collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103062 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #855 on: August 21, 2023, 12:48:33 AM »
Beldarna, that is so upsetting! Does everyone else have to prove they're straight?
Oh, I wish. But no. We have a powerful organisation here that looks out for hbtq+ (lbtq+ in english?) people and they did a survey and went to the news about the result. Apparently, many gay people are denied asylum as they can't prove they're gay. Often, they don't seem ''passionate'' enough about being gay (don't ask). They had one example of a man who was gonna be sent back to Uganda where he faced prison for being gay. He was vey low key in the TV interview. He had to hide being homosexual for so long, of course he had a problem expressing it openly to a stranger in an interview room in a country where he did not speak the language! In an interview with the vp of the migration office where she commented on the survey she said they had to look into the fact that people might not be overly obvious about being gay but still be homosexual. Common sense is apparently out the roof! I can go on for hours about how sick this is!

Harmonie, I hate longlasting headaches as well.. hope your'e feeling better.

I'm sorry you're feeling weak BC, hopefully it gets better :hug:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #856 on: August 21, 2023, 09:27:43 AM »
That all seems pretty obvious to me. Especially if a person is coming from a country that will jail or even kill you for being gay. They're not going to be flamboyant and wearing make-up and high heels, or whatever they presume is "acting gay". I had a gay friend in Turkey. When the war was going on several years ago, the last I heard was the enemy broke into his house. He never came back online after that. I think about him sometimes and wonder what happened. It's so sad how many countries there are where being gay is a crime.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 21, 2023, 09:46:08 AM »
I'm so frustrated right now. :(

I tried to help my mom with something online this morning.  Even though I followed the instructions, when I got in, there was no place to click on the thing that she needed.  I suggested that we go in person to the place. 

My dad thinks Google Maps  knows the best way to get somewhere.  That being said, he doesn't follow the directions and then gests annoyed when Google Maps takes him in a roundabout way to get there.  He decided to follow Google Maps even though I told him he'd already been to the place and knew where it was.  Google Maps took us the long way to get there when if he would have just listened to my mom/correctly followed the Maps we would have gotten there a lot quicker.  Then after we got there, we found out we didn't have all of the stuff my mom needed.  So that meant another trip home to grab stuff and another trip to the place.

He also went over several bumps and made a few fast stops and starts. :(  Due to recovering from my medical procedure, going fast over bumps and fast stops and starts make me hurt.   My mom has told him to go over bumps slowly and to not do the fast stop and starts, but he forgets and does it anyway.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 21, 2023, 12:45:31 PM »
I'm getting very dissatisfied with my job.  The work is fine but the management is awful and most of us want to quit.  I have enough set aside that if it gets too bad I can walk away without another job in place but I really hope it doesn't come to that. 

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #859 on: August 21, 2023, 02:15:11 PM »
Mailman didn't pick up my packages again! He stands RIGHT in front of the building. Try walking around the building! I'm right therrrrrrrrrrrrre!

edit, later: omg I'm so sick :( Major painful cramping in my lower abdomen, upper GI making weird noises, nauseous, dizzy. Nothing is happening in the bathroom though :huh: It hurts so bad! I think maybe I overdosed on electrolyte water. I've been so thirsty lately, I drank four 16oz bottles today. I'm drinking nothing but regular water the rest of the night. Ugh. :dizzy:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 08:03:42 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #860 on: August 22, 2023, 02:48:49 AM »
I'm getting very dissatisfied with my job.  The work is fine but the management is awful and most of us want to quit.  I have enough set aside that if it gets too bad I can walk away without another job in place but I really hope it doesn't come to that. 

Isn't the quote something like ''you don't leave a bad job, you leave a bad management''? I'll keep my fingers crossed you find a solution.

Oh, no BC! I'm so sorry. I hope it gets better!

It's raining. My last week of vacation is apparently gonna rain away. I wish I could take a last minute trip somewhere warm and sunny. I have the funds, but not the passport as it has expired. An acquintance is in Mallorca and is flooding her instagram with pics of the family at a sunny beach bathing.. So jealous!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #861 on: August 22, 2023, 11:24:00 AM »
It did :) I feel much better now.

This isn't really a complaint, it's more of a dumb thing I've done - I totally forgot my mom's birthday!! :whoa:

It's Thursday. I have nothing to give her... I've been working on a couple of projects for her but nothing is finished and I don't think I can get any done in time. I have to visit her. That's the least I can do even if my back is still messed up.

I can't believe I forgot. It'll be her first birthday in the care facility.

edit: I made a card and bought some frosted brownies. Also got party hats!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 08:01:27 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #862 on: August 23, 2023, 12:55:45 AM »
@Ponyfan, Pokeyonekenobie, I'm sorry things are frustrating!
@BC I'm glad you're feeling better.

So the latest in the bus saga is that...

Everyone is angry and nobody knows what is going on.
The Council have their own regulations which state bus users should be notified at least 2 weeks in advance of any route change...but we are still waiting for that official notification. I spoke to the garage manager of the company who operates the routes for our Council and he told me that until the Council release it, he can't. I have a decent rapport with him, he's the best garage manager we've had in the last 15 years. Pity his Council equivalent retired and now we're left with this nonsense.

A lot of the people who rely on these buses are older and don't have access to the internet. There are some who are still struggling to find out when and where buses introduced in February go to, because they were only publicised online. From the 4th these people will only have one of those new buses :/

What we're hearing is unnofficial because of this lack of confirmation, but unlike in previous bus discussions, the Council can neither claim this was based on customer feedback, nor on tight funds. It's going to be a hard press release for them to make, though, given that they previously stated how they wanted to increase routes and be seen as an 'ally to residents' in improving bus provision.

As usual, where I live is not included in any of these things.

I am still not sure how I am getting to work, or if I can, after these new buses come in.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: August 23, 2023, 01:02:22 AM »
Ponyfan, I feel you on the frustration with your dad not following Google Maps! My dad does the exact same thing and it drives me nuts! He is ALWAYS questioning the route it provides and ends up going a different way. Like if you think you know better why even turn the app on?! Admittedly I have been in the car with him where it sometimes gives him some wild directions. Mine never does that. I kinda think the app does start to mess with you if you disobey it enough. :lol:

I just found out the call center I work for will no longer be 24 hours and they’re moving my shift back 1 hour to account for the new closing time. They have made it so I’ll no longer be eligible for my 10% shift differential for working late. :( I’ve been fighting tooth and nail for the last couple years to stay on the night shift and finally got back on after I was displaced a few months ago. I guess that was a losing battle since it just won’t exist anymore.

Sometimes I think working for them is like staying on a sinking ship. It seems like every year they trim back on staff little by little. So far they’ve always managed to place everyone somewhere else when we do get displaced (even if it’s a place we don’t really want to be), but I wonder if at some point there just won’t be positions for us to be displaced to. I was looking at jobs in my area tonight and there is really nothing else that I’m qualified for that pays my current salary. I hope I can at least hang on there until I finish school.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #864 on: August 23, 2023, 07:49:08 AM »
Ponyfan, Taffeta and MM, I'm sorry you're having a hard time :( :hug:

Ponyfan, my dad would do the same thing with the GPS. He's be like, why'd she say go that way, and then go a different way, then get lost and blame the GPS. He also, at the end of his driving, would do fast stops and starts and take turns harshly. I actually started to get car sick with him driving. He also couldn't see out of one eye, so. I stopped going with him. Not long after he had his stroke and stopped driving truck and the car.

Taffeta, I thought dumb public transit stuff was only in the US. I hope things work out for you.

Same to you, MM.

My complaint is I'm so tired. I was doing okay the last couple of days, but today I'm exhausted. I have huge dark circles under my eyes. I see my therapist at 2 but that's all I'm doing today. I should go lie down.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 23, 2023, 12:25:00 PM »
There's stuff in other posts that I want to talk about also, but I really need to vent right now.

Neither of my parents noticed that my dog ran in to the garage earlier right before we were about to leave to go somewhere.  I saw my dog underneath the car and was able to grab her by the collar, pick her up and put her back inside the house.  I know neither one of my parents would intentionally hurt my dog, but I've asked both of them to make sure that the door from the laundry room to the garage is closed when they go in or out or that the dog doesn't go out if the door is open. I don't want to think how close we might have come to losing my dog because my parents (most likely my dad as he's the one that usually leaves the door open) were careless.

I asked my mom if she had the bills that needed to be mailed today ready.  She told me yesterday that she was going to work on them.  I told her it was okay if she didn't have them ready yet.  She went in the home office and got the bills ready. When I tried to talk to her about it, she said I was acting like I wanted her to get the bills done.  All I did was ask if hers were ready too.  I told her that I didn't tell her she had to get them ready. 

Ponyfan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #866 on: August 23, 2023, 01:42:42 PM »
THanks people.

@BC, 23 years ago they took away our 20 min bus to reroute a 'new' route which is now the most regular route across the borough (runs every 12 mins). I still remember it because it made my 2nd year of 6th form college hell.

But there is a little better news. I had some more details of route/timetable and it seems like at least our area still has reasonable transport options come the new route. The Council are blaming lack of funds. Maybe funding 6 new routes before the local elections wasn't a good idea. But still. I think it could be worse. I can still get to/from work at least.

What infuriates me the most is that the Council are claiming the bus company are responsible for the lost routes, and that they have 'saved us' by funding this new route. The reality is that they withdrew the funding for all of the withdrawn routes, and will be saving money by paying for only 2 vehicles instead of 6. Yet they are trying to make out they are local bus heroes. They aren't.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 09:38:57 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #867 on: August 23, 2023, 04:08:31 PM »
Once again, my therapist did an awful lot of talking about herself. I asked one simple question - Do you like nectarines? - and she went on for 5 minutes about how much she loves fruit but doesn't eat enough veggies. She also has an annoying habit of looking for stuff on her phone while we're talking. Once she wanted to show me a pic of her husband, I think, and she couldn't find it in the phone and she spent way too much time looking. I feel she cuts my session too short as well. She was late by 4 minutes getting in the meeting, which is fine, sometimes other patients go over. But she ended my session at 2:51 instead of closer to 3. I lost 13 minutes total.

It's very frustrating. I only see her every 2 weeks if I'm lucky. This time 3 weeks had gone by. There was more I wanted to say and talk about.

Ponyfan, the same thing would happen with my cats and usually my sister! She would leave both doors open. I don't know how many times Mouse got into the garage or outside because of it. It always really upset me but my sister didn't care. I had horrible thoughts of what if she goes into the garage and gets bitten by a black widow or a snake, what if she eats something she shouldn't, what if she picks up a flea or tick. I didn't understand how closing a door could be so difficult and time consuming :mad:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:11:57 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 24, 2023, 04:06:48 PM »
I haven't felt well the last few days.  I told my mom about it and she said it was probably the weather.  I went ahead and got my monthly shot, because you have to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.  There's always a few things to sign.  The waiting area was dark, and I think I misread something on the paperwork.  I called back this afternoon (my appointment was in the morning) and talked to the lady that checks everyone in and asked her if she double checked the paperwork as I might have made a mistake. She said she double checked it and everything should be okay. 

I tried talking to my mom about it and she got annoyed at me again(after suggesting that I call and ask if they had double checked the paperwork)   She said I was deliberately making her mad and not waiting her to read her book. :( She also said if she got sick tonight it would be my fault.  I can't make her understand that this kind of stuff eats me up inside and if I don't talk to someone or find an outlet for it, it becomes a constant worry and I can't seem to make my mind calm down.  Now I'm the one that's feeling sick.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 04:24:07 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #869 on: August 24, 2023, 06:43:39 PM »
Classic anxiety :hug: I know I've said this before, but I think you'd really benefit from a therapist and some medication. You're a grown up, you should be able to do what's best for yourself. I know that's easy to say, but, well. I just wish things could be better for you :hug:

---

Ants? I bought Combat gel for ants. I know the one for roaches work very well, so I'm trying it out. They have a trail by the ceiling going all the way around the living room and down the hallway. They been there for two days. This stuff is supposed to attract them and kill slowly so they can take it to the nest and feed the queen with it. I'm hoping in another couple of days they'll disappear. Says it works in 5 days, but one of the reviewers said his took 8 to get rid of them.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal