collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone Else Pre Order Harry Potter And The Cursed Child?  (Read 433 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Anyone Else Pre Order Harry Potter And The Cursed Child?
« on: June 18, 2016, 01:24:50 PM »
Some places are offering pre orders for this book, I saw one at FYE and decided to pass because lots of times they charge more for items there than other places.  I didn't see the price listed though for their sign.

Anyway, I checked out amazon and for $17 and change it had both parts and it was the Special Rehearsal edition, which I think is the first release, after that I think it's just a special edition, not sure.  Anyway, it says the release date is July 31st, which is Harry Potter's birthday and also JK Rowling's birthday.  :P  I thought it might be too early to pre order the book, but then I thought tons of Harry Potter fans like me might be pre ordering the book and the preorders for this edition might be limited.  I ordered some other things on amazon too but I paid for two-day shipping, because I read on a message board for amazon buyers that if you pay for normal shipping you usually get the book several days after the release date.  Some people get it a day or two before release date which would be awesome.

Has anyone else pre ordered this book yet?  Did I preorder too early and was I an idiot for paying for two day shipping?  :lookround:

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Anyone Else Pre Order Harry Potter And The Cursed Child?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 04:16:12 PM »
Oh heck yes! I'm part of a big Harry Potter fan group down here in LA, Los Angeles' Dumbledore's Army. We have a big midnight release event at one of the local bookstores with games and prizes and events. Can't wait!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 05:43:10 PM »
Oh heck yes! I'm part of a big Harry Potter fan group down here in LA, Los Angeles' Dumbledore's Army. We have a big midnight release event at one of the local bookstores with games and prizes and events. Can't wait!

Ooh that sounds fun.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 04:38:46 AM »
Not interested. But I hope you get your book early. Cuz....Well.... I know if I was waiting for something and got it early that would be awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 08:17:17 AM »
Is it correct that this one is written like a play rather than a book? I'm debating if I want it based on how it reads and of course if it's good lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 08:40:22 AM »
Oh I pre ordered my copy about a month or so ago! LOL I can't wait to get it. I think I'll still enjoy it even if it's written in stage play format.
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »
Is it correct that this one is written like a play rather than a book? I'm debating if I want it based on how it reads and of course if it's good lol.

Yeah it's the script of the play from what I understand.  The Crucible was like that too, not an actual book but the script of the play.  Honestly, if you forget about the fact that you're reading a script and just think about reading the words and descriptions of what's happening you forget about it being a script.  I have The Crucible and that's how I experienced it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal