collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103157 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #795 on: July 26, 2023, 02:40:04 PM »
Taffeta, I hope everything works out for you.

Beth, sorry you're having such a hard time, and on your off time too, that's not fair!

I had a mini meltdown today. My mom set it off saying stupid things to me. I cried for like an hour. I sent a message to my therapist asking if she had anything sooner than our next appointment. Luckily, she has one tomorrow at 8am, so I took it. I'm just so stressed. I wrote about it in my WYP post.

The air in my apartment is even worse today. I'm tempted to open the windows just to get some fresh air in here. It's supposed to storm in a bit though and I don't want the rain coming in. I'm undecided... really bad in here, my eyes are so dry!

I'm in a lot of pain today. I cleaned up half the living room and the kitchen table last night. Even though I sat in a chair most of the time, it really did my back and legs in. Also I feel very weak today. My hand was shaking trying to hold my coffee mug this morning.

My mom really upset me. She was saying I was selfish and "rude" for making some food that we both like and not bringing her any. Then I told her my EBT came in a day early so I got groceries, mainly veggies and frozen fruit, and she said it again. How dare I have all this good food coming when my mom doesn't have any. She was probably partly joking, but I wasn't in the mood and when I asked her to stop she laughed and said "no, you deserve it". So I said goodbye quickly and hung up. Then I started crying... she has no idea of my dire financial situation. I haven't told her. She thinks I'm "grouchy" because I did too much last night. First, I'm not grouchy. I hate that. I'm stressed out, anxious and overwhelmed. Secondly, I was running out of food to eat. I have a lot in my pantry but you need milk and/or eggs to make it. Which I didn't have. So being able to get groceries was such a relief. But nah. I'm doing it to upset my mom. Same thing with making the food I made, which is her recipe. But it's not something she made often. We had it way more when I was a kid. She also won't shut up about me coming to visit. Every. Day. No, I don't have any money for Uber. I have no friends to get a ride from. STOP SAYING IT. Like I'm doing it on purpose. Yes, I purposefully make myself poor. It's lots of fun.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #796 on: July 26, 2023, 04:43:13 PM »
@BC :hug: :hug: i'm sorry your mom isn't being understanding
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #797 on: July 27, 2023, 04:04:07 AM »
:hug: BC. You've both been through so much in the last year, probably she doesn't realise that you're dealing with just as much change and loss as she is and you still have a ton of things to juggle. YOu can only do what you can do - remember none of it is your fault and you are 100% doing your best.

(I straight up admire how you've dealt with all the stuff in the last couple of years - whether it's honestly sharing how you feel/your struggles or your positive plans going forward.)

Give Aster a big cuddle. I'm sure she'll help.

Also Beth - if you were on leave, then you were on leave and they should deal with that, frankly.

Thanks for the support over the graduation. Apparently I was moved ceremonies so that I would graduate with my faculty/department, which makes sense, but the email went out before they made that change. In any case, I have now registered. Fingers crossed!
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 27, 2023, 07:17:50 AM »
I'm glad you got an explanation, Taffeta. fingers crossed for you :)

thank you for the kind wishes. i still feel really stressed this morning. i'm a little shaky and nauseated. i'm not really looking forward to logging into work today. i just want to cry. at least the week is almost over. i didn't sleep well because i was dreaming about all this work drama. i think i just need to vent. this project isn't even the most important thing my team works on. I have a lot of other stuff i work on and when this drama flares up my productivity goes to nothing. i'm not one of those "thrives under stress" people. i'm not sure that's even a real thing for anyone.

i don't like this attitude that companies have now that no matter what they ask for. this fake it til ya make it attitude is a good way to get in a load of trouble. i told one of the people on their project that we can't tell the client that we have a limited number of people who can work on their project so sometimes they need to say no to their client. unless we can clone people now, no company has unlimited people. that's total insanity! tell the client they need to wait. why is that so hard?! i've done plenty of client work myself and usually they're happy when i'm upfront about the work. i've also had to clean up many messes from people who just promise whatever and hope they figure it out.

i mostly like my job. i have a lot more stress since i became a manager and i only got a tiny raise. if i can ever get my side income to a point where it covers my bills i'll look for a non-management position.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #799 on: July 27, 2023, 10:49:28 PM »
My vacation starts after my shift ends today at two pm. It's my first vacation in two years and yesterday I told my hubby I wanted to celebrate by going to our favorite chinese restaurant. He turned it down, claiming it was too fatty and he's trying to loose weight.

But going over to his mom in the middle of the week to drink beer and get smashed (like drunk enough that he had to sleep on the couch) and eating junkfood for two days after is alright?

Way to make me feel special.

Oh, and he told me I could always go out and eat with my friends. He know I don't have that kind of friends I could just call up and ask to go out with.

I honestly cried myself to sleep last night.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #800 on: July 28, 2023, 12:06:39 AM »
Oh Beldarna! I'm so sorry :hug: That had to hurt :( I would 100% go with you if I could!

--

I had a very awkward and weird interaction with a long time Facebook friend. We've never met but he's a pony person and does some incredible customs. We've chatted before. But yesterday out of the blue he started asking me about buying a custom from him. The last time I talked to him about customs was in 2020...

When he said he'd start work on one for me I said no, please don't I have no money. And he said 'payday will come'. Then he started saying things that were just odd. I wonder if he was inebriated in some way. I was so confused I asked him if he meant to message ME and not someone else with a similar name or something. He said no, he meant to talk to me.

I stopped responding and he eventually stopped.

Later he was acting more normal posting to his status and stuff.

I always thought he was a cool guy, but he really made me feel weird and he was pressuring me into buying a custom because he 'plans on taking a trip soon'. The whole thing was strange.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Beth3346

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 28, 2023, 02:40:31 PM »
Beldarna, hubby needs to shape up! :hug:

BC, that sounds super awkward. pressuring you to buy something is not good. and even after you said you don't have money to buy a custom from him.

my complaint today is more work drama. my "favorite" person went on vacation and didn't do the work she said she would do before she left. she keeps trying to have my team do her job. she also tries to go behind my back because she knows i'll say no. i think everything is resolved but she caused a lot of wasted time and stress. and almost caused us to make a pretty big error because of the poor communication.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #802 on: July 29, 2023, 01:01:39 AM »
Well now I've got a pain in my side. The whole right side of my back and around my ribs hurt like crazy. It feels like I pulled something, but I don't know how I would have done that. It hurts the most over my kidney. If I breathe deeply, it hurts.

Like I needed another pain on top of everything! :mad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #803 on: July 29, 2023, 01:16:29 AM »
Hubby knew he had screwed up. When I came home from work I got a huge hug, and "I missed you" and he said we could go out and eat but he wasn't feeling for chinese. He is very picky when it comes to what to eat and out of all the 50+ restaurants we have around here there are like three to choose from if we're not eating asian cuisine.. we ended up going to a sports bar because they had hamburgers (still fatty though). I got a pretty decent steak sallad with halloumi. Not what I really wanted but at least a compromise.

Todays complaint is that our very active cat Ninja is bored. He's not to get bored as it cause chrystals to build in his urine. We've tried activating him but everything is boring to him today. Hubby took him out but it's raining heavy so they came in after just two minutes. Ninja does not like to get wet. We have even drugged him with a cat nip banana (last resort). It occupied him for ten minutes. I get him, I too have days where I don't feel like doing anything and are bored to death. Just, I don't get sick while being at it.

That was a really weird behaviour BC. Is he in need of cash perhaps?

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #804 on: July 29, 2023, 10:12:29 AM »
Yes, I think that's what it is. He is posting a lot of things for sale right now. The thing is, his customs are really great and I would love one, but I have no extra funds. I'm selling things for money too right now.

My complaint has to do with monthly uterus shenanigans.

I feel like I'm dying! :drunk:

It's like a wolverine is lose inside my guts and ripping it apart. I knew a really bad one was coming because they are usually bad and my last few were pretty tame. I've got pains, nausea, headache, I'm bloated... my hands are like twice the size they should be! Ugh...

On the plus side, the pain in my side that started yesterday is feeling better. I sat with the heating pad on it last night and this morning, and I should do another round now.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 29, 2023, 05:56:29 PM »
:hug: I would like to give you all a big hug!  :hug:

I have no other complaint than that I had a very disturbing dream Saturday morning right before I woke up. I woke up sweaty and crying. :cry: It felt really oppressive and I didn't want to get up. It could be that my nightmare was caused by the room temperature being too warm, even though the window is open all the time.
Now I don't want to go to sleep even though I should. -_-
:zzz:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 29, 2023, 06:34:42 PM »
:hug: everyone

My mom and I are at it again.  I'm stressed out about something and she's getting annoyed because she can't understand why I feel like I have to keep talking about the thing that's bothering me.  Her telling me I'm being annoying just makes it worse because then I feel like I can't talk to her.  She keeps asking me if I'm okay.  She can't understand why being told I'm annoying upsets me.

I tried to join a diamond painting group on Facebook and yesterday the group page said my request was pending.  Today it's gone back to "join."  I answered all of the questions that were required, but now that it says "join" I wonder if my request to join the group was rejected because I didn't have enough of a certain brand of diamond art painting. One of the questions was how many of them do you own.  I thought that question was being asked just to make sure that the people trying to join the group actually have the brand the group talks about.  I buy a lot of my diamond art paintings at Hobby Lobby so I have a few different brands in my projects stash.   I'm not sure I want to be in a group anyway if you're not accepted because you don't have the "right kind" of diamond art.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #807 on: July 30, 2023, 06:41:37 PM »
Sorry you're having a hard time with your mom again :(

--

My mom's phone keeps messing up. Every day I call her at around 10:30 and the last few days something has been wrong with the phone. It rings once then goes to voicemail. I've had to call the front desk and ask for the nurse's station and tell a nurse to go help fix my mom's phone. I hate calling them. I know they're really busy and I don't want them to get tired of going in there and helping her. It's a Jitterbug flip phone. It worked fine the first few months, no problems at all. Then about a month ago it started acting like this. What happens is you have to turn it off then back on again. But my mom usually doesn't check it so I'm the one that finds out when I try to call. When I visit her again, I'm calling the company and telling them it keeps doing this. Maybe she needs a replacement.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 01, 2023, 12:37:03 AM »
My complaint of the day is TRAFFIC! I was feeling the full moon bad all day today.

First I went out to get my car washed and get some gas. I decided to hit the gas station that’s a little closer to me and not attached to the gas station because I have a gas card that gives me a discount that works at that station. Before I even made it out of my neighborhood, there was a minor accident in the exit out onto the road I usually take, so I went an alternate route. There was road work on the main road I was going down, but mostly it was backed up going in the other direction, so no big deal! I figured I’d go back home using another street.

When I went to turn right to hit the street my gas station was on it was blocked off by the police. I thought maybe it was just due to the roadwork and turned into another gas station that just happened to be on the corner. I figured I could get around the blockage by going out of that parking lot onto the street. It was the same chain as my gas card, so I was able to fill up there. There were a lot of police cars parked at the station, but once again I thought they were off duty from the road work and didn’t think much of it. When I went to leave though, I noticed all the exits to the side road I needed to get on were blocked. I started then to realized maybe something was wrong on that road.

I decided to go down another side road that is usually really quiet to get to the car wash, but traffic was all backed up there as well and I noticed once again all the side roads leading out to the street I wanted to get to we’re blocked. There were emergency vehicles all over and I could see they were continuing to arrive up ahead. I decided at that point whatever was going on there must be really bad, so I just turned around and went to a different car wash that wasn’t too far away. Since I had such a poor experience just trying to get through any of the side streets to get to the other road that lead to home, I decided to tough through the roadwork on the way back even though I knew it was all backed up. When I was trying to merge over into another lane as the road was narrowing, I realized the car wash had pushed in my mirror on the passenger side, so I couldn’t even see to merge. :mad: Thankfully since the traffic was moving so slow I was able to manage.

When I was in the parking lot for a store I was at there was some lady screaming and fighting with some dude in a truck. Idk what they were arguing about, but it seemed like one of them possibly bumped the others car with a door or something. Luckily the truck guy just left so the fight stopped.

Later, when I was coming back from dinner I ran into two more accidents right off the freeway. One looked really bad, the car had somehow managed to skid off the road, go through a guardrail, and start to go down a hill. People just drive too fast here! Most of the accidents I saw seemed like they could have been prevented if everyone just slowed down a little!

I did find out all the emergency vehicles and road closures were not due to an accident, but because of a fire that broke out at some commercial building in the area. Apparently the roof collapsed and a few employees were hurt. I hope they are all okay! :(

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 01, 2023, 03:30:33 PM »
I feel terrible.  :(  I was warned not to overdue it after my  medical procedure and that I'd tire more easily while I was recovering. I've tried to be really careful but as the day has gone on, I've felt worse.

I tried to call my work supervisor yesterday.  When I was transferred to the main phone line, the person that answered the phone said there was a problem with the supervisor's line and she would email the supervisor to call me. So far the supervisor hasn't called back.  If she has, she hasn't left a message.   I don't know why she's so hard to get a hold of.  My mom suggested that I call her since I emailed her in May and didn't a reply back.

My elderly dog had a seizure this morning.  She came out of it, but when she has one she goes stiff and makes this horrible cry that she only makes during a seizure.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal