collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any pony regrets?  (Read 2783 times)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any pony regrets?
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2016, 02:32:37 PM »
For me not getting the pink baby mermaid gen 1 pony when I had the chance. I have the other two but not her, and I am still looking.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2016, 02:52:23 PM »
My biggest pony-related regret is not in regard to MLP but instead pertains to my Fantasy Fillies. I wish I had kept my childhood herd, especially since at their current market value they are now out of my price range.

I also regret not keeping my childhood MLPs, but have replaced most of the ones I really liked.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 03:50:55 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 03:47:47 PM »
My biggest pony regret was selling my first collection of 150 ponies, my childhood collection, to go on a cruise. I also sold my Lady Lovely Locks, Keypers, Sweetie Pups, etc. My brother encouraged me to do so. I sold a lot for the cruise and was very sick on it.

But now that my brother is passed away, I kind of happy my collection funded a trip and memories for us, even if I was sick for most of it. At least it gave him some good memories.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »
Giving away my childhood Pina Colada and Baby Palm Tree to a little girl when I thought I was done with ponies. Throwing away my childhood Lullabye Nusery for the same reason even though it was broken.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lovefromsirius

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2016, 06:02:37 PM »
I totally regret not having my childhood ponies. :/ sadly giving them away was NOT my choice but I regret it even more now that I'm an adult collector and g2s are so hard to come across

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2016, 06:05:40 PM »
i also miss my childhood ponies! :'-) i dont even remember what became of them; all i know is that they arent with me! i hope theyve found homes that love them :'-o

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 06:35:24 PM »
Losing my Li'l Giggles, one of my favorite babies, when I was younger; I had taken her and a bunch of ponies on a trip with me and I think she got lost somewhere at the last hotel we stayed at. :cry: She's so tiny it's not surprising she got lost. I hope my original one was discovered by a child or someone who had a child who loved her. On a happy note, a year or two ago, my mom and sister sweetly got me another one.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 11:53:59 PM »
Selling Ice Crystal.  It was a few years ago; I needed the cash, but I still wish I'd been able to keep him.

Other than that, the only thing I wish was that I'd gotten into G1s earlier.  I'm a child of the 80s and I've been going to the thrift store at least since the mid-90s but I didn't start collecting ponies until 2006.  To think of all of the ponies I potentially missed because I wasn't an active collector...
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Annie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://anniemsson.deviantart.com/
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 12:23:44 AM »
Waaaay back when I first got into collecting I found the set of Gen 1 International Surprise Baby Newborns in the toystore while they where having a clearout.
I bought one of each MOC. I kind of regret not buying more of them but what I did next was even dumber. I removed them from their card and also wiped away their dipers. Go me!

WANTED: TAF Yum-Yum (have one for sale? PM me)
:heart: Skybelle avatar & sig by me :heart:

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 03:30:36 AM »
It's a common one, but getting rid of my childhood collection when I thought I'd "outgrown" them.

Same here!

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 03:57:14 AM »
Aw, so many people here who lost their childhood ponies :( :hug:
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 05:12:09 AM »
 :hug: to all of you who lost their childhood herd. I'm lucky because even after I didn't play with my ponies anymore, my mum kept them in boxes, so when I got back into collecting, they were all still there.

I don't have a lot of pony regrets, but one that I do have is not buying the FiM Boxed Set when it first came out. I worked out later that I must have been one of the first people to find it in a store (I was on holiday in the US at the time), and yet I didn't get it. Why? I don't even remember the exact reason, but I certainly regretted it when I was back in Europe and couldn't get anything G4 for what felt like ages!

Offline KookyRaccoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2016, 07:06:47 AM »
Before I started collecting I stubbed my toe on my childhood Show Stable, got frustrated and asked mum to take it to the op shop because it was in the way. Wish I'd just found a place to store it instead! But I didn't know any better, certainly didn't realise I'd end up collecting mlp's. I eventually got another show stable years later and even though it's in pretty rough shape, it made me feel better about the whole thing.

Also Wigwam's headdress! He's a childhood pony I still have thankfully, but I remember having his headdress at the old house and haven't seen it since. Part of me hopes it's somewhere stored in a box, but more than likely it's gone. I'd love to replace it someday, give my guy his hat back.  ^.^

Offline millenium0chi

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2016, 07:08:16 AM »
I still regret not keeping my ponies from my childhood. They may come back, like Flurry did, but how will they be?
As Cannibalism said, I let them fade away because they were to girly stuff and I had already many troubles at school without them... but now I regret not being stronger and try harder to get more ponies.
The first one I got is Twinkler and I remember having her and Starhopper in my hands and I took the pegasus instead of the unicorn.
But I was really happy when I bought her early this year from
australia ^^

You had a childhood pony make its way back to you?  Please share that story!
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline Khayman81

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2016, 08:21:02 AM »
I still regret not keeping my ponies from my childhood. They may come back, like Flurry did, but how will they be?
As Cannibalism said, I let them fade away because they were to girly stuff and I had already many troubles at school without them... but now I regret not being stronger and try harder to get more ponies.
The first one I got is Twinkler and I remember having her and Starhopper in my hands and I took the pegasus instead of the unicorn.
But I was really happy when I bought her early this year from
australia ^^

You had a childhood pony make its way back to you?  Please share that story!
To make it quick I would say that when I was little I lived with my parents in Africa, and I had ponies there, when I was 17 I left there to go to Spain to go to University, and left all my toys (long before that) in Africa. after thinking the ponies were no longer interesting.
When I started collecting them a year ago, I asked my mother to look if they were in her house in Spain somewhere, but she could only find Flurry and a floater from our sea baby ponies.
The rest of my herd should be in some boxes in Africa, but I have to wait for my mother to go there to look for them, and maybe she will find them, or not...The fact is I don't know if the ponies were kept there or if I gave then to the poor...
Last month I asked her to send my Flurry back so I could restore her, and so I did this weekend, and now he (I like changing their gender and for me he was always a boy) has wings back! pics are on my thread.
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal