collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coronavirus info, facts & updates  (Read 21452 times)

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus info, facts & updates
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2020, 03:48:31 PM »
If we're supposed to be social distancing, animal people sure don't care.  I'm a vet tech and we were slammed today.  Everybody decided today they needed flea pills, vaccines, etc.  Lady going to go board this afternoon and needed shots NOW!!!  Way to wait to the last minute.  Sure those vaccines will be effective.  Another guy wants to take his dog to the groomer tomorrow, needs a rabies shot NOW!!! Today was exhausting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2020, 04:03:17 PM »
And who the hay started the toilet paper craze?? O______o

Some idjit started a rumor that all toilet paper was made in China and it wasn't going to be shipped to the states until the quarantines were all lifted in a few months.  Pure hogwash but people believe anything and everything posted on Facebook.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2020, 04:08:34 PM »
And who the hay started the toilet paper craze?? O______o

Some idjit started a rumor that all toilet paper was made in China and it wasn't going to be shipped to the states until the quarantines were all lifted in a few months.  Pure hogwash but people believe anything and everything posted on Facebook.

I haven't heard that.

I think it's because people are showing pictures of no toilet paper, and people talk about it and it's making people want toilet paper "oh no, I need it too". Some sort of psychological thing.

u_u; Just heard about parts of California, but I'll let someone else fill in details since I don't know what source to trust.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 16, 2020, 04:27:24 PM »
Kansas City just took it further: https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-city-missouri-mayor-quiniton-lucas-closes-schools-bans-gatherings-events-with-10-people-or-more-because-of-covid-19/31679937?fbclid=IwAR0kBR1JIIQ7Uoh1arlzbfBffEN5lgwG5YyS0tRUaF12_aNJVjY1DoL5prI

All schools closed, no gatherings of more than 10 people.

heh. That's what I thought you meant the first time, because that's what the president talked about today.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2020, 05:00:34 PM »
We went to seven different grocery stores yesterday. Nobody had bread! Unlike pantry items or frozen foods, bread is a little... you know... harder to hoard... :lookround:

Stores had meat, canned vegetables, frozen vegetables, TV dinners, etc... but easily perishable bread is the necessity, huh? Especially with how humid it's been, bread gets moldy as soon as you open the bag!

Well you can freeze it. If you want it to go soggy and gross.
Tons of bread here. Bread, yes. Weirdly not so much ginger biscuits and Japanese crackers though. Something in that feels like a disgustingly first world judgement. "Oh no, we don't need bread, but I MUST have my senbei and ginger, dahling".

The toilet paper thing here began after seeing video of people in Aus fighting over it in a supermarket...

Re the gun thing - I guess it's just totally alien thinking here. :/

I think UK Govt is more putting onus on the people to act rather than resort to enforcement. The question remains if they will or not, but the attitude at the store today seemed like people preparing for long haul isolation.

I don't have a problem with it tbh. Not now I know the parameters. And I don't want to see the army or the police having to act so hopefully it won't come to it.

I found it ironic that Trump made that statement at a gathering of more than 10 people, where he was not practicing social distancing...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 05:03:40 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2020, 05:24:48 PM »

I found it ironic that Trump made that statement at a gathering of more than 10 people, where he was not practicing social distancing...

I mean...look at who you're talking about?  If this was a movie we'd all be talking about how unrealistically he was written.

Re: bread I am personally just going to make my own focaccia.  A lot.  And when I run out of yeast, matzo it is. Pile enough hummus on it and call it a day. It's not like our local grocery store, even in times of panic, didn't have bread at all times that was mysteriously expected to expire before you could reasonably eat it all.  Food deserts are fun.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2020, 05:29:23 PM »

I mean...look at who you're talking about?  If this was a movie we'd all be talking about how unrealistically he was written.

Surely ten out of ten for self belief though.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline flutterscotch

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2020, 05:51:50 PM »

Surely ten out of ten for self belief though.

:lol: :newpony: (that's his id).

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2020, 06:11:22 PM »
Given all the crazy, I thought I'd share this to make people feel better about the future of the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-51907474

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2020, 06:17:50 PM »
Dollar General just announced starting tomorrow, the first hour of each shopping day will be for seniors only so they can get their stuff outside of the busiest times (plus they will start closing an hour early).

Hopefully other major chains will follow suit.

And it looks like Canada is closing it's borders to all but Canadian and US citizens.
https://news.yahoo.com/canada-bar-entry-most-foreigners-181313082.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 06:25:44 PM by lonewolf »

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2020, 06:37:35 PM »
The Florida governor made a statement today. It basically boiled down to each city is responsible for itself :shrug:

Most parades have been cancelled but the beaches are open. Spring break is still bringing in plenty of tourists.

We have an up-to-date website for reporting the status of the state. As of a few hours ago, there are 146 confirmed cases, another 30 being investigated and 5 total deaths. I guess there was a plane full of Florida representatives or something in Georgia and 16 of them are now quarantined there and are not able to return.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 06:39:29 PM by BlackCurtains »

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2020, 06:44:16 PM »
Dollar General just announced starting tomorrow, the first hour of each shopping day will be for seniors only so they can get their stuff outside of the busiest times (plus they will start closing an hour early).

Hopefully other major chains will follow suit.

Stop and Shop is doing the same thing.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »
That's a nice idea, actually. I could also see them assign employees as runners to get seniors stuff they need if its just one or two things throughout the day also.
Apparently we got 63 cases now? I'm off work until Saturday so it's time to be blind to how shoppers are reacting again.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2020, 06:57:15 PM »
Here’s the latest from where I am.

No cases in my area yet but someone who visited a small town about 40 minutes away from my town has been confirmed to have the virus.

Most restaurants are open but are either being more diligent about cleaning or going to drive thru/take out only. Some restaurants are not keeping condiments out on the table but are instead putting them in smaller one time use containers as needed.

Disney Stores and American Girl stores are closed for at least 2 weeks. Chick Fil a and McDonalds are closing their indoor seating areas and only keeping the drive through open.

It seems that public schools will not  close until a case is confirmed in my county.

A family member was supposed to go to a conference in April but it has been moved to August due to the advice to avoid large gatherings.

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal