collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 78628 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1335 on: December 26, 2023, 03:23:34 AM »
Beldarna too right!!! And have fun xxx
Ponyfan yep, lowkey was what I did with my folks when I did too xxx
Squirmy I overate yesterday too, but it was savoury nibbles & not cookies!!! Still got the "when is it all going to go down" feeling...
Carrehz IKR!!!

Ate the nibbles, a bit less slowly than intended but ate them. Had a bombe cake afterwards, fortunately it was small. Watched family-oriented festive films on Netflix; one about a farmhouse & one about a huge family with issues, but they somehow resolve instead of becoming worse. Took a nap, feeling like things were having trouble going down, had to go to the bathroom a couple of times for water as well as relief. Got dressed properly today as later there's a meal out. Looking forward to it. Going to keep flushing my system with water...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1336 on: December 26, 2023, 07:10:03 AM »
I hope my medicine comes today. I can't take these headaches :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 26, 2023, 11:26:24 AM »
I'm feeling okay but my throat's been dry these last few days, got a bit of a cough, ugh.

Famous last words... :really: About an hour after I typed that, the "bit of a cough" decided it did want to turn into a proper cold after all. Uuuughhhh :drunk: I wouldn't be so annoyed if I hadn't already had a cold earlier in the month @_@ Well, it happens, I suppose.

Nice quiet day to myself today, I like a quiet Boxing Day. Just been watching films for most of the time :)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1338 on: December 26, 2023, 02:01:01 PM »
So sorry you ended up sick! A lot of people have been this season.

I called the pharmacy earlier and they said my medicine will be delivered today :) The guy usually shows up at around 6pm. I think I am one of the last stops.

I tried to take a nap but I was only asleep for about 15 minutes before my headache woke me up again.

Spent most of the day cleaning up around the house and playing games.

edit: Got my medicine and took it all right away :D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 03:47:40 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1339 on: December 27, 2023, 01:13:49 AM »
Today is the same as yesterday. Shift starts at noon. Office duty. We were many people there yesterday and there were not many pages read as it was the nice people I could talk to ^.^. I spent an hour reinforcing a train with lots of passengers. Hopefully I wont have to today. We have a new coffee machine. I don't drink coffee but it also has two different kinds of hot chocolate which I explored, along with four or five cups of tea. I ahve to try them again today! Unfortunaly all the good sweets are gone and only the liquorfilled once are left. Luckily I snagged some good ones on christmas eve and have in my pocket for days like today :biggrin:.

I finnished the Santa Diamond Painting yesterday. I'm thinking either starting on the catsanta or save it for next christmas and do one of my own photo ordered paintings instead.

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 27, 2023, 06:56:29 AM »
When nobody communicates it's a right pain & so annoying!!! Case in point: yesterday's meal. No communication before 1pm, with me thinking, is it at 1??? Is it at 1:30??? Try calling the only number Google gives me, no answer at all.
2pm comes & goes & still nothing, save me standing outside freezing, desperately calling a pal. The pal's partner goes on Facebook & I'm told the Facebook says the meal is 1-3pm & I've missed it!!! Cue breaking heart & near tears...
Calm myself down, go back in, change to PJs, start eating a doughnut...
The doorbell goes.
It's my lift, as the meal stars at 3pm, & he wants me to HURRY!!!
I get jeans & shoes shoved on, grab shark, jacket, phone, festive hats, tie my hair back, & am out the door in 2 minutes flat.
All this could have been resolved by a simple text message in the morning to me saying "Hi there, the meal begins at 3pm. Expect your lift at 2:30-2:45". So WHY COULD THEY NOT DO THAT??? Why is it so hard to send one text message which is included unlimited in most phone contracts (including mine which recently got renewed with the new phone)???
I finally make it to the meal, put the shark's festive hat on her, tighten the straps on my shoes, & go in. Eventually my two pals I sit with every year show up, saying THEY also showed at 1pm due to the Facebook. Instead they enter halfway through opening talk, so I have to inform them of the main course. I get two pics: one of myself & Bakana, & one of Bakana & I wi the two pals. I also get a pal's number I sorely need!!! The meal is good (steak pies for the meat lovers, veggie pies for me), with plenty veg, apple juice, ice-cream, & varied choice of dessert, & coffee & tea to finish. We do a wordsearch, & a character ID game. We also catch up on a load of stuff.
I get home, send the pics to my pal, chat to the one I called about making it & it was later than advertised, & settle back down, complete with sweet snacks & doggy-bag stuff from the meal (me??? Say no, to free food??? Not happening).
I will insist that next year, I'm contacted on the morning of the day with a simple text message to say this is when the meal is & when to expect pick-up, to prevent further freakouts. I can't be the only one prone to freakouts when I don't know the plan...
Watched a film & did some crochet afterwards. Had a nice long lie too. I may need to get cereal tomorrow or in 2 days, not today as it's windy

Beldarna that sounds great that you're trying the new drinks in the machine xxx
BC productive, & glad you got your meds xxx
Carrehz, get well soon xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1341 on: December 27, 2023, 07:07:55 AM »
I have bad feet too. I used to be so good about exfoliating and moisturizing, but after I got so sick with my back and everything, it was too hard to reach. Now they are dry skin city. I do recommend the foot peel masks, though. It can be tricky, but you have to have damp feet, put them in the bags and wait like 20 minutes, then rinse. Walking with the bags on is dangerous, but if I can manage it, anyone can :lol: In a couple of days your skin starts to peel off and it's very satisfying.

PBW, that sounds horrible! It also sounds familiar... transportation being a pain. I'm glad you were able to make it in the end and see your friends :)

My complaint is I still have a headache! I wasn't able to sleep at all.
The weather is so funky, my body can't decide if it's hot or cold.
I am out of my usual cream for heat rash. I put Vaseline on. I figure it can't hurt but I don't know how much it will heal.

edit: Realized this was the wrong thread for complaints :lol:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2023, 08:21:34 AM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1342 on: December 27, 2023, 08:04:59 AM »
i'm not sure about Vaseline on it's own but i've seen recommendations to use Vaseline after moisturizer to seal in the hydration. Vaseline isn't bad for your skin so it can't hurt. it might be slippery though so i would be careful walking on hard flooring.

my feet are really bad too. i hate putting lotion on unless it's right before bed because if i need to walk my feet will be covered in dog hair. and if i put socks on the socks soak up the lotion.

i tend to dry out in the winter because of the heater and using water that's too hot in the shower. i decided to get a humidifier for my office. however my office is also the pony room and i'm a bit nervous about using it around the ponies. is it safe for them? it's a fairly small room (10 x 11 sqft.) but the humidifier would be on the other side of the room.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1343 on: December 27, 2023, 08:13:23 AM »
Humidity is bad for ponies, I'm afraid. I suppose if it was small enough and kept as far away as possible it might be okay to run when you're in there, but I wouldn't leave it on 24/7.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1344 on: December 27, 2023, 09:12:24 AM »
yeah that's what i was afraid of. i'll keep it in the master instead. my husband has a space heater in his office and the bathroom now so he doesn't need the heater running as much. in fairness to him he is on medication that makes him feel colder so he's not just trying to make me miserable  :lol:
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 28, 2023, 11:09:40 AM »
Cheers folks & hope you can manage with the heating systems xxx

Just quiet & crocheting. Trying to put off the dishes but I can't for much longer. Just doing little bits when I can...
My phone case arrived & I've put my phone in it. It fits perfectly & I'll be less worried about taking it outside in future

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1346 on: December 29, 2023, 08:16:27 AM »
I have the first of three days off today, and hubby is having the weekend off too! This is the first time we've had so many off days together since our summer vacation! :shocked: :biggrin: Today we took the bus downtown to shop. I needed a plug to the charging cable for my watch because of course it was usb-c and I only have usb-a plugs, except for my workphone and I very much like to have the plug for the workphone in the workbag at all time. And the tech companies wont provide the plugs anymore when buying electronics. You had the same issue with your new phone, right PBW? Such a nuisance.
We also got a small tool-kit, some led strings for the livingroom and I bought a nail cushion for my neck. It was sooo comfy, I got all sleepy laying on it. I ate the last of our christmas food for lunch, took a three hour long nap! and now I'm gonna watch the Holliday and do some Diamond Painting. :satisfied:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 29, 2023, 11:15:25 AM »
took the child to get her Invisalign installed... it went reasonably well...

the poor kid next to us was bawling and crying and screaming her eyes out while dealing with her braces. I felt terrible cuz I've been in that situation, the wire had come loose and they have to pull and twist with pliers to push it back where it goes because they can't take the cement off your teeth and take all your braces off and then put them back on.  then all they could do was cap the sharp and pointy end of the wire which already is sticking into the back of the jaw...  i understood why it was like a horror movie but oh man... that was a lot.

(if you've never had orthodontics, yes that is as terrible feeling as it sounds to read)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1348 on: December 29, 2023, 11:37:40 AM »
I don't feel well today at all. It's still cold.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 29, 2023, 02:03:22 PM »
I don't feel well today at all. It's still cold.
I hope you start to feel better soon.

It's chilly and I refilled the bird feeders.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal