collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PQOTD #6 12/22/16 What is the worst MLP toy concepts of all time?  (Read 11480 times)

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
Re: PQOTD #6 12/22/16 What is the worst MLP toy concepts of all time?
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2016, 10:27:10 AM »
I agree with the pony cupcake things. The first time I saw one I wasn't sure what it was supposed to be.  Also the pony make up. My childhood Twinkler was the unfournate pony that came with free pony lipstick. Even though I was very careful with my toys and only put the lipstick on Twinkler's lips I didn't know you were supposed to take it off. She still has lipstick stains.

Ponyfan

So glad I'm not alone in this. I lIke the idea of building figured and being able to put all the parts inside, and the little display pillars are cute. But the cupcake heads are awful. XD
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »
And the ponies used to come with cute little animals and everything, but they just sorta dropped it.

I agree they should of kept to the little animals but everyone was complaining about how this reminded them of littlest pet shop not my little pony so they dropped them. :( I think for playsets they are great but the plastic it takes to make a full playset is not what they do enough anymore.  I have to stick to the old G1 playets and at least they were not just half a playset. :(

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2016, 11:21:13 AM »
And the ponies used to come with cute little animals and everything, but they just sorta dropped it.

I agree they should of kept to the little animals but everyone was complaining about how this reminded them of littlest pet shop not my little pony so they dropped them. :( I think for playsets they are great but the plastic it takes to make a full playset is not what they do enough anymore.  I have to stick to the old G1 playets and at least they were not just half a playset. :(

Yeah, I know that when I got my Wedding castle, it was always really wobbly, and the legs that held it on would fall off. That's how they make a lot of toys these days, except for Legos.

I can't believe that people complained about the little animals, I always thought that they were so cute. At least let the ponies come with something else instead of just a hairbrush   -_-
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2016, 11:25:28 AM »
I thought the complaints about the animals was that they pretty random and didn't match the pets the ponies have in the show except Twilight had an owl?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »
I thought the complaints about the animals was that they pretty random and didn't match the pets the ponies have in the show except Twilight had an owl?

Ponyfan

Yeah I think that was the gist of it. They didn't match the pets in the cartoon. Who cares?? To me they were cute anyway. Oh well.

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »

Ponyfan

Yeah I think that was the gist of it. They didn't match the pets in the cartoon. Who cares?? To me they were cute anyway. Oh well.

Who was complaining? the early bronies? Because I didn't see anything wrong with them-- heck, I think that the rainbow powered and cutie mark magic ones were much worse, especially when it comes to continuity.  :pout:

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »

Ponyfan

I found them annoying, but I also find the pets with MH dolls annoying. I think it was more about the cost of producing the toy. But I don't even know where the animals that came with my early G4 are. I just tossed them in a box somewhere and haven't seen them since...I bet that happened a lot with kids, too, losing them with other toys...

As for Paradise Estate, the fact file essentially calls it her house, but I genuinely don't think she was ever going to go with the set in America. The fact she's not flocked in the prototype image sort of indicates that for me. She was meant to go with the other Movie Stars. She just never made it to store shelves. Whereas Paradise the SS is on the regular backcard, and the fact she has a backcard and a story and such indicates she always belonged with that set in the US. Just like all the rest of the movie stars.

But Paradise is NOT on the Movie Star card, although she goes with the Movie Star set. And so she was intended for the playset, as the Hasbro book for 1987 indicates.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »
But I don't even know where the animals that came with my early G4 are. I just tossed them in a box somewhere and haven't seen them since...I bet that happened a lot with kids, too, losing them with other toys...

I guess im the odd person out, that I kept my pets together somewhere with the toys. I bet thats gonna be a pain like 20-30+ years down the line when people go to collect g4 and can't find any of the pets they came with.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2016, 01:58:23 PM »
How many loose G1 ponies still have their body sticker with them?  Most people will take the pony, hair tool, and ribbon and declare victory.

It's funny David Wise seemed to follow Hasbro's official take on Paradise Estate in Revolt rather than the movies'.  It's rundown state sounds more like the abandoned manor Paradise and North Star found than something the Moochic magically conjured up.  And, Paradise would be expected to take care of it if it was her house.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »

Ponyfan

Who was complaining? the early bronies? Because I didn't see anything wrong with them-- heck, I think that the rainbow powered and cutie mark magic ones were much worse, especially when it comes to continuity.  :pout:

I'm not sure who was doing the complaining but I saw several posts saying that people didn't want to buy the ponies just because the animals didn't match. I think one pony came with a chipmunk.  I remember posts about Twilight's owl being the correct animal but then there were complaints that he was the wrong color. I think he was green.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2016, 02:58:09 PM »

Ponyfan

I'm not sure who was doing the complaining but I saw several posts saying that people didn't want to buy the ponies just because the animals didn't match. I think one pony came with a chipmunk.  I remember posts about Twilight's owl being the correct animal but then there were complaints that he was the wrong color. I think he was green.

Ponyfan

So people wouldn't buy the ponies just because of the pets? That's ridiculous.  -_-

Offline SkyCakes

• View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2016, 08:29:55 PM »
So people wouldn't buy the ponies just because of the pets? That's ridiculous.  -_-

Yeah that is very sad. Sorry if I opened up a big can of worms with this post. ><:

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2016, 06:30:57 PM »

I ADORE the pets.  They're so cute and there are little critters all over the cartoon.  I grab extras whenever I get the chance.  I keep tons out on display and still have more in the closet.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline BethMcBeth

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2016, 07:23:35 PM »
Ofcourse you have to kiss all the ponies!!! Geeezz... did none of you grow up with real horses?? (Totally joking I know not everyone grew up with horses in real life that why we have all these ponies right??) :P Thats just what you did you kissed and petted all the noses.

As for me I think the G1 Dance and Prance, I mean who didn't think that spinning tail made a better helicopter? XD!!!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »
Ofcourse you have to kiss all the ponies!!! Geeezz... did none of you grow up with real horses?? (Totally joking I know not everyone grew up with horses in real life that why we have all these ponies right??) :P Thats just what you did you kissed and petted all the noses.

As for me I think the G1 Dance and Prance, I mean who didn't think that spinning tail made a better helicopter? XD!!!

:lmao: Well if your ever stranded in the ocean.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal