collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3  (Read 93479 times)

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The Trivial Complaints Thread ... #3
« Reply #810 on: August 01, 2023, 05:08:16 PM »
Ponyfan, Hugs to you and your dog! I hope you both feel better soon!  :hug: :heart:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #811 on: August 02, 2023, 05:12:32 AM »
I got a kit from ancestry DNA. Put my saliva in the tube, put it in the bag, put it in the blank white box.. and noticed the lack of an return label. The instructions said the box would be prelabeled. No label. So I went to the ancestry website and looked around. Nothing. Went to support and got to talk with the bot Leif, who could not help me. After a back and forth I was put in line to chat with a real human.
The human said the label would pop up once I activated the kit. I did activate the kit and got no label which I wrote. Suddenly I was given a link to a label to print.

Nowhere in the instructions does it say I have to print the label. It says the box is labeled already!

That's my first world problem of the day.

The second problem is my black currant jelly seemed to have cooked for too long and is now more resemling gum. I was supposed to give a jar to my mother-in-law for her birthday. I'm not sure I will now.. Two hours of picking berries, two hours of making jelly.. I followed the recipie to a tee. I don't get why it got like this :(.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #812 on: August 02, 2023, 04:08:38 PM »
My therapist, I really like her and she listens to me, but sometimes she starts talking about herself and it can take a lot of time. Today she did a lot of talking. I feel like my session was shortened because she talked too much. Not that I don't want her to talk to me, but she gets off on these tangents about people in her family and books and different things. I was left feeling like I hadn't gotten to say what I wanted to at the end of the session.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 04, 2023, 12:18:53 PM »
My temp agency are idiots. They send me job listings through my yahoo mail, but sent interview replies to my Gmail which i only use as an emergency back up and almost never check.

I missed out on several interviews dating all the way back to late May! I could have maybe been working already instead of thinking i was a loser no one wanted to hire.  :argh:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 12:23:47 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #814 on: August 04, 2023, 03:03:42 PM »
Man, I am in bad shape today :( My back and hips are sore. I don't know why, I didn't do anything the day before. I laid on my back with my legs and feet up before I went to sleep last night. Maybe I was in a weird position or something.

Inspections are coming up next week :( That means I have to try and mop the kitchen and bathroom floors. I always have such a hard time.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 04, 2023, 04:34:03 PM »
^ :headpat: :hug:

My back has also been in pain since yesterday morning and still is. It has never been like this before. Even the slightest wrong position and the back gets stuck.. ouch! >_< And nothing seems to help with that pain, except painkillers, but I don't always want to take pills for every pain. :huh: I just try to move more calmly and also try to avoid sitting in one position for too long.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 05, 2023, 03:08:12 PM »
When the internet works but the PC doesn't recognise it works!!!
At least I managed to figure out how to sort it!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #818 on: August 06, 2023, 05:24:44 AM »
I'm sorry you're in pain too, HoM :hug:

Thank you, Beldarna :hug:

I'm still pretty bad, it's more my right hip, leg and foot now than my back. Also I couldn't sleep last night. I wasn't comfortable.

edit: My electric bill last month is $94! :drunk: I didn't think it was running that much. I've turned it off. I need to buy another stand fan for the living room/kitchen. Really have to run the AC less... my bill is usually around 50-60.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 09:03:15 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 06, 2023, 02:54:17 PM »

Ooooh, AGREED!! I had the exact same problem yesterday! Wound up having to restart my computer -_-

:hug: to HoM and BC <3

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 06, 2023, 05:16:49 PM »
BC and Carrehz, Thanks for the hugs! :heart: BC, I hope your pains will be relieved soon! :heart:

The back pain still continues, but maybe it's a little less than before.

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #821 on: August 07, 2023, 07:09:51 AM »
Microsoft Teams is such a buggy piece of software. almost every day i have to restart because it shows me away or offline and when i try to update manually it doesn't work! people probably think i'm slacking off because of their stupid bug.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 07, 2023, 11:18:10 AM »
My elderly dog is 15.  She's been having a lot of accidents in the house.  My parents took her to the vet in June and the vet said she was doing fine for such an old dog. 

When the dog is having an accident my dad just yells "She's doing it again!"  He rarely takes the dog outside.  I think it would be helpful to take her out when that happens or clean up the accident instead not doing anything.  To be fair, he does sometimes clean up the accidents if they happen early in the morning or if he thinks my mom might slip.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #823 on: August 07, 2023, 12:54:28 PM »

Ooooh, AGREED!! I had the exact same problem yesterday! Wound up having to restart my computer -_-

:hug: to HoM and BC <3

My laptop has moments when it completely forgets what the internet is. I am not sure if it's my PC or the signal tbh. But this laptop has taken a lot of heavy work from me over the last six or so years, so I generally let it off. It does have three keys held on by sticky tape...

My trivial complaint - the new shower is not massively effective. Sister and I have tried to get a new shower installed here for ages, as the other was not safe on the wall, but this one (while safe) is not very enthusiastic about pumping the water necessary to wash hair under. It's not an environmental thing, it's just not got proper pressure. Sigh.

I forsee another week invaded by workmen.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #824 on: August 07, 2023, 01:26:48 PM »
Sometimes my computer will switch to wifi for no apparent reason. I have it hooked up to the router via ethernet cable, so it's not set up for wifi. I blame Windows, honestly. I've had Windows 10 for years and it will still start up wanting to "set up" for Win10, where it just basically changes all your defaults to their programs. No, thank you.

My complaint, preliminary inspections begin tomorrow and continue to the 10th. I'm in building 3, so I'm hoping they will come to my place tomorrow early. It's the property manager and a maintenance guy checking on things before the Big Inspection is done by HUD. I can't clean like I want because of my back. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until they come -_-

Also, I really need to go to the bank and visit my mom. But my back! I don't think my mom understand how bad it is. I mean I can hardly get up out of a chair and I can't walk very well. I can't stand up straight so I shuffle all bent over. I'm 40 and I move like an 80 year old... but my neighbor is 86 and gets around fine so that's not even accurate! :shakefist:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal