collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 108895 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #825 on: August 07, 2023, 07:18:37 PM »
Last week I tried to call my work supervisor to let her know about my medical situation and the restrictions that come with it.  When I called her number directly, I got a message that I was being transferred to the main operator.  When I asked to speak to the supervisor, I was told that there was a problem with her phone line, but they would send an email asking her to call me.  She never called me back.  I sent an email today and haven't got a response to that either.  It shouldn't be that hard to get a hold of someone.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #826 on: August 08, 2023, 04:26:58 AM »
I shouldn't listen to YouTubers. There was a rumor that Rockstar was going to remaster Red Dead Redemption 1 but that's not true. They are just rereleasing it for PS4, with less features... for more money. So, yeah. Everyone is upset.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #827 on: August 08, 2023, 06:59:37 PM »
i've had headaches for days. maybe i need to decrease the resolution on the computer again. i increased it after i got glasses.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #828 on: August 10, 2023, 05:38:15 AM »
There's this dude who does Let's Play videos on YouTube. He's been playing a game I've been playing for a while now, I've got about 400 hours in it. I've been leaving comments giving him tips and stuff. On the last video, he hid my comment :huh: He always replied before and never said I was being annoying or he didn't want the tips. He uploaded a new video yesterday and as usual, there were some things he was doing that weren't ideal and he could have used a tip or two, but I didn't comment on it.

I feel a little weird about it now. He's just a stranger on YouTube but I thought I was helping :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 10, 2023, 07:21:01 PM »
I'm sorry that happened to you, BC. :hug:

This is going to sound whiny, but I need to vent and this is the only place I can.

My parents were both driving me crazy today.  Last night my stomach started hurting really bad.  I took some Tylenol to try to ease the pain, but it was still bad.  I was watching TV in my room last night hoping that would distract me and ease the pain. This morning my dad said I shouldn't be sitting up in bed watching TV because it will make my back hurt.  What's the point of having a TV and cable box in my room then?  My back wasn't even hurting.  I always watch TV before I go to sleep.

I get a little anxious about packages when I order something. I worry they might get lost or delivered to the wrong house.  I tried to talk to my mom about it yesterday and she got annoyed at me really fast because I got upset about the bill that I thought maybe wasn't glued down enough to be mailed.  That was a couple of weeks after my medical procedure and I was coming off really strong pain medicine (I am anxious about stuff all of the time, but I think it was made worse by the pain meds)  I abbreviated the street name on the order I put in, but I've done that before on stuff and it's arrived safely.  My mom hasn't been listening when I talk to her either.  She'll say something and when I say that's different than what she said before, she'll correct herself. She also seems to think I can just turn my anxiety off but that's easier said than done.  She'll get annoyed at me for asking about the same things over and over because she thinks I should just be able to ask about it one time and go on.

We have plenty of food in the house, but what we had for the evening meal was more side dishes and extras.  Things like celery sticks, carrots. crackers and cheese lunchmeat etc... It was my dad's idea, but to me that's not much of a meal.

I might have overdone it yesterday. I'm supposed to be careful after my medical procedure and I thought I was, but I've felt absolutely awful most of the day.  I didn't even want to go out today at all.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #830 on: August 11, 2023, 08:25:25 AM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan :hug:

There was something that happened yesterday. I visited my mom. She was watching My 600lbs Life. The story was about a woman who had already lost 200lbs and was nearing her surgery. My mom said, "That woman is huge!" and she was only 20lbs heavier than me :( Then the next story was about a 30 year old man and he was talking about his daily life, and it reminded me of myself and the things I struggle with. When I told my mom I didn't want to watch anymore because it reminded me of myself, she got all indignant and said " I don't think so! You're not that huge!" but just because I don't *look* like I weigh what i do doesn't mean I don't have issues with everyday things. Like, taking a shower for example. It's hard for me to get my leg over the tub. I have to sit on a chair. I get bad rashes in the folds of my skin that I have to treat with special soap and a cream. It's hard to dry myself off. I only buy bathsheets because even extra large bath towels are too small.

I was really upset. My mom doesn't know how much I weigh. I don't think she would believe me. And then a nosy CNA came in and overheard my mom say I was doing good with my "diet" (man, I hate that word). So the CNA started asking me questions about what I ate and blah blah. And he's like, you need to write down everything and look at the nutritional value. I'm thinking, 'you don't think I know that? You can't tell me something I've never heard before.' and I told him my food intake was fine, healthier than most, in fact, it was the exercise I needed. And he's like 'you need to start slow........... ' I wanted him to shut up and go away.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 11, 2023, 02:27:39 PM »
Ponyfan and BC, Lots of hugs to both of you!  :deathhug:

My back is already better, but now my right palm hurts instead. :pout:
On Wednesday I decided after a long time to use an axe.. it wasn't a good idea apparently. I tried to chop a wood species that was too hard/tough and the pieces of wood I tried to chop are big and thick. Obviously, the bigger ones need a chainsaw. In addition to the pain in the right palm, the thumb of the same hand trembles and when I try to pick something up, my fingers are powerless. Apparently I managed to damage my hand.. :facepalm: :mrgreen:
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 11, 2023, 04:21:48 PM »
Oh BC, I hate these holier-than-thou types so much!!! And I get why you're heavy. Of course you are when a day of normal activity for a healthy person leaves you aching & exhausted for days afterwards...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #833 on: August 12, 2023, 09:48:09 AM »
Stupid mailman didn't pick up my packages! He was not the regular guy. Regular guy doesn't work Friday and weekends. I figured this would happen with someone else. Ugh!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 12, 2023, 04:04:06 PM »
BC, I wish I could give you a hug. :hug:  Sometimes I think parents don't realize how hurtful they can be when they say things to their chldren.

This shouldn't be a big deal, but I can't seem to stop thinking about it.  I wanted to get a book at Walmart.  Since I only had one item, I decided to go through the self check out machine instead of waiting in line for a cashier to check me out.  As I was finishing up the transaction. the employee supervising the self check out machines approached me and asked if I needed any help.  I told her I was good and she noticed the customer survey on the screen.  She said that if enough people skip the survey or don't give the self check out machine 5 stars, the store gets in trouble, and they won't give them additional "help."  I guess I should have just given the 5 stars, but I was a little tired and didn't feel like doing the survey today.  I'm probably less inclined to do so when someone I've never met before is trying to make me feel like it's something I have to do.  I told the employee that next time I used the self check out machine I would probably complete the survey.

I'm trying to finish reading a fanfiction story on Archive of Our Own, but I keep getting distracted.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 04:05:44 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #835 on: August 13, 2023, 04:04:38 AM »
I was gonna do a Sunday clean up on myself today. Colourbomb in hair, face mask, shaving my legs etc. We have our shower in the bath tub so I had pictured myself sitting in the tub just enjoying my masks for a while before I start shaving.
I had only schampooed my hair when husband comes in to shower as well. There goes my spa-time.. so I went out of the tub and applied colourbomb and facemask over the sink and sat on the toilett to do the shaving.

When the time for the colourbomb and facemask was up, hubby was done showering. He was miffed as he thought we would shower together. Dude, I told you I was gonna treat myself with spa time! You deastroyed it! You could've waited intil after I was done with the masks and shaving before you joined!
Se he's pouty that we didn't shower together and I am pouty that I couldn't do as I planned. Pffft!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #836 on: August 13, 2023, 07:01:53 PM »
One of my night medications makes my head feel heavy and stuffed. It's good for sleeping, but not so good when I can't sleep and am trying to do things.

Also, ants. Ants, ants, ants! They are everywhere, in every room even the bathroom. I'm infested!

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #837 on: August 14, 2023, 07:36:04 AM »
calls are going to take up almost my entire day. when we do planning we don't plan time for calls. so if i have 6hrs of work planned and there are 6 hours of calls i guess that's a 12 hour day. this is ridiculous.

Rant:

Spoiler
i'm a manager so i expect to have more meetings. i also still have to do non-managerial tasks just like before I was promoted. I like my non-managerial work a lot more so i don't really mind. i'm not a fan of all of the corporate nonsense. most of these meetings could be emails or chats. or could be handled without my input.

i hate the hierarchical corporate structures that require layers of sign offs. if we're going to have small teams i would prefer if people were encouraged to own their work more and make decisions more. i feel like people get scared to make decisions even if they're an expert on the project. i understand they're probably afraid of consequences if they're wrong. but that's also a symptom of corporate nonsense that tries to find excuses to let people go when line needs to go up. ugh i hate the work culture in this country!! i don't really think managerial structures should always be a thing.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 15, 2023, 06:55:24 AM »
My dad let the dog eat too many table scraps and she got sick last night.

I had to tell my mom "Look at me and watch me count" like I was a 5 year old because I was trying to count how many visits were left in my referral before it expires in a couple of months.  I had just counted it off 2 times and she asked me if I counted it right.  So that's why I told her to watch, since she was reading a book at the time and not paying full attention to what I was saying.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #839 on: August 15, 2023, 07:41:26 AM »
I was digging at my eye last night and scratched it :( It's all red and bloodshot and it hurts. I know better, but it was so itchy!

edit later: Yuck! I bought a Red Bull for the first time. Trying different things to stay awake. It's so gross >_< and there's so much sugar in it if I drank the whole thing I'd wind up in a coma. I didn't get it from the store myself, I had my Doordasher pick it up with my Subway order. I'm glad I've finally tried it but it's so bad, blegh :razz:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:53:06 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal