collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Coronavirus info, facts & updates  (Read 21508 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus info, facts & updates
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2020, 10:31:38 AM »
I'm in NC and governor has ordered all bars and dine in restaurants to take out only, effective today starting at 5. No one in my town confirmed sick yet. I don't mind staying home for how ever long this lasts since I'm not a social person anyway. I went out and stocked up on all essentials for me and my brother this past week so prepared best as I can even though I'm not currently working and have to depend on my brothers income to buy the things we need.

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:11:30 PM by lonewolf »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
Cleveland TSA employee has tested positive.

I hope that gets through to people that they should cancel spring break plans...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
Some people are pushing for my university to make the whole semester a pass or fail rather than graded normally. I don't have much of an opinion because the transition isn't hard on me but I think it makes sense to at least make it an option.
Nearly hit 100 cases in my state. The governor is "strongly encouraging" shutdowns but it is nice to see a few companies have just shut down voluntarily.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2020, 04:17:06 PM »
The library where I work has gone to picking up holds only, so people have to put things on hold and then come to pick it up the next day.  It hasn't been too bad but it's a bit boring for me to sit at the desk waiting for the phone to ring when I have loads of things I could be doing to get my project done.  One of my co-workers who doesn't have anything to do might be willing to take my desk shift tomorrow so I can work on things but if not, I guess I'll be painting stuff for our escape room at the desk tomorrow...

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2020, 04:19:00 PM »
The library where I work has gone to picking up holds only, so people have to put things on hold and then come to pick it up the next day.  It hasn't been too bad but it's a bit boring for me to sit at the desk waiting for the phone to ring when I have loads of things I could be doing to get my project done.  One of my co-workers who doesn't have anything to do might be willing to take my desk shift tomorrow so I can work on things but if not, I guess I'll be painting stuff for our escape room at the desk tomorrow...

ALA recommended all libraries close -- although a recommendation is just that.
http://www.ala.org/news/press-releases/2020/03/ala-executive-board-recommends-closing-libraries-public

I forget if my husband says if all libraries are a part of that or not... (libraries are one of his company's customers).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 04:24:25 PM by banditpony »

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2020, 04:29:19 PM »
I live east of Atlanta, Georgia.  I've been watching the spread day by day.  Most cases were in Atlanta counties.  Then a couple days ago two cases to the east of my county popped up.  Then two cases above my county.  Now, today, a case in my county.  It's closing in and getting scary.  And I can't stay home. 

Offline Perikoala

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2020, 05:49:48 PM »
In Spain we have been in state of alarm since Saturday with more than 11k cases and 500 dead. No one can leave their homes except to buy food and medicine. The police can fine if they see two or more people together on the street or in the car.

I think the government has been slow to act because for weeks there have been many sick people, especially  in Madrid, where there are more number of people infected, and many from there fled the capital to go to other areas of the country infecting more people. Some politicians have tested positive for the virus, including the president's wife.

Some supermarkets are rationalizing the amount of products you can take because there are people who hoarded a lot and left others unable to buy anything. We will be like this for 15 days, but I'm sure it will extended for another 15 days.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:51:44 PM by Perikoala »

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2020, 05:51:08 PM »

I hope that gets through to people that they should cancel spring break plans...

Our beaches are crowded with people. Most are still open but they finally closed some on the east side (Miami, Ft Lauderdale). The news sent a drone over one of the beaches my family and I visit - people crammed together like sardines.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »
In Spain we have been in state of alarm since Saturday with more than 11k cases and 500 dead. No one can leave their homes except to buy food and medicine. The police can fine if they see two or more people together on the street or in the car.

I think the government has been slow to act because for weeks there have been many sick people, especially  in Madrid, where there are more number of people infected, and many from there fled the capital to go to other areas of the country infecting more people. Some politicians have tested positive for the virus, including the president's wife.

Some supermarkets are rationalizing the amount of products you can take because there are people who hoarded a lot and left others unable to buy anything. We will be like this for 15 days, but I'm sure it will extended for another 15 days.

Stay safe :hug:

We are about a week behind you guys given the current predictions. :/ It's gonna be a long year.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2020, 06:26:28 PM »

Our beaches are crowded with people. Most are still open but they finally closed some on the east side (Miami, Ft Lauderdale). The news sent a drone over one of the beaches my family and I visit - people crammed together like sardines.

yeah :( I wish florida would of put their foot down earlier for that sort of nonsense. u_u; A lot of schools near me are have spring break next week and the week after (that's why I mentioned it-- the mentality before last week was pure ignorance). It's a shame that people have to be ordered to stop to get them to actually stop. and even then...

My mom said many people she worked with as of last week weren't taking it seriously yet (she's in a hospital). I'd like to think that's changing...

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
Here's some stories:

Amazon suspending shipments of all products except medical and high demand items:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-amazon-suspends-delivery-shipments-stock-price-a9406951.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2q_VKiiTVh-D7_de52k3LW8XNWDVsjXep8MkBw-giPSXooU5J2485mHl0#Echobox=1584456332

It's just shipments of third party sellers that is being suspended. We will still be able to order stuff directly from Amazon.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2020, 07:00:43 PM »
The first 2 cases have been confirmed in my county. According to the news both cases carried the virus back from somewhere they traveled.  School districts have extended Spring Break an extra week.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2020, 10:50:04 PM »
I live east of Atlanta, Georgia.  I've been watching the spread day by day.  Most cases were in Atlanta counties.  Then a couple days ago two cases to the east of my county popped up.  Then two cases above my county.  Now, today, a case in my county.  It's closing in and getting scary.  And I can't stay home.

My husband works in agriculture so he still has to go out but they have divided the work force into small teams or cells of three.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2020, 02:57:15 AM »
People have gone ham. People who are hoarding food and tp are trigging other people into it, in fear that they won't be able to buy anything.
I just bought 4 breads because 2 of my friends still work until 6 and there is no bread left when they're done :\  One is frozen in just in case.

Our government has not decided to go on a total lockdown, but I wonder how long that will last.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal