focus on 2 or 3 that they didn't like, answer them and get all angry.

We tried to help, even the ones who might have sounded a bit rough but at the end of the day we really didn't get much information at all.

Opps, sorry, didn't see the update :blush:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:27:50 AM by Vintergatan »
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Yuitsu

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Gamer Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 07:40:57 AM »
Sorry but this guy was most likely lying to you - to get sympathy, money, to take advantage of you...who knows. Consider how much about yourself you have told him. You've not really told us where you know him from.

Truckers *may* own the cab they drive, but not the trailers 9 times out of 10. This means their personal space is tiny. You can barely stand up and barely stretch out. You can stash your clothes, some supplies, and that's about it.
They will go to the haulage yard in their personal vehicles, get their cab, get their trailer/drive to somewhere else and pick up a trailer/flatbed/whatever, drive elsewhere, drop it off, get another one, rinse and repeat. You can't just throw your own stuff in the back, theres paperwork and weight limits and all sorts of stuff going on.
There is just no space for personal items - the most personal items I've ever known truckers to have with them is family photos and maybe a dog to help ward off thieves/illegal immigrants.
Also - a lot of trailers now are alarmed. If a trailer is empty, and it's parked up, the back door is left open to show it's empty so it doesn't get damaged by someone breaking in.

Aside from that, if this were true, we are talking thousands of dollars worth of ponies here. The "got them from a x employee" is often trotted out to try and lend credibility when people can't produce pictures but claim to have stuff.

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 07:57:33 AM »
I'm going to be really nice about this, but the whole story stinks to high heaven.  Either your friend hit the lotto in toys and decided to sell them on
Ebay and lied to you about them being stolen, OR these toys never existed, and I'm willing to believe the latter.  The fact that he had SO many rare, never produced Ponies and Transformers and COULDN'T TELL YOU WHICH ONES THEY WERE, makes me very, very leery.

I'd like to know where your friend's truck was when it was broken into, what the number of the police report was (even if the police can't recover the items, there SHOULD be a copy of the report for him).

The story doesn't add up, even from what scant details you gave us.  The fact that you place this as priority over your husband leaving you worries me further.

Baby Loft pretty much took the words right out of my mouth. Anyway, it doesn't sound aggressive to me. She's not accusing you of anything, she's pointing out that your friend may be not telling you the truth.

Did he ever send you any pictures of these ponies that he bought for you from this lady? Finding rare, MOC, MO ponies that she "doesn't know the value of" seems fishy to me. Pretty much anyone could claim that they worked for Hasbro and there would be no way to know if they were telling you the truth. Anyway, it would be too easy that this lady didn't bother looking up the value of these toys before selling them or giving them away. It sounds too good to be true to me.

Unless your friend produces pictures of said ponies, or a real police report. (Shouldn't he have a copy?) Then I am going to say, sorry but I think he got your hopes up and wasn't being honest.  :huh:

It sounds like you have some personal stuff going on right now too. Probably making it worse to have this happen and to have your hopes up to get some really great ponies. Hopefully you will feel better about it soon and get it resolved.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 07:58:21 AM »
I'm so sorry you are going through this.  It stinks getting your hopes up about something and then got getting the stuff you've been so excited about.  Maybe this is legit and he just realized how much more money he could make selling to a private broker or collector.  Maybe it wasn't true.  I dunno.  But either way you didn't get your merch and it broke your heart. *cuddles* Don't worry pony luck comes and goes. You'll be back on top again soon.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 08:16:26 AM »
This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  True, it's not unheard of for former employees to just give all their rare prototypes away for next to nothing at a yard sale just because they don't want to deal with having it all anymore.  (This happened to someone who posted on a Care Bear forum a year or two ago.)  It's a one in a million shot, but possible.  However, I've never heard of anyone who has bought that entire lot of prototypes, had even the slightest inkling of what they were worth, and has offered to just give them away to a friend of theirs out of the sheer goodness of their heart.  My boyfriend and I do a lot of yard saling and if we come across anything that has even the remote possibility of rare or sought after, my boyfriend insists that we look up the value on eBay to see if it is worth reselling.  I mean,  with an MIP Rapunzel, MOCs, prototypes, we're talking thousands of dollars.  It's not in human nature to just hand stacks of cash out to random people, unless maybe you're Oprah opening an school in Africa.

I know it's frustrating if you really had your hopes up for these.  I've been scammed in the past, too, especially when I was young and more naive.  Basically, though, if it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2013, 08:24:53 AM »
I am getting a bit tired of people who ignore 90% of well meaning posts only to focus on 2 or 3 that they didn't like, answer them and get all angry.

::high five::  Amen, sister!

OP, calm down and take a deep breath.  No one is attacking you, they're pointing out that this story - while tragic if true - most likely is all fabricated.  This kind of story crops up every once in a while and all of them, every single one of them, has always always always always turned out to be someone trying to blow smoke up someone else's bum.  Much of the time the innocent person relating the story is being tricked, like many of us suspect you are.  No one is accusing you of lying, since YOU didn't claim these ponies were stolen, someone else did and related that to you.  That isn't your fault, just as it isn't the fault of anyone else for NOT believing the story you were told.  It isn't a case of not believing you, it's a case of not believing the plausibility of the story you were originally told and are now passing on to the rest of us.  You can't base your continuing participation in a community on a few differing opinions, especially when those opinions have been calmly and rationally stated. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2013, 08:55:17 AM »
*sigh*

Can we all agree that this thread is pretty much going no where then?

The OP has made her post, made her update - we have read, some of us have understood, some of us have made our opinions felt. For the sake of us all...and to preserve the rainbow, cupcake, fluffy goodness...we are locking this discussion right here.

Lets all move on...

Now where did I put those rose tinted glasses...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal