collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies who are rare but overlooked, in your opinion?  (Read 5565 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies who are rare but overlooked, in your opinion?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 04:19:10 PM »
Scribbles (one I an hunting for right now). And Dabble too. Both very hard to find and majorly underrated.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 05:00:13 PM »
The Sundazzle SHS
Goldilocks
Baby Clipper
Chuck E Cheese Baby Pony
Baby Blue Ribbon
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 05:58:17 PM »
MO Pink Sprinkles and the MO sisters lil sweetcake and cupcake are the first ones I think of; pink sprinkles is very *very* htf, I can only think of a handful I've ever seen for sale!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 06:25:36 PM »
Re Unicorno!!! He's so gorgeous :heart:

This one right here.
Sighs, even rarer over here...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 08:55:00 PM »
Lots of good rare ones here! Definitely agree with Scribbles and Dabbles -- can't remember the last time I saw them for sale. And pink Sprinkles. Either she slips under the radar a lot (possible) or she's just never for sale.

Another one I thought of today is lavender Woosie, or even just Woosie in general.

I read somewhere in the net that Bright Eyes is as rare as Mimic but not so priced.
I bet that's true! Both seem to pop up with the same frequency but have vastly different prices.

The Sundazzle SHS
Very true! At least the pink and yellow ones. I seem to run into a lot of the orange one (forget her name).

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 08:59:34 PM »

I love this pony. He's so handsome! :heart:

Post Merge: November 25, 2016, 09:00:59 PM

Sand digger!!!! I had to search forever for one! Ayeeee!

Also:
Nurse tender heart
The all white activity baby (I can never find her for sale!)
Magenta satin and lace
Pink sprinkles
Baby stargaze
Baby blubberchen

Who's Baby Blubberchen?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:02:57 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 11:23:38 PM »

Who's Baby Blubberchen?

Baby Bubbles :)

Oh crikey yes pink Sprinkles is another one I have only seen for sale once or twice, seen her come up in second hand stores a few times in the Brag Arena. On my wishlist but doubt I will ever find her.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 12:55:19 AM »
I will second scribbles! I see dabble three times more than dabble. Baby sugarcake too I'll never get her! :(
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 02:55:03 AM »

I'd say magenta Satin 'n Lace, for one. I don't think I've ever even seen her for sale in my years of collecting, and that's saying something.

She comes up from time to time, but it doesn't help that the catalogue image of her is a dressed up Cotton Candy. I can't remember when I got mine and whether I bought her or traded for her, but she was the hardest of the three versions to get, so I agree that she's not as common as the lavender one.

I would argue for some of the UK ponies that are in reality not easy to find but not as popular with people. Nurse Ponies spring to the forefront of my mind. They are some of the rarest, but they don't fetch the highest prices unless they have hats.

I wouldn;t count Dabble and Scribbles because yes, they're rarer, but they still command good prices when they're up on sale. I think Scribbles actually tends to go for more than Dabble, because of her colouring.

Rapunzel's price is an insane abberation in my opinion. Mine isn't perfect, but when I remember I traded a pony for her that cost 50p at a carboot sale back in 1998, I can live with her flaws. The madness is that even my Rapunzel, with her imperfections, would probably fetch a few hundred dollars. I like Sweet Scoops much more. She's understated and thus beautiful without being tacky.

Mimic is a pony I love, but she's always been expensive, and that's a lot of years of damage to undo. It's just woven into the mentality of the community, but I don't think she's that hard to find. She wasn't sold here, true, but I have found her here, and she's not any rarer than Quackers, Bright Eyes, etc - just more sought after, so tends to get hoarded.

But I would say the same happens with Dabble and Scribbles, so I don't think they are underappreciated. When I first got collecting, they were actually on equal grail type status to Rapunzel to a lot of people.

I still need a Pink Sprinkles. Definitely second that one as being a rare and underrated pony. Lavender Woosie...yeah, I guess her too. There aren't a lot of them around these days.

I don't think Re Unicorno is underrated. If you collect Nirvana you know you're going to lay out a lot of money for him if he comes up. He's rare, but not underrated. When I was collecting Italian ponies, years back, he was out of my price range even then.

The Nestie Babies are all annoying because they had such a limited geographical distribution. They probably need more love and attention, for sure, and their accessories even more so. I still even now only have accessories for the one I have in box, and not the other two.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:01:54 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 07:04:55 AM »

Who's Baby Blubberchen?

Baby Bubbles :)

Oh crikey yes pink Sprinkles is another one I have only seen for sale once or twice, seen her come up in second hand stores a few times in the Brag Arena. On my wishlist but doubt I will ever find her.

:o I've never seen her before! What a beautiful baby!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »

I was going to say Re Unicorno. I think I have seen him for sale twice, both times here on the Arena and I think it may even have been the same pony.

My Re Unicorno previously belonged to the Delaneys so maybe you did see him before :) I've only seen him once or twice before I bought him (one was in poor condition and the other was too expensive for me to consider ^^;).

I don't think Re Unicorno is underrated. If you collect Nirvana you know you're going to lay out a lot of money for him if he comes up. He's rare, but not underrated. When I was collecting Italian ponies, years back, he was out of my price range even then.

pricey =/= underrated. He's expensive but I don't see people talking about him a lot, so he's overlooked in that sense, in my opinion. Unless I'm misunderstanding the thread title?

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 08:16:27 AM »

I read somewhere in the net that Bright Eyes is as rare as Mimic but not so priced.
I bet that's true! Both seem to pop up with the same frequency but have vastly different prices.
I just bought a TE Bright Eyes for 14$!
So I guess sometimes the luck is good... that gives me hope for Mimic.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 09:36:30 AM »

pricey =/= underrated. He's expensive but I don't see people talking about him a lot, so he's overlooked in that sense, in my opinion. Unless I'm misunderstanding the thread title?

Hrm, maybe so. I am not involved in Nirvana stuff enough to really know that, if I'm honest. When I was involved in Italian ponies, he was the top of most wantlists, and he got a lot of discussion attention. And underrated =/= not discussed very much in my view. Underrated means people don't bother about him. I don't think I've ever seen that with Re Unicorno. He was always the grail Italian way back when...so that's how I think of him. But there are a ton of Nirvanas now, and a ton of ponies, and so he doesn't get mentioned every week. If he is mentioned, people are generally quite excited about him, so I wouldn't put him in the underrated category. But I think I'm splitting split hairs here ;)

I do remember he was always way out of my price range. Even though he came up a bit more often then than now. (Isn't he in two different poses, as well, or did I imagine that?). I think pricey and rating is related if not the same thing, because often people notice a pony that's expensive, and the ponies that aren't so expensive but don't come up often get less attention because they fly under the radar.

If any of that made sense. I have someone drilling through my wall outside at the moment and it's very distracting.

Re TEs - I'm pretty sure that there's equal rarity on Mimic, Bright Eyes, Quackers in terms of manufacturing and number made. Those three weren't sold globally, they were sold in specific places so they aren't as numerous as Tic Tac Toe and Locket, who were more or less global...but they ought to be equals in rarity and notice. But Bright Eyes gets a lot less attention than Mimic does, and she's a lot less expensive. I think she's a genuine under the radar pony which is a shame. I have always thought her stunning.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:41:59 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 09:55:40 AM »
Ah, I didn't know he was more popular back in the day :o And heh yeah, whether or not a pony's overlooked or not is kind of up to individual opinion ^^;

He does come in two different poses (Glory pose and Moondancer pose); apparently he's also been seen with head/body mismatch (Glory head and Moondancer body), does anyone have any photos of that?

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 05:07:26 PM »
Red Roses, for me, is too HTF, and when she comes around on eBay her price quickly rises.

I have a Red Roses for sale if you're looking for one.

Hmmm, I'd say that Baby Sugarcake and Baby Sweetcake while expensive don't seem to get talked about much.  They're soooo cute!

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal