collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PQOTD #6 12/22/16 What is the worst MLP toy concepts of all time?  (Read 11344 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: PQOTD #6 12/22/16 What is the worst MLP toy concepts of all time?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »
 I just wanted to say yes there was alot of ideas via Flutter ponies with their broken wings. Sea ponies with rusty metal weights inside them that was a bad idea executed. Though there are other toy lines out there have came up with some very awful ideas too. (Some are downright creepy.) Thats why I may have a bunch of misfit pony toys but I dont mind it. :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 12:29:39 PM »
Tafetta, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to un-see the image of that Sweet Kisses pony. The angle of the shot plus the weird lipstick is just no. :lol:

Agreed!! :lol: XD XD

And that's entirely the point :D I rest my case ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2016, 01:05:40 PM »
My number one would have to be the Beddy Bye Eye Babies! The idea isn't a bad one (sort of like a baby doll, their eyes close when you lay them down! cute!), but the bulging, cavernous eye sockets... not so much. :P

Another one that might just be me - but the Dream Beauty set which had lip gloss/solid perfume in the symbol. Um, WHAT? First of all, assuming the kid uses up all the lip gloss/balm/whatever the heck that stuff was, you're left with a pony with an empty cosmetics container left inside of it. Joy! And secondly, am I the only one who ends up throwing away half-used lip balms because they get scuzzy, fuzzy, and generally icky? Now imagine that in a pony's hip, and you can't pull it out to throw it away!! :P Double ew!

As a childhood toy, heck yes that would be cute! But as an adult, with a better understanding of "ick", considering buying them after 20+ years of sitting around someone else's house... eeeew!! :yikes:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 01:09:34 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »
G3 So Softs were plush toys of baby ponies with molded faces and brushable hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUQYWrdxz8

I think the concept was for them to be for more "baby doll" style of play.

Good call on the Drink 'n Wets, I hate the concept (for dolls, ponies, or anything else). "You know what little girls need in their lives?  Simulated urine."  No, just no.

I don't like scented ponies either.  The worst I've ever smelled is G3 Citrus Sweetheart.  She had an overpowering, eye-burning scent.  Actually gave me a headache.   Chocolate Chipper was another terrible one, not because her smell was overpowering, but because she just smelled bad.  Nothing like chocolate / cookies.

Yeah I think that they made those in g4, but I don't know what they were called. They made Pinkie pie, and you had to help her walk, on 2 legs  -_-

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 01:14:49 PM »
G3 So Softs were plush toys of baby ponies with molded faces and brushable hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VUQYWrdxz8

I think the concept was for them to be for more "baby doll" style of play.

Good call on the Drink 'n Wets, I hate the concept (for dolls, ponies, or anything else). "You know what little girls need in their lives?  Simulated urine."  No, just no.

I don't like scented ponies either.  The worst I've ever smelled is G3 Citrus Sweetheart.  She had an overpowering, eye-burning scent.  Actually gave me a headache.   Chocolate Chipper was another terrible one, not because her smell was overpowering, but because she just smelled bad.  Nothing like chocolate / cookies.

Yeah I think that they made those in g4, but I don't know what they were called. They made Pinkie pie, and you had to help her walk, on 2 legs  -_-
I think they were called so softs too.I don't really care about the g4 ones, they are alright but not cute enough to make me want them.Far from the horrible things that are g3.5 so softs though.

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2016, 04:36:55 PM »
Equestria Girls  I know some people really like them, but I don't get it in the slightest.      :what:

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2016, 05:03:21 PM »
The Soda Sippin Ponies. They would be such  fun pony sets to have if stupid Hasbro hadn't put the holes in such an idiotic spot on their faces. Because ya know, we all drink soda through a hole between a mouth and our nose.  -_-

Equestria Girls-This is My Little Pony, not My Little Rule 34 :pout:

The G2s with changeable tails.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:02:57 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2016, 05:12:02 PM »
I have to agree on the Surprise Twins mommy pony.  I only have her because she is associated with the UK bed and crib set.  Another one is the UK Princess Sparkle pony.  I will never own her unless I win the lottery and decide I want to track down every UK/European released pony. The BBE ponies, I am tempted to learn that method to convert them into NBBE ponies.  The So soft sleepy newborn ponies, also creepy.  And I also second the princess ponies with the weird lashes.  I only have them because at one time I wanted to try to complete the US released ponies.  No longer a goal
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2016, 05:18:27 PM »
My number one would have to be the Beddy Bye Eye Babies! The idea isn't a bad one (sort of like a baby doll, their eyes close when you lay them down! cute!), but the bulging, cavernous eye sockets... not so much. :P

Another one that might just be me - but the Dream Beauty set which had lip gloss/solid perfume in the symbol. Um, WHAT? First of all, assuming the kid uses up all the lip gloss/balm/whatever the heck that stuff was, you're left with a pony with an empty cosmetics container left inside of it. Joy! And secondly, am I the only one who ends up throwing away half-used lip balms because they get scuzzy, fuzzy, and generally icky? Now imagine that in a pony's hip, and you can't pull it out to throw it away!! :P Double ew!

As a childhood toy, heck yes that would be cute! But as an adult, with a better understanding of "ick", considering buying them after 20+ years of sitting around someone else's house... eeeew!! :yikes:

That's gross.  :X

Post Merge: December 23, 2016, 05:20:05 PM

I have to agree on the Surprise Twins mommy pony.  I only have her because she is associated with the UK bed and crib set.  Another one is the UK Princess Sparkle pony.  I will never own her unless I win the lottery and decide I want to track down every UK/European released pony. The BBE ponies, I am tempted to learn that method to convert them into NBBE ponies.  The So soft sleepy newborn ponies, also creepy.  And I also second the princess ponies with the weird lashes.  I only have them because at one time I wanted to try to complete the US released ponies.  No longer a goal

The eyelash princesses are hilarious! Right along up there with the bird poop twins. :lol:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:21:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2016, 05:28:49 PM »
I have to go with the eyelash princess ponies as well...just strange.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2016, 06:28:19 PM »
I have to go with the eyelash princess ponies as well...just strange.

Yeah I feel like a lot of the ponies just copy doll gimmics, even tho I think that it fails a lot more with the ponies.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2016, 07:31:30 AM »
Equestria Girls  I know some people really like them, but I don't get it in the slightest.      :what:

This is a good one. I sort of just block out their existence! lol

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
Tafetta, I don't think I'm ever going to be able to un-see the image of that Sweet Kisses pony. The angle of the shot plus the weird lipstick is just no. :lol:

bwaaahahaha, Im with you on that!! I was just like OMG what is that?!? ... oh its only a pony :P
Haha!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2016, 04:51:14 AM »
G1 ballerinas - flippy-legged ballerina horses, complete with leotards and shoes? Why? I know these aren't the strangest gimmick Hasbro has ever done, but personally, this crosses the line from "creative" to "absurd".

Prom queen shs - ...really?

Seaponies - advertised as bath toys yet rust, mold and discolor easily. The year 3s are hard enough to find as is and straight up impossible to find in decent condition. Hasbro really cheaped out, they should have made them differently than they did regular ponies.

Twinkle eyes - they look cute enough, but I can't get past the concept of "animals with jewels spiked through their eyes - the toy". Too much eye scream there, if you ask me.

Color changing hair - nice enough as a concert, sure, but they do not age well AT ALL.

Lipstick - for reasons mentioned above.

G3 slh - again, perfectly reasonable concept, but from a collector's standpoint, very frustrating to track down in good, non-frizzy condition.

G4 snowglobes - I don't even want to know how these are going to age.

G1 teeny tinies - we already have baby ponies and newborns, and these are smaller than both of those. What exactly are these supposed to be? Also, they look more like cat gremlins than ponies.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2016, 06:13:40 AM »
Here's something completely out of left field.  But Paradise Estate.  It was a well executed toy, but the concept behind it was rather stupid.  After building the ponies and their world to fantastical, we get a rather generic house with generic fixtures.  Again, the actual toy is amazing, but doesn't really fit.

Also, Paradise Estate coming in meant the ponies giving up Dream Castle in the animated version.  Couldn't we have gotten can updated Dream Castle with a throne room, ballroom, royal bed chamber, and great hall instead?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal