collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies who are rare but overlooked, in your opinion?  (Read 5557 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Ponies who are rare but overlooked, in your opinion?
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2016, 02:49:02 PM »
Bright Eyes. She's so hard to get without regrind!

I just sold a Bright Eyes on eBay. She would have been stunning had she not had chew marks on one of her legs. Unfortunately no one wanted to buy her so she went really cheap.

Post Merge: December 10, 2016, 02:58:13 PM

What about the UK Daddy ponies? Daddy Sunbright, Daddy Meadowsweet? I have trouble getting prices on eBay for my price guide because they never seem to be selling. Mummy and baby are up all the time but I never see the daddy's.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 02:58:13 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2016, 03:24:59 PM »

I just sold a Bright Eyes on eBay. She would have been stunning had she not had chew marks on one of her legs. Unfortunately no one wanted to buy her so she went really cheap.

What about the UK Daddy ponies? Daddy Sunbright, Daddy Meadowsweet? I have trouble getting prices on eBay for my price guide because they never seem to be selling. Mummy and baby are up all the time but I never see the daddy's.

I adore the UK family ponies and would trade the Sunbrights and Berrytowns for the Apple Delights and Bright Bouquets in a heartbeat!

Post Merge: December 10, 2016, 03:26:21 PM

I don't see people asking after the sea side babies either.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2016, 03:38:31 PM »
I think pink sprinkles is vhtf and overlooked. Also Tall Tales isn't super common, most of the year 10 ponies seem to be difficult to find, since it was short ran and the line ended early.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »
I think pink sprinkles is vhtf and overlooked. Also Tall Tales isn't super common, most of the year 10 ponies seem to be difficult to find, since it was short ran and the line ended early.

Tall Tales is awesome! I love her colors, pose and giraffe symbol. If only she didn't have that annoying gimmick she'd be in my herd.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2016, 11:27:08 PM »

I bought mine a few weeks ago, 2 I guess, she was cheap and have some chew marks on her feet. Maybe it is yours? If it is you can look in my fcb how happy she is ;-)
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2016, 05:33:50 AM »

I bought mine a few weeks ago, 2 I guess, she was cheap and have some chew marks on her feet. Maybe it is yours? If it is you can look in my fcb how happy she is ;-)

I bet it is mine. I do believe she did go to France :) And I would have kept her had I not already had a Bright Eyes.

I'm glad she found a good home. She displayed great except for those chews, which you couldn't even see from the display side.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2016, 09:44:08 AM »
I think the 3 Daddy ponies may be some of the hardest to find ponies in the UK line, and I'm not even joking. I have had doubles of Meadowsweet - in fact, I somehow have Meadowsweet, which is weird, because I assumed I was looking after my sister's one but hers was in the attic with her mother and baby - so we must have had an extra one at some point that I kept for whatever reason of my own. But Sunbright and Berrytown, never had doubles. I never saw them at carboot sales here even at the time when MLP were at their peak and we were finding all kinds of things. BOTH came in trades. One of the two I think came from a trade with the US and Berrytown was the last UK release pony I needed to complete my collection.

So I think they're a great call. I remember them in stores, with the babies and the Mummies. We didn't have any of the parents, just the babies, because of the cost, but I don't remember there being fewer Daddies on sale than Mummies. I wonder if there was a gender imbalance on what parents chose for kids or on what kids wanted. Weird but interesting. Either way they are seriously hard to find, and seriously underrated in my opinion compared to the rest of their families. Or rather, they are rarer than the rest of their families but maybe don't get credit for it because the babies are more common and people don't always realise that they weren't sold as a set. Especially because in the US (and sometimes in the UK) the earlier families WERE sold as sets. So the babies come up more because (like my sister and I), kids could afford them more readily than the parents.

I think actually that Mummy Sunbright is also pretty hard to find. I've never had a double of her, either. I had her from new and have never had another, but I have had doubles of the other two mothers and all of the babies.

The Seaside babies are like all others in the 1993-4 line. They didn't get distributed everywhere. I think they get a lot of attention when they are mentioned, especially with the floats, but there are so many ponies from that year which are really hard to find and which the internet doesn't reflect the rarity of all that well. The Seaside Babies WERE in the ponies hasbro sent to dispersal and clearance stores, and so in some areas they appear more than others. The Jewellery Babies are much worse, as Hasbro never sent those out anywhere.

But in comparison to those two sets, I think the Sweetie Babies get a lot more attention.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:48:37 AM by Taffeta »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2016, 11:55:49 AM »
I've got the Bright Eyes, and she is really really loved.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2016, 08:06:32 AM »
MO Napper

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »
G3 Snow'El. She is PotD and I have just realised I have never seen her for sale.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal