collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71732 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1200 on: November 11, 2023, 01:35:45 PM »
At least you'll be able to use the Express lane. Good luck :(

Today I was so tired I slept most of the day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1201 on: November 12, 2023, 03:49:20 AM »
Ponybookworm! Hurray for a bath!

I've slept the entire AM. I woke up an hour ago and was like, huh? I took a slow walk to the grocery store and did some shopping. On the way there I noticed a box of grapes on the ground. On the way back they were still there so I took them :lookround:. Hopefully no one has injected them with something poisonus. I feel a bit like a thief, but on the other hand, free grapes!

I'm gonna call grandpa today and eat some lunch. The ground beef with beetroot and feta became delicious and we got three boxes of leftovers each! After that.. more painting or reading or both.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1202 on: November 12, 2023, 08:31:29 AM »
I'm still slowly cleaning up my apartment. Almost done with kitchen. Then I need to break down some boxes. Clean up the bathroom and gather the trash again. I don't think I can do that all today, but I want to at least do the kitchen and start the boxes, they're in the way.

My garbage disposal is making a horrid noise. Sound like the blades are grinding together or something. Maintenance does emergencies on the weekend so I'll have to call tomorrow. I'm also going to ask for them to put more weather stripping on my door and ask if they can help me with my trash. I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 12, 2023, 03:09:28 PM »
BC I never saw the point of garbage disposals in sinks. Just drain the sink & fish out the bits to ditch normally (tongs if need be). But yep, if it makes a weird noise get it checked!!! Also been reading the WYP & Complaints threads. Your mother means well but doesn't realise how going online can be good for you when you can't get outside much. It was my lifeline during lockdown & I'm sure many will agree.
Beldarna cheers!!! And get well soon xxx
Squirmy here's hoping you manage to stick to your budget xxx
Novelnerd I hope your partner recovers well xxx And well-earned chill session!!!

Some packages arrived so yaiy!!! Also crashed out because early starts aren't good for me. Can't wait until the bathroom is finished & my home is my own again!!!
Today I have scones cooking. I've also watched a few films because why not. Have Netflix, will use.
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1204 on: November 12, 2023, 03:30:06 PM »
Here, if you can afford one, garbage disposals are better than throwing food away in the trash because of the bugs and animals. Racoons, coyotes and even vultures will get into your garbage. Plus food sitting outside in a trash bag really stinks in the heat!

I didn't get anything done today. I've been in a lot of pain today and went back to bed where I slept for an unexpected amount of time. It's dark now. I did bake a cherry pie though :) It was a frozen one. I haven't had a slice yet but it smelled delicious while it was baking.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 13, 2023, 01:14:09 AM »
Today I'm gonna get an old litterbox from the storage and cleain it thoroughly. Then I'll have to empty the floor in my ponyroom/office and vacuum and mop the floor thoroughly. Then tonight we're gonna place the litterbox on the floor, fill it with some special pearls, put in a bowl of water, we're gonna shut Simba in here for the night and hope he will pee in the box so we get a clean sample of wee to give to the vet. I feel like crap doing this to him.

I have no other plans today. Diamond Paint, read, surf the web, drink a lot of tea with honey, eat.. etc

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1206 on: November 13, 2023, 08:54:11 AM »
Garbage disposals are mostly a US thing. they're banned in a lot of European countries because of concerns about clogs. AFAIK they're pretty standard in homes in the US. Every place I've lived had one. they break down scraps really well. however, grease does cause clogs so don't but chicken or turkey grease down the sink.

Back to work today. I'm still not feeling great but i have to power through since i'm off all next week.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #1207 on: November 13, 2023, 11:44:20 PM »
ARTIE!!!  :hug:

Heya  :) :hug:

@Bath, glad you're better, hope you have a great week off!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Beldarna

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 14, 2023, 03:06:51 AM »
It feels like the day is over and it has hardly begun, it's just past noon but I've done so much already. Having Simba locked up in my ponyroom/office has been one of the toughest things I've ever done. I felt terrible for putting him through it, but we made it and he had not trashed the room, luckily. One of my Diamond Paintings and the Wi-fi-extender was on the floor but otherwise it looked really good. It was pee in the box so I sampled it and took the bus to the vet. On my way home I went off in the city center and went into an electronics store to get some batteries and a new table lamp to my desk. This one seem to have a warmer light than the former that broke so I hope it will be kinder to my eyes. They had some campaign with the batteries so I got a gift! :joy: I got to choose between a flashligh, a headlight or an outdoor lightstring. I opted for the last one as ours is failing.
I also went into a highend grocerystore and bought me and hubby baguetts with seafood. Neither had had any breakfast and I felt we deserved a treat. They were delicious.

Now I have the rest of the day. I've cleaned out the litterbox, restored my ponyroom/office and are just hanging around.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1209 on: November 14, 2023, 06:53:02 AM »
Sounds like a good day! :) I'm glad things with Simba went well.

Yesterday I got a lot done but I'm paying for it today. My right leg is super swollen and it feels like there's a tight band around it. It also hurts in my calf. I still need to finish the boxes but I can do that at my desk. I also forgot to make my calls yesterday so I need to do that today.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 14, 2023, 07:16:41 AM »
All quiet on the bathroom front, & it's due to a Cornhill job. The workies will be in tomorrow so we're good there. Went to see the film yesterday as I hadn't seen it before. Coffee today & picked up dish liquid. Sewing up the knitting before I do more

BC glad you got so much done!!! And rest up now xxx Here we have composting tubs for food waste, & they have lids so that makes ditching the stuff easier.
Beldarna yaiy for so much good news!!!
Beth hope you get a chance to rest next week xxx
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 14, 2023, 05:07:28 PM »
Beldarna, it's great that things are going better with Simba. :heart:

---

I haven't done much of anything worth mentioning. :sleepy: I took care of my mother, which means that since Saturday I have been cooking, serving hot drinks and checking that everything is ok. On Tuesday, she was already on her feet longer and even playing on her computer as usual. :biggrin: Fortunately, she hasn't had a fever anymore. But she still has a lot of rest days to come.
:relaxed:
(I've still only had a cough and a runny nose.)
:zzz:

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 15, 2023, 02:29:52 AM »
HOM glad your mother is recovering xxx

Well they're here today!!! The workies are tearing things apart & putting them together again, but the stuff they're doing that wi is what NEEDS it done. So there's a ton of hammer, saw, drill, & so on. And it's going for hours. Glad it's happening before it gets TOO cold, though I still notice the door being open, like OPEN open, to let the new boards come in.
At least the current knitting project is almost complete...

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 15, 2023, 05:54:32 PM »
Haven't posted much in this topic, but I love the idea!

This week I have been on a trip to Connecticut. It's a wonderful place to visit and see, but for me this trip has been focused on moving. I currently live in Oklahoma and was born and raised there, as well, but I've had it with the state, and it's not going to change for the better anytime soon. After much deliberation, I leaned toward Connecticut, and this trip is to confirm that decision and see if CT is somewhere I could consider home, and I think the answer is a resounding YES. =D

The past couple of days I was a little more touristy than I should have been. Today I went to the Hammonasett State Park beach and spent farrr too much time there. Lol. I can't blame myself, nor can I say it was purely just for fun, as it is helping convincing my parents to also come up here! Also went to Branford and New Haven. Finished the evening with some apizza!

That's been my life for the past several days. I'm loving it up here!

|My Collection|

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 16, 2023, 06:02:56 AM »
Harmonie Welcome!!! Sounds like you love the place you chose to move to!!! You won't love the hassle of it though, but once you're established...  :frolic: :frolic: :frolic:
Speaking of, the workies did what they were meant to yesterday, fitting wet wall AND fixing the skylight area!!! The wet wall looks like I do not want to drill it or make any holes in it, so I've been investing in sucker screws for the bath shelves, & a bunch of tile stickers & wall stickers for the décor. I have a few sucker hooks & could get more later, depending if I need them.
Today I had the plumber & the sparky in to do my sink & my shower. The painter is off otherwise I'd have a heater too, but hey, at least I only have a few things left to go. I have a small screen & a long curtain rail, & the curtain on it can be changed over easily by the looks of it so yaiy there.
I also was able to put away a pair of knitting needles!!! Because I only have a few small things to do & all of them take the other pair.
Meanwhile I went to the soup thing today, & took some DVDS in so they can be shown on film days. I asked on the Monday & was told it was up to the fellow there & another fellow who's always at the soup day, hence bringing the DVDs across. I was also able to postpone coffee until the soup thing due to the plumber being at work (who uses a WC they can't flush???). The fellow at Soup said the films I'd picked were good ones & would likely be shown, so yaiy!!! Some others were there polishing the silverware in the place, & had picked that day to do it due to the soup being on. That's how to do it!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal