collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Twilight Sparkle. Applejack and Spike set found Updated-more new pony pics  (Read 7483 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
I almost bought this set today but opted for the cadence/shining armour and celestia/fluttershy sets instead

In the new sculpts?  Make with the pics! (ehem, um please I mean, thanks)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I think they look okay. A bit strange, but cute. That cadance however....terrifying.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Makaroni_the_pony

it always bothered me that g4 was like the only gen that didn't have lots of different poses for the ponies, and how they all looked exactly the same, so even if I can't afford these new ones, I hope that by the time G4 ends its run there will be lots of poses released and I'll be able to get some of them eventually

lostpony

:happy: Not true, we have a G4 brushable with a raised leg now

It seems some people don't like the new sculpts so I hope they keep making the old style too though so we can all be happy.

I hope you are able to buy all the ponies you ever want, Makaroni! and that there are many many flavors to pick from before Hasbro gives up on G4.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
seeing these out of box they look so much better. I think I'm going to prefer these way more than the same pose stuff we've been getting. they're refreshingly different enough and yet still the same.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Holy Cow! Lookit the Eyes on that package! If this keeps going they'll be nothing but a pair of eyes with wings or a horn!  :shocked:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
I want to like them, I really do, but...I don't.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Reading this thread at least answers my long-standing question about why Hasbro hasn't fixed the sculpt on the current brushables for 5 years.

I think these look great.  I'm really excited about them and the sculpt and integration of Twilight's wings are really great!  I'm not excited that so few seem to like them...the heads are not bigger than the show, and there is not less hair, and Twilight's eyes are not too big,  and this is most absolutely NOT G4.5!! 

By the way those who love G3.5 are not so few as many believe around here...and I hope a whole lot of people buy these new sculpts so Hasbro doesn't get the idea we just want the same old thing for the next five years too.

So much complaining about how they look, but no one wonders what Applejack is doing in Twilight's bedroom with an exhausted-looking Spike sitting on the bed, hmm...ah I finally have a reason to put in my slaughterhouse application for why I want to be able to post there, haha.  yeah

Well given the cucumbers and sleep mask, it looks like they're having a sleepover. You know, makeovers, ordering pizza, prank calls, movies? 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:16:15 AM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
If this keeps going they'll be nothing but a pair of eyes with wings or a horn!  :shocked:

I'd buy that, not gonna lie.

Also;

[friendship intensifies]

Post Merge: January 17, 2017, 08:37:16 AM

Anyway, I figured out what bugs me so about these. I actually like the comically oversized eyes and lithe, deerlike bodies - it's just the skinny noodle legs I can't stand. I really liked the sturdy legs on the old molds, and these remind me of mcponies, and my minds goes "mcponies = cheap".

Ah, well. Hopefully they'll grow on me. More poses in G4 does sound quite nice.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 08:37:16 AM by Mrbrightsky »
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Makaroni_the_pony

Anyway, I figured out what bugs me so about these. I actually like the comically oversized eyes and lithe, deerlike bodies - it's just the skinny noodle legs I can't stand. I really liked the sturdy legs on the old molds, and these remind me of mcponies, and my minds goes "mcponies = cheap".

I totally feel that, I used to not like the open mouth look but it's actually starting to grow on me, whereas the weird skinny from the back legs didn't seem very thought through in the sculpting. I think I'd be more okay with them even if it was just the front legs that were skinny, and the back legs were sturdier, cause they've got a weird teddy bear butt thing going on with their rumps, lol fortunately I don't make a habit of displaying my ponies backwards. Honestly I only use G4s in customs since I don't like how tiny they are, so unless they start making some of these new ones in fashion style size I probably won't have them on the shelf just yet.

#unless they get a cheerilee
#I'll buy all the cheerilees

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
I just hope they make a larger variety of characters.  I appreciate that they're doing Lyra, but I want lots of other characters too!

Sunny Rays!  Lily Blossom!  Rose Luck!  Dewdrop Dazzle!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Well look at it this way, Hasbro could get the idea of just stopping on making ponies for the US for several years like they did with G2
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Makaroni_the_pony

Well look at it this way, Hasbro could get the idea of just stopping on making ponies for the US for several years like they did with G2

I need me a Cheerilee
HASBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
If this keeps going they'll be nothing but a pair of eyes with wings or a horn!  :shocked:

I'd buy that, not gonna lie.

Also;

[friendship intensifies]

Post Merge: January 17, 2017, 08:37:16 AM

Big Brother is  watching....

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor

Why is this always the go-to in the pony community? If someone doesn't like a design, it's always "we're lucky to even have ponies!" 

To be brutally honest, I won't buy these. To me they're hideous so it wouldn't bother me in the least if hasbro stopped selling them in the US

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal