collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 103204 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #780 on: July 17, 2023, 07:12:52 AM »
that's awful BC  :sad:

my complaint today is kind of petty. the company i work for switched to unlimited PTO. it has it's drawbacks but not having to ration PTO is nice. however certain people take a ton of PTO. like it seems like they're always on PTO. and most people take a normal amount of time or very little time. not only is it hard to get stuff done because they're always out but it keeps us from getting stuff done. yes i'm talking about 1 person in particular.

i do think people should take time off and it seems unfair that 1 person is off while others on the team have to pick up the slack.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 17, 2023, 11:51:08 PM »
That seems like an interesting PTO policy. I’ve heard about unlimited PTO, but I always figured there was some sort of catch to it. It seems like it would be very easy to abuse if there were truly no consequences to taking as much PTO as you want!

I went out to walk the dog at like, 11 pm (thanks, southwest heat dome! It’s too hot to go out any earlier) and heard like, this crazy demonic sounding voice out of nowhere. It sounded like someone accidentally blasting a car radio maybe, but there were absolutely no cars in sight and whatever it was didn’t sound like music, it was definitely spoken. It happened so quickly that I couldn’t make out what the words are, but after hanging around for a minute absolutely nothing appeared, so I got freaked out and just went back. I’m sure there is a perfectly logical explanation for it, but I hate hearing weird things at night when I can’t place what they are!

EDIT: annndd now a grasshopper jumped in my car. >_< I’m not sure if I got it out or not….guess I’m going to just drive with my windows down and hope it jumps out. I’m sooooo over summer right now. I’m ready for winter
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 01:06:50 AM by Minty_Magic »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #782 on: July 18, 2023, 01:16:08 PM »
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy when I start to get ahead something happens??? I sold a couple ponies on eBay. Great! Money! I went to print the shipping label and my printer is out of Magenta, so of course it cannot print in black and white. I used what money I had in my account to buy ink. I have 2 dollars left to my name!

Me again, the next day (today): I had some hot coffee and it isn't sitting well :( I usually drink iced coffee, but I don't know why it would make a difference...

I also have a nagging headache since I woke up. It's in the back of my head and my temples behind my ears.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 09:27:28 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 20, 2023, 08:09:52 AM »
The co-worker who has been told explicitly NOT to go into my office had to be stopped from going into my office before I came in this morning by another co-worker who is aware of the situation.  If I say anything about this situation, I'm targeting him.  If anyone else says anything, they get ignored, because this person "is just trying to do his job"...by being insubordinate.  Which is expressly forbidden by the handbook.  But it's okay for him.  Because he "always has a smile" and the director likes that.  So the garbage he pulls gets overlooked and the rest of us suffer the consequences.  So far HR sides with the director because the director couldn't possibly be biased in favor of anyone.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 20, 2023, 08:53:20 AM »
Got some cute pins from Etsy (not a complaint!), went to leave feedback... only for the dang site to tell me I CAN'T leave feedback until "it's arrived on the 26th" ????? It's right here in my hands Etsy!!

I get that they probably do this to prevent scammers and trolls from leaving bad feedback before the item's actually arrived, but... geez! The really frustrating thing is that the tracking page on Etsy does correctly say the order arrived today. :U

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #785 on: July 21, 2023, 05:11:59 PM »
I've been licking my lips again from a nervous tick. They're red and raw. Luckily, I do have some Carmex which will help. Also, I'm still having a black fly problem. Just as the last one died, now there are smaller ones (babies?) about 3 of them. I wish I knew where the hell they were coming from.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #786 on: July 23, 2023, 06:51:06 AM »
There are even more flies now! There are some trapped between the screens and the glass on the windows. I'm going to open them all, spray the bottoms and close and lock them so they're really closed. They have to be coming in from the windows somehow. I know there is nothing rotten in my apartment.

Also, this day is off to a great start. I stabbed myself with my rehairing needle, ran over my foot with my desk chair and my teeth are very sensitive today to cold. All my drinks are cold, including water. I really don't want to drink coffee and tea all day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #787 on: July 23, 2023, 10:57:11 PM »
People normally don't read signs and expect things to go their way, even if it is a safety risk. During summer, people really don't read signs and are very vocal about having things their way. It's like their brain checked out for vacation as well.. I am so done with people! And please, people! Stop letting your children run around and play on a moving train! It's not a playground, its a fast moving object and things can go pretty ugly very fast if something were to happen.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #788 on: July 24, 2023, 03:49:16 AM »
I woke up in the middle of the night freezing! I was shivering I was so cold. I turned off the AC and the fan and got another blanket. I took my temp and it was on the 99-100 line. I went back to sleep and I woke up a few hours later drenched in sweat but I still felt cold. I took some fever reducer and I'm still a little cold and now my throat hurts. I'd hate to get sick on top of everything else I'm dealing with.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 24, 2023, 07:32:38 PM »
I hope you're feeling better, BC.  :hug:

I was going to write a WYP post about what's going on in my life because I feel like it's getting a bit too deep for this thread.  I started writing a post, but walked away for a while, intending to come back and finish it later. When I came back to it, I hit the wrong button and erased everything I'd already written. :(

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #790 on: July 24, 2023, 07:42:13 PM »
I am, actually. My sore throat went away and the headache I had all day is gone now too.

You should write up the post in Notepad and save it. Then you can go back to it and add/change stuff later. Then copy and paste it into a post.

I do have a tip though if it happens again. If you use Chrome (don't know if it works on other browsers) you can simply hit the back button and your text will still up.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 25, 2023, 07:45:22 AM »
I joined a diamond painting group on Facebook.  I thought it would be fun to join a group that would show off their work with others.  Although several people have done that, I've also seen people being very rude to each other over asking questions that people that are new to the hobby probably ask a lot and also a bit of arguing over where the "best" place to get diamond art is.  I don't have a lot of extra money so I usually buy mine when they are on sale.  That being said I'm not the type of person to berate another just because they chose to use a different site to buy from, even if I think that site is a little questionable based on what I've seen so far.

I've only been in the group a few days though.

I always glue my bill payment envelopes shut instead of licking them, because I don't like licking them.  I was able to get out for a short while today and took the bill payment with me.  Right before we got to the post office I noticed that one part wasn't glued down as much as I would like.  I asked my mom if she thought it would okay and she said it would.  So hopefully nothing happens to it on the way to its destination. If she had told me to, I would have brought it back home and glued it some more.

My dad burnt tea bags and broke a measuring cup earlier because he turned the burner on under the cup with the tea bags in it instead of the tea kettle.  My mom and I both smelled something burning and it was tea.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 03:11:08 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #792 on: July 25, 2023, 04:18:58 PM »
It's so humid outside but very dry in my apartment today. My eyes and throat are very dry, I've been drinking water today like crazy. It seems stupid to get a humidifier when the humidity outside is like 70% but maybe I could get a small one and just keep it by my desk and put it on my nightstand when I'm sleeping...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #793 on: July 26, 2023, 10:42:45 AM »
So, deep breath.

You guys remember that I wasn't invited to my rescheduled graduation ceremony in December last year, right?

Well, I was told I was added to the summer list (this one is in September), but notification was supposed to be during July and since I still hadn't heard, today I plucked up the courage to phone the university to find out what was going on. The graduation office do not have a phone number and they had not answered the email I sent them - but a nice person in student services sent a message to them on my behalf to resolve this.

So this evening I THOUGHT I had it all sorted when I finally got an email inviting me to register for the ceremony.

Until I went to register and realised the date they gave me in the email and the one on the registration site for tickets are completely different.

So I can't register still until they resolve this.

To make things even better, they've reduced the registration period by 2 weeks (the website still says by Aug 18th, the email says by August 4th) so I have even less time in which to do this.

Looking at the website, I think the second date is correct because that is my department's ceremony date. But that is also a pain because it's my brother in law's birthday (whereas I was hopeful on seeing the email that we had avoided it actually being on his birthday.) My sister is planning to come but it will mean she won't be able to spend his birthday with him (he is ok with this but I'd rather it wasn't the case).

So to cut a long story short.

I should be able to graduate but they are still finding ways to make it difficult.

I really loved my time at that university, but all of this has been so traumatic that right now that experience feels tainted. And, bearing in mind that none of my information has changed, it also proves that they just didn't invite me last December. They had my email address. They just didn't bother.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #794 on: July 26, 2023, 11:54:38 AM »
@Taffeta i'm hoping you can work everything out and get to your graduation ceremony :hug:

ugh i am off on PTO today and i logged into work to answer a question from someone on the team i manage. and some drama was going on in the chat. a manager from another team we work with and have a ton of drama with because they're mostly bad at their jobs messaged me about some stuff that had gone wrong. my status was logged in but on PTO. i told her repeatedly that i was on PTO and we could discuss tomorrow.

she basically wants us to fix the issues with her team's process magically. we keep telling them what we want them to do to make things work better but they ignore us. they want us to just shut up ask how high when they say "jump". she kept messaging and i finally told her i was out of the house dealing with medical issues and logged off. i'm hoping i didn't say anything too out of line and now i'm stressed. i hate this project so much! their drama is taking years off my life. i wish my team could just stop working on it. the other projects are run well and this one is a total mess. i want us to stop working on it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 12:01:45 PM by Beth3346 »
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal