collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site  (Read 16154 times)

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2019, 01:18:45 PM »
Lil Cheese is the name.
omg Ragamuffin that image is hilarious and horrifying!!

Spoiler
Hooray for LyraBon! Okay, the "gay couple confirmed in the last 5 minutes of the show" trope is starting to get irritating.. but I've always thought LyraBon was cute, so I'll take it. :P

so the Star/Sun kid is Luster Dawn? Oooh. Did Pinkie's kid get a name?

I don't like High Princess Twilight, either. I'm neutral to the idea itself but the execution just looks weird.. and I agree w/ you about her hair, Ragamuffin. I've never really thought that much about how Luna/Celestia's hair worked but having Twilight's hair look like that is a little too odd. It just doesn't look quite right.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »
Spoiler
Luster Dawn? All hail the future Princess of Equestria/future exile. Something related to day/night + glittering in some way = princess student
 Don't know why they bother with Celestia's school with that hint.

Thinking about it ... is it impossible for an Earth or Pegasus pony to be an heir? All Twilight's competition/former potential heirs have been unicorns. Twiligjt Sparkle. Sunset Shimmer. Starlight Glimmer. I look forward to Moonrise Glitter or Twinkling Eclipse replacing or being the competitor to Luster.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2019, 03:12:27 PM »
Spoiler
Luster Dawn? All hail the future Princess of Equestria/future exile. Something related to day/night + glittering in some way = princess student

Thinking about it ... is it impossible for an Earth or Pegasus pony to be an heir? All Twilight's competition/former potential heirs have been unicorns. Twiligjt Sparkle. Sunset Shimmer. Starlight Glimmer. I look forward to Moonrise Glitter or Twinkling Eclipse replacing or being the competitor to Luster.
Spoiler
I remember someone made an art of a Princess Twilight with Wind Whistler as her student.  Sadly DeviantArt lost it.

I guess since the title if "Friendship is Magic" with magic being the central Element of Harmony and magic is a unicorn thing, a unicorn will always be the core.

I'm also disappointed the slowly encroaching mountain didn't come to flatten Ponyville in the end.  I had the perfect way for all this to end.  With the town crushed, a Mole-like pony pops up and declares "BEHOLD: THE UNDERPONY!"  John Ratzenberger guesting starring as said pony is a must of course.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2019, 03:17:59 PM »
Spoiler

That's why we need the Rise of Flurry to put these hornfaces into their places. Only alicorn-born alicorns should be meant to rule :P
Or more like... Flurry should have had Cozy Glow's S8 role. That would have been real controversial!

About the two-parter...
Spoiler
Discord should have suffered the same fate as the three baddies. I don't care if his intentions were "good", the writers used him once again as being directly responsible and once again he was easily forgiven. That's the power of character popularity.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2019, 03:21:25 PM »
Hey, guys, these little ponies here:

Are Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake, the children of Mr. and Mrs. Cake.
But like,
Spoiler
Where are Mr. Mrs. Cake? Are they dead too? Retirement home? Questions. I have questions.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
Hey, guys, these little ponies here:

Are Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake, the children of Mr. and Mrs. Cake.
But like,
Spoiler
Where are Mr. Mrs. Cake? Are they dead too? Retirement home? Questions. I have questions.

Omg loooool I thought they where Pinkie's, too.
Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, the lack of parents threw me off.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake probably divorced when Mr. Cake found out the kids weren't his. Remember that rumor? :lol:

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2019, 03:30:07 PM »
Spoiler

Cadence was a pegasus

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2019, 04:00:32 PM »
So that Dutch streaming service that released the episodes has now pulled them and stated that it was a complete accident.

Whoopsie!

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2019, 04:26:20 PM »
Well they're a little late. The damage has been done.  They should've just left them up.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline PinkieLopBun

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
So that Dutch streaming service that released the episodes has now pulled them and stated that it was a complete accident.

Whoopsie!
I see that they took down the second half of the season, but where did they say it was an accident?

EDIT: Never mind. I found it. Guess this is sorta a leak, then.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:55:20 PM by PinkiePie97 »
Follow me on Twitter and Tumblr.

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2019, 04:40:18 PM »
Spoiler

That's why we need the Rise of Flurry to put these hornfaces into their places. Only alicorn-born alicorns should be meant to rule :P
Or more like... Flurry should have had Cozy Glow's S8 role. That would have been real controversial!

About the two-parter...
Spoiler
Discord should have suffered the same fate as the three baddies. I don't care if his intentions were "good", the writers used him once again as being directly responsible and once again he was easily forgiven. That's the power of character popularity.

... Oh my RA I would have killed to see s Cozy level Flurry!!

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2019, 06:49:32 PM »
I would like to preface this with the things that I do like before I go into full blown rant mode/start listing things that I'm making up in my head to feel better:
Spoiler
-Lyra and Bon Bon are married. LYRA AND BON BON ARE MARRIED!!! LYRA AND B
-RBD and AJ's new looks.
-Twilight gets to have her own student to mentor, like she was to Celie.

Things I'm not happy about:
Spoiler
-I don't particularly hate any one ship and agree that fans getting upset that their fan-made ideas are not realised is dumb. However I do feel like the Cheese/Pinkie and Fluttercord reveals are a bit much. It's possible that I'm just projecting my own personal things onto it. But for me personally it feels shoehorned in.
-I know I'm not the only one who wanted to see an older Flurry Heart.
-Speaking of, who thinks it would have been better for her to be Twily's student rather than making up a whole new character? I like Luster Dawn just fine, but it's one of those "if it were my decision" sort of things.
-About Twilight and Spike's designs: I'm not particularly into her being a Celestia type but think it makes better sense that she's Cadance type. And why is Spike oddly buff? Couldn't he be Garble (bully dragon/can't remember name) shaped instead?

What I've decided to pretend is true to please my own needs and also because I do what I want:
Spoiler
-Cheese/Pinkie foal is actually Pinkieshy foal. I've decided to name her Buttercream Pie until/unless she's given a real name. Discord is the godfather and Cheese Sandwhich is surrogate + favorite "Uncle Cheese." : )
-Luster Dawn has similar situation in which she is a Startrix foal and godfather+surrogate is Sunburst.
-I believe someone on Twitter confirmed that Twilight is not immortal and really hope that's the case because who the heck would want her to outlive all her friends? They deserve to be together in death as well.
...Even though they might not put it THAT way....but still....

I've done inked drawings of redesigns/portrayals of these concepts that I may or may not finish. Includes a design of older Flurry and a baby brother for her, if anybody is interested in taking a look. : )

All in all, no matter the circumstances it's been an interesting run and I can't wait to see what's in store for G5.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2019, 01:59:37 AM »
Well they're a little late. The damage has been done.  They should've just left them up.

Might have gotten them into trouble if it really was by accident. Allthough Australia is getting some episodes ahead of the US as well, so I am confused about how these things work.

Cut to other European countries only now getting the first episode of S9. I wonder how they decide which market gets it first and last and why. It's not like they still want to sell toys with this show
Spoiler
(unless they have a secret set planned with Tirek, Chrysalis and Cozy - just for me :lol:)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2019, 07:16:22 AM »
Haven't watched it (will wait for the English version), though I've seen a few screenshots. One thing I'm happy about is:
Spoiler
Seeing Tempest and Sunset in that one scene where they show all of the characters. Finally puts the last nail in the coffin about EqG and the movie not being canon to the show. And puts all of "those fans" who constantly deny they are in their place.

Speaking of "those fans": Jim Miller and all of the other show staff have locked down their Twitter accounts due to the amount of hate and death threats they've been getting as a result of the finale. It makes me absolutely sick (some may have been trolls just trying to aggravate the situation, but most are legit fans).

Spoiler
I don't really like Twilight's new look though. She looked better as a regular pony alicorn.

I am not excusing these fans completely messed up and violent behaviour but the writers set themselves up for failure when they started pandering to the exact same fandom and started making a lot of their fanon canon, including ships, characterization, names, implementing fanchars, memes, etc.
I can't think of another kids cartoon that was so heavily influenced by a totally accidental third party audience. It still boggles my mind how many "dramas" this fandom had and they were all based in entitlement fuelled by the showrunners.

You reap what you saw. You make a fanon ship canon you have to prepare for all the other fans not shipping it to scream "what about me?!?!?"
Just don't make these things canon. Just don't engage too closely with adult fans of a kids cartoon. I have always disliked when the 4th wall was broken, now the 4th wall has been completely destroyed. They better learn from this when G5 comes along.

No, they didn't deserve that. Fans like that need to have their heads examined. No one deserves death threats from whiny, sick-in-the-head people just because they don't like a tv show or movie or book.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2019, 07:49:54 AM »
Haven't watched it (will wait for the English version), though I've seen a few screenshots. One thing I'm happy about is:
Spoiler
Seeing Tempest and Sunset in that one scene where they show all of the characters. Finally puts the last nail in the coffin about EqG and the movie not being canon to the show. And puts all of "those fans" who constantly deny they are in their place.

Speaking of "those fans": Jim Miller and all of the other show staff have locked down their Twitter accounts due to the amount of hate and death threats they've been getting as a result of the finale. It makes me absolutely sick (some may have been trolls just trying to aggravate the situation, but most are legit fans).

Spoiler
I don't really like Twilight's new look though. She looked better as a regular pony alicorn.

I am not excusing these fans completely messed up and violent behaviour but the writers set themselves up for failure when they started pandering to the exact same fandom and started making a lot of their fanon canon, including ships, characterization, names, implementing fanchars, memes, etc.
I can't think of another kids cartoon that was so heavily influenced by a totally accidental third party audience. It still boggles my mind how many "dramas" this fandom had and they were all based in entitlement fuelled by the showrunners.

You reap what you saw. You make a fanon ship canon you have to prepare for all the other fans not shipping it to scream "what about me?!?!?"
Just don't make these things canon. Just don't engage too closely with adult fans of a kids cartoon. I have always disliked when the 4th wall was broken, now the 4th wall has been completely destroyed. They better learn from this when G5 comes along.

No, they didn't deserve that. Fans like that need to have their heads examined. No one deserves death threats from whiny, sick-in-the-head people just because they don't like a tv show or movie or book.

Nowhere did I say they deserve death threats. I even said I do not excuse these messed up behaviours in the very first sentence.
But if you know your fanbase is aggro and nuts you do not give them additional  reasons to flip out. These people are used to being able to write the show from behind their computer screens. They have learned if they are loud enough their fanon will be put in the show. And naturally not all of them agree with eachother and that causes fights the writers get dragged into because they always make themselves available for these dumb online arguments.

It's like giving one of your fans a cupcake and telling the others "no cupcake for you!" then say "I had nothing to do with this" when the other fans come screaming to all have a cupcake of their own.
The writers aren't obligated to give anyone a cupcake, so they just shouldn't do it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal