collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stolen! Rapunzel, Prototypes & MOC Ponies! "Updated"  (Read 4880 times)

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen! Rapunzel, Prototypes & MOC Ponies!
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 04:39:27 PM »
She says her friend is a truck driver. Truckers can live out of their trucks for 6 weeks at a time.

Sounds from her first couple of posts that he was just going to give them to her. No money has left hands, no trades made.

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 06:59:50 PM »
I feel the same way about the Amber room.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
I'm going to be really nice about this, but the whole story stinks to high heaven.  Either your friend hit the lotto in toys and decided to sell them on Ebay and lied to you about them being stolen, OR these toys never existed, and I'm willing to believe the latter.  The fact that he had SO many rare, never produced Ponies and Transformers and COULDN'T TELL YOU WHICH ONES THEY WERE, makes me very, very leery.

I'd like to know where your friend's truck was when it was broken into, what the number of the police report was (even if the police can't recover the items, there SHOULD be a copy of the report for him).

The story doesn't add up, even from what scant details you gave us.  The fact that you place this as priority over your husband leaving you worries me further.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 08:53:57 PM »
I'm sorry to here you are going through such a tough time right now. :( :hug:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen! Rapunzel, Prototypes & MOC Ponies! "Updated"
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »
:hug:  I'm sorry that you're going through such a rough time.  I'll keep an eye out.
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »
I'm going to be really nice about this, but the whole story stinks to high heaven.  Either your friend hit the lotto in toys and decided to sell them on Ebay and lied to you about them being stolen, OR these toys never existed, and I'm willing to believe the latter.  The fact that he had SO many rare, never produced Ponies and Transformers and COULDN'T TELL YOU WHICH ONES THEY WERE, makes me very, very leery.

I'd like to know where your friend's truck was when it was broken into, what the number of the police report was (even if the police can't recover the items, there SHOULD be a copy of the report for him).

The story doesn't add up, even from what scant details you gave us.  The fact that you place this as priority over your husband leaving you worries me further.

I believe this should be removed because it is aggressive and is not conducive to this conversation? This holds no water. And is accusing. "Ouch"
Any MODS around?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:14:45 PM by NamineEveningLight »
:accomplished:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
I'm agreeing with babylofty. You know that saying, "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't?" I'm really getting that feeling.

If he can't provide a police report on the break-in, I'd say you've been had.

Duster reference]

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »
I'm agreeing with babylofty. You know that saying, "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't?" I'm really getting that feeling.

If he can't provide a police report on the break-in, I'd say you've been had.

He did said he did made a police report. Not that it matters any longer that I update or convince other wise. 

And I'm am quite finished with this community as of now. The is the most hurtful and hate fulled responses I have gotten.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »

I believe this should be removed because it is aggressive and is not conducive to this conversation? This holds no water. And is accusing. "Ouch"
Any MODS around?

I'm an admin, will that do? This comment is an opinion, respectfully stated, and babylofty is entitled to it, whether or not you agree.

Edited: just saw your response about being done here posted as I was typing. If you like, I can lock this up and suspend your account. Let me know. It's not a problem.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »
This escalated quickly.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen! Rapunzel, Prototypes & MOC Ponies! \"Updated\"
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 09:25:04 PM »

Any MODS around?

I'm an admin, will that do? This comment is an opinion, respectfully stated, and babylofty is entitled to it, whether or not you agree.

Edited: just saw your response about being done here posted as I was typing. If you like, I can lock this up an suspend your account. Let me know.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. As I do not know the rules In and Out.

Post Merge: June 26, 2013, 09:25:58 PM

This escalated quickly.

Yeah I know it Lol!

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2013, 09:37:55 PM »
Oh dear.... I'm sorry you are upset NamineEveningLight. :( I don't think I can help much so I'm just going to give you some more hugs and say its a real shame if you leave arena. :(
Here are your hugs....  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2013, 09:41:41 PM »

This escalated quickly.

Yeah I know it Lol!

Err, I think it escalated quickly because you decided to leave the community based on this thread :blush:

I can understand their skepticism, if you look at it from an outsider's perspective maybe you can as well? Threads like this come up from time to time and I think they're usually false. Now I'm not claiming yours is but the lack of information is questionable. Besides that, as others have said we can't help you if you don't give any information at all.

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2013, 09:53:51 PM »
Sometimes things do seem to good to be true, but if it's happening to you at that time, you really want to believe in it because it is that good. I'm sorry this has happened to you and maybe perhaps this guy friend was just trying to impress you and go along with what he knows you like (MLPs) and made up this story but then needed a cop out since he couldn't actually deliver anything to you.

Maybe ask him nicely what area he was in when this happened. Then you could contact the police in that area to find out if he's actually made a police report. This might help you know if he was ever telling you the truth.   :hug:

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2013, 09:55:38 PM »

This escalated quickly.

Yeah I know it Lol!

Err, I think it escalated quickly because you decided to leave the community based on this thread :blush:

I can understand their skepticism, if you look at it from an outsider's perspective maybe you can as well? Threads like this come up from time to time and I think they're usually false. Now I'm not claiming yours is but the lack of information is questionable. Besides that, as others have said we can't help you if you don't give any information at all.

Ughh I hate to get in on this but the arena should be full of love not hurtful opinions. I would be really offended myself if I started this thread and read some 'opinions' that just sound like 'personal attacks' it would make me want to consider leaving specially when writing at in the heat of the moment.

I am sure the information will come in time, at the moment she can only tell us what she knows

Sorry to hear about your rough time namineeveninglight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal