collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any pony regrets?  (Read 2729 times)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any pony regrets?
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »
The main one that comes to mind for me is not buying this custom I saw on eBay years ago.  It was a G1 Baby (either in the same pose as the Rice Krispies baby or the Dollar General fakie pose, my memory on that is a bit fuzzy), but she was John Lennon themed!  She had beautiful rainbow hair, and her symbol was John's iconic self portrait sketch.  She was very, very well done, too.  As you can see from my user name and avatar, I love the Beatles so much, and I wish I had bought her because she fit my interests so perfectly!  She wasn't even that expensive, if I recall correctly, so I really should have snagged her while I had the chance because she would have been a wonderful, unique addition to my herd.  I hope that whoever did buy her really enjoys her!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2016, 09:09:58 AM »
I even have another regret: When I started collecting, I only wanted unicorns. So I gave away anything that wasn't a unicorn... sold and traded some great ponies back then :/
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2016, 09:57:17 AM »
I even have another regret: When I started collecting, I only wanted unicorns. So I gave away anything that wasn't a unicorn... sold and traded some great ponies back then :/
That's funny, when I started collecting it was the same for me, I only wanted unicorns, I still prefer them but in between I bought others, right now I buy mostly everything except earth ponies, those are the ones I rather pass... except the ones from the cartoons.
I even asked my therapist why I only wanted unicorns and flutters... she did not answered me... :blink:
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Nimrodel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2016, 02:03:34 PM »
As with so many other people, my biggest regret was selling the bulk of my ponies (several hundred ponies, castle,  stable, parlor, etc.) for $30.  I've literally spent hundreds if not thousands, trying to re-collect all of them again.   :yikes: :cry:
I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker - J. Alfred Prufrock

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 04:12:41 PM »
I was at a flea market once and someone was selling around 20-30 G3 ponies. I only bought eight, and I totally regret not asking how much she wanted for the entire lot!

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 04:53:56 AM »
I have two big regrets, both caused by my silliness.

I had to choose between getting Baby Cotton Candy and NBBE Baby Heart Throb once, as a child, while out shopping. I chose CC  :blink: my reason was that at the time I had mummy CC, but Heart Throb wasn't sold new in the UK, to me she was just another pony in the comic, and I wanted baby CC to go with her mum.

The amount of baby CCs I have got in job lots is unreal. I've never again seen NBBE Heart Throb without also seeing how much she's being sold for and going - can't afford that.

The other time, I was out again, and found the pony friends, on card, in a cheap shop in London. Mum was all keen to get them, but I said "those aren't actual ponies" so we never got them.

Yup, I feel pretty daft now  :lol:
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 05:55:12 AM »

Not buying more G2s when they were cheap and plentiful and most collectors weren't interested in them.

Yep. :| me too! XD

Ditto -_-

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 05:55:22 AM »
My biggest regret ? hmmm.. maybe letting my mom and sister bully  me into thinking i was to old.
Granted i managed to save my ponies, my childhood heard for all their spots and dirt sit proudly with the rest of my
collection.
It still hurts tho, and there are times when you still feel it.

Offline ponytales

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 09:06:15 AM »
Putting my beloved childhood ponies "away" nearly 20 years ago but completely forgetting where that was!  :cry:

I will find them. I WILL!  :mad:
Currently seeking Italian Blue Lickety Split :inlove:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 10:17:07 AM »
I regret not using my babysitting money to buy ponies from the stores back in the 80's.  I should have. I was getting all the other toys from that time.  Booo hissss can we please go back in time?

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2016, 06:07:12 PM »
I regret not being more into ponies as a child. I only had 10. Shoulda asked for some mail orders, play sets, merchandise, anything else. Its taken a very long time to feel a bit accomplished in collecting.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
Being into Barbies instead of ponies as a kid. Ugh, the collection that could have been. *sigh* And how much cheaper it would've been for my parents / grandparents between ponies being less than Barbie and hunting for them at flea markets.

Not seeing the cartoon as a child, since that likely influenced regret #1.

Not knowing that there were clothing, accessories and playsets for MLP. It still baffles me that this happened, since I was into so many other vintage toy lines.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2016, 12:57:18 AM »
Waaaay back when I first got into collecting I found the set of Gen 1 International Surprise Baby Newborns in the toystore while they where having a clearout.
I bought one of each MOC. I kind of regret not buying more of them but what I did next was even dumber. I removed them from their card and also wiped away their dipers. Go me!

Similar story!!
Back in 99 or so I bought a set of mip Taf babies from an eBay seller that had MULTIPLES still mip. They were dirt cheap... $30 per set. I only bought one set and opened them....
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2016, 04:54:45 AM »
Waaaay back when I first got into collecting I found the set of Gen 1 International Surprise Baby Newborns in the toystore while they where having a clearout.
I bought one of each MOC. I kind of regret not buying more of them but what I did next was even dumber. I removed them from their card and also wiped away their dipers. Go me!

Similar story!!
Back in 99 or so I bought a set of mip Taf babies from an eBay seller that had MULTIPLES still mip. They were dirt cheap... $30 per set. I only bought one set and opened them....

I already posted here once but this reminds me of something that I don't totally see as a regret, but maybe could. It relates. In 1995, through a friend and from Hasbro UK's information, we were able to buy a lot of ponies still in their packages that had come from Hasbro's warehouse to a shop in London called Jennings' Toys (they no longer have G1 ponies, so even though they still exist, I don't suggest hurrying over there!).

We had almost all of the ponies from 1994's line through this method, all the Seven Characters we were missing, plus older ponies such as Sail Away, Happyglow and even Baby Applejack. We had a lot from there. But this was 1995. We were a long way from online collecting. A long way from seeing them as collectables. And all of them came off their cards/out of their boxes. We have all of them still, and all their cards and all their boxes. I don't really regret it, because it was from a time when we were still kid-collecting, and my sister was still really young. It was a time she was able to appreciate ponies she wouldn't have had the opportunity for otherwise. But what I do regret is not buying more of them to keep in package. I have Baby Brother Sweet Celebrations and three MOC Sparkle Ponies from there but I could have had a lot more. I also told a US trading partner about it when I got online in 97-8, and she bought a lot from there too. I wish I hadn't told her, actually, as I suspect I would've gone back and got more MOC ponies as time passed. But that's life. Maybe my biggest regret with this is not being able to go to London and visit the shop directly. Mum did all of the dealing with them for us over the phone, but it would have been amazing to go there. Perhaps what I regret is not being older, with a better savvy and more disposable income.

I also regret that when the local market had MOC G1 ponies (the family babies - ie Sunbright, Meadowsweet, Berrytown, the best friend babies with pets and an occasional ballerina) on German card, 3 for £2, I didn't keep the duplicates I had to sell or trade later on. I have the originals I bought still from there, but although we did buy all of the doubles the stall had, I traded those doubles mostly for multiple loose ponies from the US rather than other MOC ponies.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal