collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone do PaperBackSwap.com? Readers please help! Looking for books  (Read 856 times)

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Hi all!  I am just getting up and running in my PBS site and am hoping there may be a few people around here who can help me out with it.

For those of you who don't know what it is - it's an online site where you can list books that you want to get rid of, they match you up with a person wanting them, and you get credit for one book in return.  Just pay shipping on the book you're sending.  And the first 10 books you list for trade earns you 2 book credits.  ^.^  If you want to sign up, here's my referral link:

http://www.paperbackswap.com/landing/?r_by=SVAzN01BOHhidFE9   

Anyway, so I have a few questions about the site...  How does the box of books work???  I have a huge stack of books to unload and I would love to do a bulk sale.  Also, is there a way to look up sellers and what books they have?  I wouldn't mind using credit to buy a few to save shipping.  :)

Lastly - I NEED BOOK REFERRALS!  I'm looking for some good Young Adult (YA) books...  What are you currently reading?  I like fantasy and adventure, but nothing smutty.  :)   I just read the Throne of Glass books and A Court of Thorn and Roses books (Sarah J Maas) and LOVE those.  What is on your summer reading list??  Help!  I need ideas.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
I've been a PBS member for about 10 years, and I still don't know how box-of-books works. O_o Fortunately there is a forum on the site so you could try asking there! :) I actually have a ton of books I need to get rid of, too, but I'm planning to drop them off at a hospital that needs books soon.

If you want to friend me on PBS, here's a link to my profile (which hasn't really been updated in years...): http://ringwraith10.paperbackswap.com/profile/

The best way to look at specific peoples' books available is to find their profile and go from there. For instance, if you look at my profile you'll see a link that says I have 69 books listed. But really, it's easiest to just request the books you want, and if by happy chance you are able to find a few books you want listed by the same person, that will make it more convenient for that person. If you request a book you can always look at other books listed by the person from whom you requested the first book to see if they have anything else you want.

For book recommendations... I would always say look to goodreads. :) I don't remember if we're friends on goodreads, but here's my profile, anyway: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2384499-kirsten You can try looking at my shelves and the number of stars I have given to any particular book should serve as a recommendation (and I have written reviews for a few select books). :) I don't know what you've already read, so I really wouldn't know what to recommend...

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hi all!  I am just getting up and running in my PBS site and am hoping there may be a few people around here who can help me out with it.

For those of you who don't know what it is - it's an online site where you can list books that you want to get rid of, they match you up with a person wanting them, and you get credit for one book in return.  Just pay shipping on the book you're sending.  And the first 10 books you list for trade earns you 2 book credits.  ^.^  If you want to sign up, here's my referral link:

http://www.paperbackswap.com/landing/?r_by=SVAzN01BOHhidFE9   

Anyway, so I have a few questions about the site...  How does the box of books work???  I have a huge stack of books to unload and I would love to do a bulk sale.  Also, is there a way to look up sellers and what books they have?  I wouldn't mind using credit to buy a few to save shipping.  :)

Lastly - I NEED BOOK REFERRALS!  I'm looking for some good Young Adult (YA) books...  What are you currently reading?  I like fantasy and adventure, but nothing smutty.  :)   I just read the Throne of Glass books and A Court of Thorn and Roses books (Sarah J Maas) and LOVE those.  What is on your summer reading list??  Help!  I need ideas.  :)

Can't help with with the site; I don't know it.

But I recently read Kiera Cass's The Siren and quite liked it.  I'd also recommend Robin McKinley (Spindle's End and Beauty) and Orson Scott Card's Enchantment.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
The Siren is on my list of books tor read also.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
I recommend the Peculiar Children books if you haven't read them yet and The Blackthorn Key was awesome too.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Sumire

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I'm with scarletjul, and must recommend Robin McKinley. I love Beauty but Hero and the Crown and The Blue Sword are also great reads. I also like Princess Academy by Shannon Hale and she has a retelling of The Goose Girl that's quite multi-layered too.

Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams, if you like cats, is a wonderful tale of myth and adventure. If you're more of a dog person (or like both) The 101 Dalmatians novel has many charming treats the movie couldn't fit in.

If you don't mind a touch of Christianity in your tales (some very open-minded 'fairies and God are friends' sort) Elizabeth Goudge's novels are an utter joy. JK Rowling is on record as saying Goudge's The Little White Horse is her favorite and it's one of mine too.

If you haven't ever read the childhood classics, the Oz series is fun and creates a very diverse and expansive world far beyond the movies. Peter and Wendy and its predecessor Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens are darker and more insightful than one might imagine. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster is a children's novel as well but it is a wonderful read. Dominic by William Steig is one of my absolute favorite books and although it too is targeted towards a younger crowd than YA it is a gem and definitely full of adventure.

L. M. Montgomery's Emily of New Moon series is not full of dragons and unicorns and the like but it definitely has more than a whiff of magic to it and Emily is a friend any believer in the fantastic would love to have (or be).

The Neverending Story and Momo by Michael Ende are some of my favorite tales of true magic and grand adventure. Lastly, the series beginning with Howl's Moving Castle, by Diana Wynne Jones is an utter delight!
If wishes were horses, they'd be My Little Ponies.
Thanks to moonflower for my adorable adoptable!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
YA books that I have enjoyed reading more than a few times:

Thirst Series - Christopher Pike
The Forbidden Game - LJ Smith
The Night World Series - LJ Smith
Splintered Series - AJ Howard
Witch World - Christopher Pike

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
YA books that I have enjoyed reading more than a few times:

Thirst Series - Christopher Pike
The Forbidden Game - LJ Smith
The Night World Series - LJ Smith
Splintered Series - AJ Howard
Witch World - Christopher Pike

*waves*. I was a big Chris Pike fan for awhile.  Read all of his books.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
I just got two friend requests on PBS and I don't know who they were from, but I assume they're both from here! Who friended me? :)

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
I just got two friend requests on PBS and I don't know who they were from, but I assume they're both from here! Who friended me? :)

One was probably from me. :) should be under cloud weaver. *waves*

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Can't help with the site but as far as book recommendations go, I can help you there.  If it's a series, I'll just put the first book down and you can decide how much of it you want to continue reading:

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Alcatraz Vs the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson
Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Alanna: the First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
Captain Hook: the adventures of a Notorious Youth by James Hart
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Books found in the Children's section at my library--I recommend these to everyone that asks for book suggestions:
Redwall by Brian Jacques
Among the Hidden by Margaret Haddix
Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo
The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer
Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry
The Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket

Offline cloud_weaver

• View Profile
Thank you all!  Updated my wish list with tons of new wants.  Should keep me busy for a while!  Currently reading the Air Awakens series under the recommendation of my little sister.  The Siren is on my list now too - read the Selection series and they were great!

Cloudie’s Wish List
Cloudie’s TRADE List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal