collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you ever just get kinda bored of mlp?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
Do you ever just get kinda bored of mlp?
« on: July 31, 2016, 03:40:39 PM »
Not to worry. I'm not selling my collection. I'm not give them up forever. I know the intrest will return.

I just feel so board of them lately. Maybe cuz I've been on a pony buying binge since like march. Or maybe cuz I've limited my intrest to big brothers only.
Or maybe it's beacuse of a 5 month obsession strate.

Or maybe I'm depressed?

Feel free to move this
I mean I still look at Thair cute faces and get all happy.
So no I'm not selling lol. But maybe it's just beacuse i can't out right display them so my intrest is internet based browsing rather than being so
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:03:58 PM by Loa »
:accomplished:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever just get kinda board of mlp?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 03:43:01 PM »
I've noticed if I go on buying binges I get bored of them for a while, but if I just get a few here and there I'm alright. Also, great as they are there are so many things going on in life it's understandable not to be focused on them constantly. I'm always interested just go through phases of active obsession and not. Lol :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 03:59:09 PM »
It definitely ebbs and flows for me too.  Sometimes due to financial stressors (aka I get impulsive, buy something then feel bad about it because I already have a tight budget), other times I focus on something else for a bit. But I really do love my collection and always come back to it. One of the nice things about ponies is even if I step away for a bit they're all always there waiting for my return :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 04:21:21 PM »
All the time - and it's for the opposite reason.  I have very little money to buy, so I'm always looking and never acquiring...
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 05:10:09 PM »
Its normal to have your interests fluctuate, especially if you have multiple collections or hobbies that take up time/space/money. I haven't bought any new ponies since 2012, although I did get a huge box of G3 ponies/stuff as a gift in 2013. In '15 and '16 I've gotten a couple gifts each.

I've been focusing on my doll and action figure collections. I just like them a little more right now, since they're easier to photograph and/or have much more limited availability. I still love my ponies though.

I really want to finish getting all the Sundances I don't have, but its so hard to justify the shipping cost of a bunch of separate things x.x

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 05:24:10 PM »
I'm battling pony fatigue right now, too. I think it must happen to everyone... I got over-saturated by a lucky thrift-store find and by going to MLP Fair and now I just.. think I need a bit of a break. So you're not alone. The spark will come back, for you and me both.  I'm actually writing again for the first time in months so I'm putting my energy towards that while the ponies take a bit of a rest. ^.^

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 05:37:38 PM »
Of course. I just wish mine would stick for a few months.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever just get kinda bored of mlp?
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 06:50:56 PM »
I go through hiatuses, like with any collection. I tend to bounce back from video games, to ponies, to anime. But I always return to ponies and will never sell my collection. Sometimes that's why I disappear from the arena for weeks or months at a time. But I always return. Sometimes we just need a break! And that's a good thing. Too much of a good thing can be bad. I always return to the ponies. What's bad is I miss a lot of G4 releases in my absence. But oh well.

But I think we all get bored from time to time. We all need to take a break sometimes. It's good to have interests that rotate.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »
I go in and out of collecting, depending on my mood. 

Right now, I haven't been interested in G4s since the wedding wave.  Haven't bought a G1 (excluding thrift finds) in a few months.  I'm hoping the translucent ponies snap me out of my disinterest.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 03:56:26 AM »
Not so much bored but frustrated or irritated because I can't display them like I want or organize them like I want due to lack of space or not being able to get my hands on one that I have wanted for ages. There are times when I just don't have the time to concentrate on them or I am busy with another hobby or life event. Burnout just sometimes happens, I kind of felt like that after the fair. I am getting board/ frustrated with my doll collection right now because they're overwhelming me and EAH/MH is getting really boring now just like G4 ponies have been for me. I don't even get excited to go to the toy section anymore. The market seems stale for me.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 03:58:41 AM »
Still love MLP, working and keeping an eye on the releases for our website keeps being fun as well as merch-hunting in other countries. However in terms of collecting in my own country I'm kinda done since we barely get any new stuff. :(

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 04:43:52 AM »
I am, at the moment, and I cannot really tell why. I'm not really depressed, everything is pretty much the same as always, but I don't really 'care' at the moment. Watching auctions, then 5 days later realizing that I missed them, wanting to organize my photo albums, and wanting to set up my tiny display, but never really caring enough to actually do it. :( I don't like that feeling. Hope it passes. It's not that I have gotten into anything else. Very strange.

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 05:07:04 AM »
All the time - and it's for the opposite reason.  I have very little money to buy, so I'm always looking and never acquiring...

yep, that's me, too! that, and space to have the collection on display. I get sad when I feel like I won't ever have the means to collect, and after a while it turns into a feeling of being bored with it instead.

back when I had more money for collecting, I did find though that if I did go on pony binges, it kind of killed the thrill of receiving pony mail. Now it's super fun for me when I do get pony mail, because it seldom happens x)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 05:25:28 AM »
As I had said last month, I've hit a bit of a collecting wall.  I'm still interested in the ponies, but collecting has kind of reached a limit.

It's doesn't help the current generation doesn't do a thing for me.  Even the media barely catches my interest.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2016, 05:46:11 AM »
I can't honestly say that I ever get bored of MLP, which is why it became the main thing I collect (part of how I curate my collection is by deciding that ponies would be my "thing" and not to have multiple collections). But I also have other interests that take up my spare time too, so it's not like I spend all my time on my collection either.

It seems like there's always something for me to do in the pony room too: cleaning ponies, rearranging, photographing, etc. so I guess that keeps my interest up too.

Elf

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal