collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 109780 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #900 on: September 02, 2023, 07:07:50 AM »
yeah those videos are horrific. i saw the one with Frederick Douglass basically saying the founding fathers really wanted to free the slaves but didn't want to harm the country and my head felt like to explode from anger.

destroying public education has been a long time right wing goal. especially after desegregation. there's also conspiratorial nonsense about kids being indoctrinated into "secular humanism." i went to private Catholic school and I remember some parents were so scared of having to explain uncomfortable topics to their kids. isn't that part of being a parent? IDK. i also think some of it is parents who can't get over the idea that their kids are not extensions of themselves and may grow up to have different views on the world.

also, i can't help but notice this is happening at the same time child labor laws are being relaxed. these people don't care about kids. if they did, they would have done something after Sandy Hook.

in Houston the state took over the largest school district and converted some libraries to discipline centers. this school district's students are majority POC so yeah. there's that.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #901 on: September 02, 2023, 05:51:56 PM »
Yes. They want to keep people stupid because they are easier to manipulate.

They don't care about kids, or women, or POC or LGBTQ+ or immigrants and foreigners. They are the White, Cishet, Cristian Male Club and they only care about each other (but would stab each other in the back at the first chance!).

Enough about that though.

--

I can only sleep for a half hour before I wake up and then I can't go back to sleep. It's not fair. I get my bed nice and I can't enjoy it. Because of the insomnia my nights and days are mixed up again. I'm more awake and alert at night. In the morning when I'd usually wake up is when I want to sleep. Then I stay dead tired until the late afternoon.

Also I have a headache. I've been getting them regularly at around this time. I think it's lack of sleep.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #902 on: September 02, 2023, 11:29:31 PM »
I don't understand it either. I just saw a video that Texas is adopting a school program from Florida about how slavery isn't all that bad.

:dropjaw:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #903 on: September 03, 2023, 01:09:09 AM »
Oh yeah. There's a cartoon guy, not sure who he's supposed to be, talking about how every culture has owned slaves, and how can something be so bad if it's so widespread? Also that it's better to be a slave than to be killed.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: September 03, 2023, 05:30:07 AM »
it's supposed to be Frederick Douglass. he was an escaped slave and abolitionist. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/animated-frederick-douglass-calls-slavery-compromise-prageru-video-rcna99246

the article i linked to includes a comment from the CEO of the company who makes this propaganda. and she says history lessons can be offensive. which I understand. but she seems to lack understanding or refuse to admit that people aren't offended by the mention of slavery. they're angry because the videos are full of lies!
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #905 on: September 03, 2023, 11:46:02 AM »
Oh okay, thanks for the info.

Really disgusting stuff.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: September 03, 2023, 04:12:03 PM »
I think the air conditioning is out.  :(  It's 78 degrees inside the house and 97 degrees outside.

I tried to diamond paint today, but it made my stomach hurt really bad because of the medical procedure I had. :(  I didn't even really get to enjoy it. 

My dad was apparently looking at my Facebook friends lists last night and questioned me about one of the people on there.  I told him it's someone I know from work.  It really annoyed me though that he did that. 

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 04:21:00 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #907 on: September 03, 2023, 04:52:45 PM »
I think I figured out why I've been so tired. I forgot to refill my thyroid medicine. I've been out of it for weeks. I take so many pills everyday, I didn't notice it wasn't there. I called in a refill.

I put all my pills in a day and night weekly organizer so I don't have to open all the bottles. I don't remember when the last time was that I had the thyroid pill. The empty bottle has been sitting on my nightstand all this time. Today I grabbed it to see what it was and realized I haven't had any.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: September 03, 2023, 05:55:57 PM »
BC, hope you get your thyroid meds soon! :heart:

:blush: I should have had blood tests already in the summer, so I could find out if I still need a bigger dose of thyroid medicine or if the dose prescribed from the beginning of the year is correct. I am really tired every day and I sleep a lot, so I think that my medication is still not enough. I have to go for blood tests this autumn and I could finally make an appointment with the doctor to remove the large mole on my head as well. It hurts (like being pricked by a needle) when I touch it and it has enlarged. :huh: Fortunately, my hair still covers it well.

--
I think I'm going to be sick because the joints in my fingers have hurt and my throat is now tingling. :pout:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #909 on: September 03, 2023, 06:57:15 PM »
I have such a bad headache :(

HoM, you should have your bloodwork done. The thyroid being off does so much damage to your body. I started having skin issues along with the extreme tiredness. I know it's responsible for a lot of other things as well.

Sorry you're getting sick again. You just got over your cough. I hope it's mild this time :hug:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: September 04, 2023, 01:00:00 AM »
I feel like I’m getting burnt out at work. I work in the complaints department and I’m kind of the end of the line when it comes to customer support. I don’t really have a lot of authority beyond filing complaints, so naturally I don’t have many of my interactions end on a good note. I know not to take it personally since people are mad with the situation and not with me, but there are only so many times in a week I can be called “useless” or “incompetent” before it does start to sting a little. :( I should probably save my PTO up more but I keep taking random days off here and there just to have a break from it. I also then feel bad on my days off like I should just suck it up and get the pay or I’ll worry that it looks bad that I keep taking time off.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: September 04, 2023, 05:35:55 AM »
The air conditioning it out.  :(  It's cooler outside right now than it is inside the house.  My dad won't pay for a motel room either unless it becomes unbearable.  My mom says she can get it fixed today. but I highly doubt it.  I told her Sat that something was wrong with it, but yesterday she thought it was fine, so she didn't call anyone to come and fix it.

We're supposed to have highs near 100 or over everyday this week.

Ponyfan

Offline Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: September 04, 2023, 01:18:46 PM »
Hoping your AC gets fixed today, Ponyfan.

Minty_Magic, don't feel guilty about taking time off work. if your employer and the customers won't help make your work day easier, you have to look out for your own mental health.

my complaint today is that i finally but fairy lights up on my last pony shelf and i missed one of the sides of a shelf. and it's in a spot where i have to redo the whole thing to fix it. i'm going to change out the white lights for purple lights in a few weeks so i'm going to live with it until then. but it's annoying.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: September 04, 2023, 07:15:54 PM »
It's 80 degrees inside the house right now. :(  The AC/Plumbing company was closed today for the holiday.  I guess they didn't even have any emergency techs on call, because no one called back.  I really hope this doesn't turn in to 9 days of no air conditioning in 100 degree heat.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2023, 11:03:36 PM »
I saw my mom today and while walking to her room I nearly collapsed because of my legs. Well, I just woke up in extreme pain. My left hip hurts so bad. I can barely put pressure on my leg. I managed to get out of bed at sit at my computer but it took a while to get out here I had to go really slow. I could really use a cane. I should have taken my dads cane. It's in storage.

I took some pain pills and put a pain relief cream on my side. I'm hoping it dulls enough for me to go back to sleep. It's so sore! It's itchy too.

Oh yeah, and my neighbor has been throwing a fit all day and night. Bumping and banging sounds, her screaming at her daughter, that screechy sound when you drag a chair across the floor. All. Day. It's 2am and she's still at it.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal