collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site  (Read 16175 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9 Finale on Dutch Streaming Site
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2019, 07:59:22 AM »
While I agree with that in part, the bad behavior falls strictly on the fandom and not the writers. If you give cupcakes to your neighbors across the street every year for Christmas, you shouldn't expect your next door neighbors to punch you in the face for not offering them any.  It is the fans who are too immature to realize that they don't hafta be catered too and that you can't please everybody. They had something nice done, and they bit the hand that fed.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:04:24 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2019, 08:27:22 AM »
While I agree with that in part, the bad behavior falls strictly on the fandom and not the writers. If you give fudge to your neighbors across the street every year for Christmas, you shouldn't expect your next door neighbors to punch you in the face for not offering them any.

Giving your next door neighbors a Christmas customary treat is not the same as letting your fans write your stories if they are loud enough. These people that are now sending out threats because
Spoiler
PinkieCheese
was canonized would have been docile if their ship was canonized instead and the
Spoiler
PinkieCheese
fans would riot.

These entitled fans don't come in good and evil, they are all chaotic.

Canonizing any fanon ship is not necessary in the first place. It's not a seasonal custom like giving your neighbor a Christmas fudge.
That's why I compared it to giving out a special treat to one random fan while all the other fans get nothing. All these people are used to getting things from the writers. So just don't play favorites, just don't give anyone anything.

That's what I want for G5. Don't give them reasons, be the bigger person and just write your show without fanon influences.

These fans get worse by the year because they realize more and more writers will bend to their will. Netflix Voltron had fans who hacked accounts and threatened to release info if a certain ship wasn't made canon.
Steven Universe had fans gang up on a writer who wrote in a ship they didn't agree on and the writer shut down all her social media and left the show.

These people need to get ignored, not given treats. If writers are so stupid to engage them they need to learn from the bad experience and not do it again. Because you can't change these entitled fans, you can however take away some of that entitlement by making your writing unaffected by fanon. This way they can't claim your time.

I can't express myself more clearly. I won't let my words get twisted into victimblaming. The writers do not deserve the backlash but they should have known better (wisdom of almost 10 years of engaging with various nutjobs and giving them treat after treat).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2019, 09:57:21 AM »
I want them to write MLP for kids. That's all.

Yikes! I didn't know that about some of those other cartoons.  :shocked: I know companies have legal protections and should have slapped them with lawsuits and other legal repercussions. That woulda fixed their little red wagon. Freakin psychos.

Anyway, I'm glad FiM is over. Hopefully the next gen will return to having better more diverse horse toys, decent artwork and decent writing. And I hope that another group of toxic crazies won't pop up and be pandered to ever again.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:04:34 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2019, 10:10:25 AM »
I wonder if the Gameloft game will be kept alive after this? Will the MLP comics continue?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

Offline Ragamuffin

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2019, 10:14:27 AM »
I wonder if the Gameloft game will be kept alive after this? Will the MLP comics continue?

It was said somewhere that the comics will continue and I'm sure they'll keep supporting the Gameloft game for as long as they're making money.

Hasbro also said on the season 9 announcement post on Facebook that they're continuing to provide content, which I assume is the comics and the animated shorts and whatever they've been posting to Youtube. Oh, and the stage show next year...

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2019, 12:14:12 PM »
I see nothing wrong with making
Spoiler
Cheesepie
canon. Lets face it, every character was shipped in this show. Can't make everyone happy. Fans need to accept it and calm down. Its the last episode, its a wholesome ship.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2019, 03:11:37 PM »
I have to agree with Zapper that the people running this show set themselves up for failure.  They have bent to the will of bronies since the community gain prominence, and never seemed willing to say no to them.  So, when it came time to make a decision on a controversial topic, someone was going to be angry and that community never had to develop the coping mechanisms for not getting their way.

Really, social media probably the worst thing to happen to media as it brings the staff and actors within digital arm's reach of the fans which means they're within reach to be digitally maimed by people who believe they can give in to their worst impulses from behind a computer screen.

Anyway, I'm personally okay with Cheese Pie.  Though, at this point I just don't care what's happens in the show.  I'm just glad it's over.

Here's hoping the staff goes into G5 with the mindset they're the ones making the show and not to instill the sense of entitlement in the fans they did this time.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Shadowperla

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »
They could have made-up new spouses, so no fan ship is real, maybe?

Offline SpacePinto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2019, 04:54:11 PM »
The show producers knew what they were getting into when they decided to pander to a group known for its sense of entitlement and throwing tantrums whenever they don't get their way, what did they expect to happen when one day they are simply unable to give them what they want? Sadly, I don't think G5 will change much in that matter, some bronies will still be around writing their cringeworthy fanfictions and obsessing over characters, and from what others have said it looks like greedy Hasbro will continue making G4-related media and merchandise even after the toyline and cartoon themselves are over. The only hope is that without new episodes there will be no new bronies coming in and the remaining ones will eventually just get bored, but it might take years. And that's assuming that G5 won't be just a continuation of G4 so that Hasbro could milk bronies for their money as long as they can. Sometimes I wonder if the fandom will ever return to its pre-2010 innocence, or maybe that stain is just permanent...
Inka Dinka Doo

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2019, 06:06:59 PM »
I don't have access to them, but if those leaked emails from last year are anything to go by (they correctly predicted much of season 8 and 9), it looks like G5 might be taking the brony catering and dialing it up to 11. Reusing the same six ponies again (why????), making the world extremely complex (multidimensional universe where each species of pony resides on their own world that's somehow interconnected?), raising the show's rating to include fantasy violence, even.

Of course these are all from when the new G5 show was in EARLY pre-production, and maybe some things have changed since then. But I'm personally not getting my hopes up, as much as I wish G5 goes back to the days of G3 and before, I feel like G4 and the brony fandom have screwed the franchise in the long run.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2019, 02:53:10 AM »
Then I guess maybe, as terrible as it sounds, we want G5 to go the way of G2 Transformers.  It is a commercial flop and quickly abandoned.  Hasbro realizes bronies are not a group to be catered to for good business, and goes back to how they did things before FiM or go in a completely new direction.  It'll be painful for all of us during the 2020's, but in the long run might save the brand.

Because I think with FiM My Little Pony has lost its identity.  It's too busy pandering to a particular subset of the adult fanbase and trying to be hip to keep track of what it's supposed to be about.  It's even twisted into own purpose, teach lessons about friendship, into being so toxic I wouldn't allow small children to watch this show because of the terrible and counterproductive things this show has to say.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2019, 06:51:21 AM »
Spoiler
-shrug- I guess I just don't see how pairing the characters off = pandering to the bronies!! Maybe you've got a point with LyraBon, but the others.. I dunno. Lots of stories end with the heroes hooking up and having kids... Who's to say the crew didn't ship Cheese/Pinkie themselves, lol. Any pairing can be considered a "ship", the idiots that get het up over silly cartoon pairings would get angry about it no matter what :P

(not that I'm saying all shippers are silly, I'm talking about the ones that take it super seriously and get angry and vitriolic about it :P)

Offline AvianWing

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2019, 09:30:13 AM »
A part of me hopes that, with how bronies have violently reacted to the finale (and will likely continue to react as it's released in more countries & languages), Hasbro realizes that maybe it is better to drop that audience, as things like that could taint MLP in the public eye if it gets enough publicity. The harder they cater to them the worse it'll get.

I think it is possible that G5 is going to flop hard if they go the way they're currently going. Bronies will hate it because it's too different, changing the identity of the characters they know/love for the purpose of milking them further. Other MLP fans will hate it because it isn't different enough, using the same characters again. Parents might even hate it because oh great the kids want ANOTHER Pinkie Pie/Rainbow Dash/whoever else?

All wishful thinking, of course, and we won't know anything about G5 for sure until it's announced. I just really miss the innocence of pre-FiM MLP, or heck, even early FiM when it was still a cute show for kids. I recently watched a random season 2 episode and it was honestly shocking just how far removed season 9 is from that. Seasons 1-2 had an air of innocence that's just not there anymore in the later seasons, from before bronies took over. I miss it.

Offline caseysealia

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2019, 09:59:46 AM »
Spoiler
-shrug- I guess I just don't see how pairing the characters off = pandering to the bronies!! Maybe you've got a point with LyraBon, but the others.. I dunno. Lots of stories end with the heroes hooking up and having kids... Who's to say the crew didn't ship Cheese/Pinkie themselves, lol. Any pairing can be considered a "ship", the idiots that get het up over silly cartoon pairings would get angry about it no matter what :P

(not that I'm saying all shippers are silly, I'm talking about the ones that take it super seriously and get angry and vitriolic about it :P)
I can agree with this. If fans are so upset by their ship being dumped to the point of harassment  then they have bigger issues.

Post Merge: August 28, 2019, 10:01:39 AM

A part of me hopes that, with how bronies have violently reacted to the finale (and will likely continue to react as it's released in more countries & languages), Hasbro realizes that maybe it is better to drop that audience, as things like that could taint MLP in the public eye if it gets enough publicity. The harder they cater to them the worse it'll get.

I think it is possible that G5 is going to flop hard if they go the way they're currently going. Bronies will hate it because it's too different, changing the identity of the characters they know/love for the purpose of milking them further. Other MLP fans will hate it because it isn't different enough, using the same characters again. Parents might even hate it because oh great the kids want ANOTHER Pinkie Pie/Rainbow Dash/whoever else?

All wishful thinking, of course, and we won't know anything about G5 for sure until it's announced. I just really miss the innocence of pre-FiM MLP, or heck, even early FiM when it was still a cute show for kids. I recently watched a random season 2 episode and it was honestly shocking just how far removed season 9 is from that. Seasons 1-2 had an air of innocence that's just not there anymore in the later seasons, from before bronies took over. I miss it.
They can go back and forth too- Every gen should be different. Some gens are more like g3 and some are more like FIM. No matter what they do though they should always remember their target audience
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:01:39 AM by caseysealia »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2019, 10:03:38 AM »
Al, that's what I've been saying. But I'm often told that Hasbro doesn't cater to the toxic bronies. Sure looks like they do to me.

Avian, its already been tainted in the public eye. The damage was done way before this unfortunately.

Hasbro is also unhealthily obsessed right now, its plain to be seen with trying to retroactively tie everything back to the Mane Suxx in their products and taking a steaming crap on their very lucrative legacy for their toxic audience's benefit with that youtube show, while snubbing their core audience and older fanbase. 

They don't treat Transformers or G.I. Joe or its fans like this. Why do they treat My Little Pony and its fans like this?

Screw it, I guess they deserve each other!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:12:35 AM by Leave a Whisper »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal