collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Life and G4.5  (Read 33546 times)

Offline BubbleTea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Must Collect Horses
Re: My Little Pony: Pony Life (Announcement)
« Reply #210 on: December 14, 2019, 09:54:02 PM »
I ordered pony life Trixie on Amazon. I can't wait until she arrives Tuesday/Wednesday. :biggrin:

A lot of people on here are annoyed that mlp is becoming too "trendy". While I do see the frustration I also think that going in that direction is a good idea on Hasbro's part. All the big current toy lines are following some kind of trend and have a surprise element. Hasbro isn't really in the wrong for trying to catch up with the rest of the competition. And the way hasbro is following up on these trends isn't too bad. The fashion style size ponies have "trendy" unicorn flower crowns and "trendy" mermaid tails that are completely removable. The surprise element isn't too bad either since you can tell which pony you're buying (and you get accessories too, a rare commodity). Additionally, many of the current popular lines have large eyes with details inside and these do too  ^.^
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:55:34 PM by BubbleTea »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sigs by SquarePeg and starrynights
:nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2019, 06:45:39 AM »
I think Hasbro jumped on the trend too late honestly. I have some tin-foil ideas about what will happen to the toy trends but I just think it's too little too late...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2019, 09:26:31 AM »
I feel like Hasbro has often jumped on trends.  Weren't the Petite Ponies Hasbro's response to Polly Pocket and the Dream Beauties in response to Fashion Star Fillies?     And more recently there was the blind bag trend which Hasbro has been on the band wagon since fairly early into G4.  And lets not forget the sudden appearance of Equestria Girls after the popularity of Monster High.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2019, 11:00:03 AM »
I feel like Hasbro has often jumped on trends.  Weren't the Petite Ponies Hasbro's response to Polly Pocket and the Dream Beauties in response to Fashion Star Fillies?     And more recently there was the blind bag trend which Hasbro has been on the band wagon since fairly early into G4.  And lets not forget the sudden appearance of Equestria Girls after the popularity of Monster High.

This is all true.

EQG amuses me because it was a response to MH but also a way to bring Jem ideas back into a more successful line, which then inspired Mattel to bring out another music themed doll line...

The two companies are like scrapping kids in the playground sometimes.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2019, 11:27:11 AM »

And flocked toys was a trend in the '80s, as was scented toys. Hasbro has always been changing MLP around into whatever form they think will make them the most money in the moment. Not saying people have to like every form they take of course, but it is how the toyline has always worked.

Even blind packed surprise accessories isn't really anything new for MLP. We had that in G1 with the Secret Surprise Ponies and Birthday Pony. :biggrin: (But yeah, it's an extremely hot trend right now for better or worse)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »
EQG amuses me because it was a response to MH but also a way to bring Jem ideas back into a more successful line, which then inspired Mattel to bring out another music themed doll line...

The two companies are like scrapping kids in the playground sometimes.

Digging into the histories of warring companies can be very fascinating. If you want entertaining, look up the console wars and see how Nintendo, Atari, and Sony have interacted over the years. It's amazing.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2019, 12:39:17 PM »
A lot of vitriol against bronies in this thread.
LOL comments are turned off on the video. I WONDER WHY

Hasbro has gotten a jump on the fact after Dec. 31st comments will be disabled on ALL videos considered "made for kids" (and all the other junk  associated with the Youtube/COPPA thing).

The trailer was taken off of Facebook and Twitter too, and more than likely it's because of the song. I'd sooner say because concerned parents  complained about it (and what the singer has done in the past). Not exactly "family friendly".

And actually some bronies are interested in it, or willing to give it a chance. Though as expected the ones from that certain message board are going after it and people who like it (even trying to claim they're the reason the video was taken down).

As for me: The toys are :X, though G3.5 is still the worst. As for the gens: This is definitely G4.5. I call the slight redesign of the G4's G4.3 now. I'll wait and see with the show.

That one pose of Pinkie does keep reminding me of something:

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »
This far exceeds 3.5. I'll take 3.5 over these ugly things. And yeah, I'm still placing my bets on angry parents.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2019, 06:06:26 PM »
This far exceeds 3.5. I'll take 3.5 over these ugly things. And yeah, I'm still placing my bets on angry parents.

Agreed.  I never had anything against 3 or 3.5.  Yes, the cartoon was made for toddlers but it was cute and appropriate for its target audience.  The same can’t be said of 4.5.

I already know I don’t like the animation.  It’s as irritating as being in a room full of flies for me.  I do hope those that are into it get their fill though.  Modern technology means we get to watch both new and old episodes.  So I’m not put out in any way.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2019, 01:41:50 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one who couoldn't stop laughing at the video, especially when the song says "check my nails" and it zooms in on the ponies' hooves!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 16, 2019, 10:29:07 AM »
Maybe I'm the only one who couoldn't stop laughing at the video, especially when the song says "check my nails" and it zooms in on the ponies' hooves!

Okay I can't say I actually laughed but that part did make me crack a smile.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »
Though as expected the ones from that certain message board are going after it and people who like it (even trying to claim they're the reason the video was taken down).

Those kinds of bronies think that everything happens because of them. Back in the real world...it's more likely to be parents, because probably Hasbro stopped caring about their crazy bronies the moment they decided to shift in a new direction.

I don't like 3.5, I find the plush babies creepy. But some of the ponyville figures are cute.

I'm not offended to the point of mad protest about this line or the cartoon, I just think it's stupid. But I do hope it is 4.5. If anything it belongs to G4, but whether it's meant to be a new generation is unclear because Hasbro probably will never move on from G4 and, judging by the leftover movie stock, neither will toystores...sigh

G3 was an amazing line and should not even be dragged into the discussion. Every aspect of G3 is superior to every aspect of whatever that video was Hasbro posted on their account. I'd also argue it's mostly superior to G4 because it has diversity of character, but that one is a personal choice.

I really don't like the G3 animation that much but at least they're ponies and not digital splats.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2019, 07:27:36 AM »

True, true.  And I'm still convinced they "borrowed" the idea of symbols from Care Bears, which was released just prior to the start of G1.

My main complaint about the blind bags is that none of the companies use biodegradable materials for the packaging, so they're creating waste for no reason.  Like your toy is already in a plastic bubble, put the "surprises" in a paper package inside.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »
… Haven't read the entire thread on this, but just looking at the pictures, are we sure this isn't a spoof of some kind? :huh:
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2019, 10:47:06 AM »
… Haven't read the entire thread on this, but just looking at the pictures, are we sure this isn't a spoof of some kind? :huh:

Of course not. They're available on Amazon, have been being promoted by Hasbro on their social medias, and are starting to show up on store shelves (at least in some places outside the US). This is G4.5.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal