collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71862 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1350 on: December 29, 2023, 03:28:27 PM »
BC: get well soon xxx
BC & Brightberry: feeling the cold with you xxx
Squirmy yeouch!!! I think the UK spent ages looking at orthodontic horror & noped right out of that, hence our rep for crooked teeth. We're starting to get a few orthodontic ads but mostly for those with money... Glad at least your child had a more pleasant experience xxx
Beldarna yaiy for time off with your loved ones!!! Not-so-yaiy for incompatible leads & plugs, yep I DID have that issue...

Plugs arrived today. Hooked one up to the cable in the living room, while the other is connected to the original cable & ready for use in another room or travel or whatever else... Meaning the old plug is now out & it, the old cable, & the old phone, await a visit to disappear to some recycling centre. May have to bag the stuff, but that's not hard.
Otherwise quiet, crochet, Youtube...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1351 on: December 30, 2023, 07:36:33 AM »
Thanks, I feel... still bad today. But I have some things to do, so. I need to fill out an online application for my mom for her insurance. I need to make something using the tomatoes in my fridge before they go bad. I have stuff to make lasagna so maybe I'll dice them and add them to that. My appetite is bad though and lasagna is a lot so I don't know.

Ponies today too. I feel like I'll never finish them :yikes:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1352 on: December 31, 2023, 03:23:55 AM »
BC, I hope it's better today?

Lets see, it's New Years Eve and our plans are pretty nonextinct. I'm doing some laundry and have a pan pizza dough on rise. Our plan for midnight is to stand on a bridge across the river to get a great view of the fireworks that will launch from the northern side of the island thats in the middle of the river. We have to get there somewhat early to get the good spots which means dressing up like I'm going to the arctic.

I began watching Shadow & Bone while Diamond Painting yesterday so I guess I'll continue with that..

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1353 on: December 31, 2023, 08:00:14 AM »
I do feel better today :)

Ponies today and laundry. I think I'll make tacos later.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 31, 2023, 12:54:12 PM »
Feeling a bit oogy still - this cough is taking its sweet time moving on -_- That's always the case whenever anything hits my chest though.

We never do anything for New Year's Eve, can't stand the day personally... I just find it stressful. I'll be glad when it's over :P Just spent the day sorting files and such.

Currently watching CNN because they're going to have an interview with the Broadway cast of Back to the Future: The Musical in a few mins :> Luckily they broadcast internationally so I can tape it, hooray! Nice that the channel info lists the time in ET too so I didn't have to guess at what time to tune in, haha.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 31, 2023, 01:07:18 PM »
The community has fireworks on tonight, & last year they had a snack stand, but I didn't bring loot. This year if the snack stand is out I have a little for it, as I needed to stock up on cereal, & may be one or two other things; I had four items in my bag & two were cereal!!! Anyway, as I paid I asked for some cash off the debit card so I had some to spend between now & the 9th, not that I'll need much, just snacks really.
Scarlet O'Hara arrived just on time for Hogmanay. Brilliant.
Quiet mostly. Just more crochet.

Carrehz, get well soon & hope you catch that broadcast xxx
BC, tacos!!! Been ages since I had any, due to their association with meat, but had them a lot as a child. Nowadays I love a veggie quesadilla, & recently learnt what chimichangas are (dessert tortillas wrapped round fruit & sweet stuff). Might have to try making some of those...
Beldarna I love when the local community puts on fireworks rather than just leaving it to individuals, especially when fireworks come with so much risk & harm, not to mention the traumatic noise!!! I hope you enjoy yours, as I plan to enjoy mine xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1356 on: December 31, 2023, 02:19:44 PM »
i've never had a chimichanga. but i'm not much of a sweet tooth. i'm not sure what the availability and prices of avocados is like in the UK but a taco place by my house does an avocado soft taco. i also make homemade tacos sometimes and mix the ground beef with sautéed onions and green bell peppers. sometimes when the beef runs out we eat the tacos with just the veggies and they're pretty good. you could also sub diced roasted potatoes in place of the beef and it would be good. just make sure the potatoes are fairly soft. now i'm hungry :)

Scarlet O'Hara always shows up to ruin my holidays too :(

i'm feeling a little gloomy today. TBH i'm not looking forward to this year with the election and all. i wish we had short election seasons like in other countries. it never ends here and i hate it.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1357 on: December 31, 2023, 05:24:30 PM »
I just use refried beans in place of meat. I season it with taco seasoning and red enchilada sauce :) Tastes great!

The Mexican restaurant down the street makes chimichanga and you can get it with grilled veggies. I think the thing that sets chimichangas apart is that they're deep fried. Served with sour cream, fresh guacamole and rice! It is SO good! They deliver, but only the lunch menu. You can get a dozen tacos with two sides for $20, which is a steal, and they're delicious. But the chimi is only served for dinner. Last time I ate there was with my dad, sister and niece...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: January 02, 2024, 04:52:02 AM »
PBW It's the local businesses that come together to pay for the fireworks so it's not even tax payer money which makes it all better. Still people grump thinking our taxes can go to something better every year, lol. Some people still buy their own fireworks and put it off, but we have stricter laws regarding that now. I love a good firework. The one this time was beautiful and we had a great view :satisfied:

We have this brand here called Anamma that makes the best vegan grinded beef ever. I think it's soy based but doesn't taste much soy. Anyway, I prefer to use it in tacos rather than the real grinded meat. They also make a killer hamburger patty :).

I went to work on four hours of sleep yesterday so I have slept most of the am today to make up for it. I have a late work shift that starts in an hour. Luckily I have the chill tour and I have that the entire week! I hope the train works though as we have -25 degrees right now. It's so beautiful outside btw. I went for a short walk and just marveled, I'm gonna share some pictures later. Now I'm drinking tea, in a while I'm gonna eat some left over pizza for lunch :).

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1359 on: January 02, 2024, 07:57:43 AM »
this time of year is so weird to me. in Texas we may or may not have cold this time of year. so when Christmas is over i kind of feel like it should be spring. this time of year just feels like a no man's land.

back to work today. my brain is still on vacation though.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1360 on: January 02, 2024, 09:25:06 AM »
Ugh, I feel AWFUL today. Like everything that could be wrong with me, is. On top of everything else I got my period and it's BAD. Can't leave the house bad. Can barely move bad.

I am so sick of this weather. Make up your mind! Be warm or cold. My underarms are sweating but my hands are freezing!

edit: and I confused this with the complaints thread again :shakefist:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: January 02, 2024, 10:20:52 AM »
All your food talk is making me drool!!!
Anyway, it's a particular branch of the local community here which puts on the fireworks. They take donations if you can afford, & since this time round there was a free soft drink & crisps, I donated. It was lovely & the music lasted for long enough afterwards that the worst of the crowds had left by the time I went home (since it's close to where I live I don't want to go home too early due to crowds gathered near my door). I wasn't alone in having a little bounce around after the fireworks themselves.
Afterwards I just wished folks HNY online & had a long lie-in.

BC get well soon xxx
Beth not surprised!!! They should give you until at least the 6th off, but Murica & their no such thing as holidays stuff... >_<
Beldarna your local businesses are awesome!!! Glad you enjoyed xxx

Offline Princess Celestia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
  • Friendship and harmony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: January 04, 2024, 01:57:02 PM »
Normal working day at my job. Then back home, get some big bales of hay for the horses, it's starting to run out at home. Shovel more snow, it just keeps coming more every day. Extra hard to drive to collect the hay with all the snow everywhere on the small roads here. Not fun to meet cars with a tractor and wagon behind on the narrow road. But it's beautiful to look at, so you quickly forget all the extra work it entails.

Then tonight, just take it easy, rest up for a new day tomorrow.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: January 04, 2024, 05:27:22 PM »
Caysie you're right about snow xxx

Just been quiet. When I say I'm putting off dishes I mean putting off the whole fill the sink bowl thing. I still do a few rinse-outs now & then & so far it's keeping it manageable...
I'd love to stew my apples soon & make apple pies...

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: January 04, 2024, 10:49:24 PM »
I have four days off now, starting today! I was thinking of donating blood today, I've been summoned, but it's -32.6 degrees today (that's -26.7F) and I don't want to go out at all now when I don't need to. It's gonna be warmer on monday so maybe then. I need to hook up the chain on my bike which came loose again on my way home from work yesterday :(. I'm just not feeling it. I just want to snug up somoewhere with a cup of tea, a blanket, cry a little. But I need to go out anyway because we're out of eggs and we eat egg for breakfast every morning. Ugh.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal