collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93737 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #885 on: August 29, 2023, 07:35:54 PM »
I think it's German actually. I had a doppelganger when I lived in South Carolina. Her name was Shelly and people would come up to me all the time thinking I was her. Never got to meet her though.

Thank you :hug: It did go away but tonight it's back. I think it is allergies. My sinuses hurt a lot. I only have Benadryl and it knocks me out and makes me groggy, so I don't want to take it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #886 on: August 31, 2023, 08:01:41 AM »
Dog poop. On the asfalt. Outside my apartment. Close to the bike shed. Where kids run around and play every day.

The problem we have with charities is when you for once have money to share with an organization they call and harass you afterwards for more money, usually asking for monthly donations which leads me to not donate to that organisation again. List includes wateraid and doctors without borders. Vital and important organisations I would've loved to support, but they lost me when they called every day for weeks after I swished one time.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #887 on: August 31, 2023, 12:04:36 PM »
I woke up from a nap to ants in my bed! :mad: They were crawling across the wall from the door frame right where my mattress hits the wall. They were all over my pillow! I think one might have gone up my nose! What a nightmare!

I sprayed the wall down after I moved my bed so now I have a headache. I'm not bothering with the bait in my bedroom, I don't want them in there! And there isn't even any food in there! WHY ARE THEY IN THERE?!!!!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 31, 2023, 01:30:13 PM »
^Oh no!  Maybe they're there because they got flooded out?  I've found Borax bait works really well for ants as they carry it back to their nest and it gets them all.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #889 on: August 31, 2023, 03:42:13 PM »
i spent half the work day debugging something and didn't get anywhere. it's so frustrating when Google is unhelpful. their results kind of stink now.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #890 on: August 31, 2023, 04:09:39 PM »
^Oh no!  Maybe they're there because they got flooded out?  I've found Borax bait works really well for ants as they carry it back to their nest and it gets them all.

They do tend to appear more after it rains. I started using Combat bait gel and haven't seen them in a while. I don't really want to use it in the bedroom. It takes a few days for them to take it all back to the nest and I just... would rather not have them swarming somewhere in my bedroom, you know.

I keep thinking I'm so glad it's the little tiny ants and not bigger ones or my worst nightmare, RIFA, which could kill me. But they are annoying and they do bite. They're so small it barely registers, kind of a light itch.

I should go around and reapply the gel in the kitchen and closets because we got so much rain.

Ever since this happened though I've felt like they are crawling all over me. I feel little itches or like something is moving my arm hair or whatever and freak out. I only found one on me though. I got the heebie jeebies!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 31, 2023, 05:26:06 PM »
CW: violence, guns

Spoiler
not trivial but there was a probable mass shooting close to the shopping center where I go to get dog treats. there aren't a lot of details in the news yet but they're saying 2 people were killed. it's unclear if the shooter is included in that number.

i was just there on Saturday. what's really unsettling to me is this happens so much in the US now that i'm kind of numb to it. even when it happens somewhere i go a lot. it makes me so angry that the leadership in this state refuses to do anything about the guns. all they do is make it easier to carry guns everywhere.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 31, 2023, 06:35:02 PM »
That’s awful Beth, I’m so sorry that happened so close to you! :( These mass shootings are even scarier when they hit that close to home. It surreal to think going for an everyday shopping trip could turn violent in the blink of an eye.

I’m itching here with you over bugs in the house BC! I was swapping out my normal decor for Halloween decorations today (too early? I don’t think so lol!) and as I was moving everything around I was keeping an eye out for roaches since they do tend to get in the house this time of year and I was moving around a lot. I thought I managed to get everything swapped out bug free and as I was turning off all my lights to leave the house I saw a HUGE dead roach over by my dining room table. Arrggghh I swear they keep showing up in new areas! Luckily I don’t see them TOO often but I’ve seen more than I’m comfortable with over the past couple months. I have no clue where they might be getting in. At least they’re always dead, but still, gross! I might ask my dad to come over and clear that one. It’s in an awkward spot to top things off and I don’t wanna get that close to it.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: August 31, 2023, 09:35:54 PM »
I think my laptop is trying to poop out.  That means I have to start shopping for a new one.  Ugh.  But I've had it since 2011 and it can't even be updated enough to support Windows 11 so...yeah.  It's time.  :dumbpc:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #894 on: September 01, 2023, 12:07:00 AM »
It is Friday which means I can rent another book from the E-library to my reader. But none of the books I wanted to read is available! Luckily I have this huge want to read list, so I got another book, but I was more in the mood of crime.

You know what, I hate ants.. like.. fobic. Your stories makes my entire body shivers BC. Waking up with ANTS!? NO WAY! and in the NOSE?! I'm out! I feel the horror! I accidently sat right to a nest of black ants earlier this summer and they began running on me and my purse, I was freaking out when I found one inside my bra! I went right into the river to drown them. My husband took a picture of me in there, looking so happy and relieved, lol. Just, no. Can you get help from the landlord?

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #895 on: September 01, 2023, 03:21:13 AM »
I have a bug in my computer!
I mean for real!
Its a tiny little bug/beetle/fly -thing that is wandering around on my computer screen underneath the glass so I can see it but I can't remove it.
How did it get in there?  :blink:

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #896 on: September 01, 2023, 05:13:27 AM »
Beth, I'm sorry that happened :( Florida is as bad as Texas about guns.

Beldarna, yeah, I have a phobia of the red fire ants here. I'm allergic to their stings and get these huge welts. They could easily cause me to go into anaphylactic shock. Fortunately, they haven't taken over Florida like they have other states. We still have lots of varieties of other ants. As far as the property manager goes, I don't know. They make a big deal about having an infestation is your fault if you spray. Since I've sprayed, I'm afraid to tell them.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 01, 2023, 03:09:02 PM »
This is going to be long.  Sorry in advance.

Last night my family went out to eat.  We've gotten good service at the restaurant before, but this was the first time we went in the evening.  My dad was annoyed by the music (he's sensitive to loud music). The music was a bit loud.  I ended up with a headache for the rest of the night. The waiter only came to the table a couple of times after we ordered our food. My dad drinks very fast and often drains his drink before the food comes.  That's fine, but the waiter only refilled my parents' drinks after my dad got up to try and find the refill station (He got tired of waiting.) Mine was never refilled the whole time.  We saw the wait staff just hanging out and talking not paying attention to their tables. It was hard to hear the waiter over the music.

Work has a new management system.  When I went in to talk to the supervisor, she asked if I wanted to sign up for text message alerts.  I said no and she said that I would still get emails instead of texts.  I already feel like I'm at a disadvantage with the new system and I think I'm going to have to sign up for texts anyway.  I don't mind texts, but I didn't want a whole bunch saying "Do you want this? Yes or No."  There's also an app, but the reviews in the App store aren't good. Also, the new system doesn't send out emails when something is posted, only texts.

I wanted to change my phone's lock screen. I picked the photo, but when I tried to change it, it also changed home screen.  With the picture I have now, I have a different picture on my lock screen.  I couldn't figure out a way to change the lock screen picture without changing the home screen. That wouldn't have been a big issue, but the picture on the home screen was blurry or too bright. I ended up deleting it and just going back to what I already had.

The problem we have with charities is when you for once have money to share with an organization they call and harass you afterwards for more money, usually asking for monthly donations which leads me to not donate to that organisation again. List includes wateraid and doctors without borders. Vital and important organisations I would've loved to support, but they lost me when they called every day for weeks after I swished one time.

I've had that problem too.  I donated a few times and then I kept getting calls asking for more.  If I have it to spare, that's one thing, but it should be my decision to make and not be forced on me by the charity.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 06:45:08 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 02, 2023, 04:57:25 AM »
BC, i feel like our state leaders are in some competition to see who can be the worst. i don't understand why anyone votes for them.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #899 on: September 02, 2023, 05:01:49 AM »
I don't understand it either. I just saw a video that Texas is adopting a school program from Florida about how slavery isn't all that bad.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal