collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone know what UK Pony Wear Collection 2 looks like? Updated  (Read 861 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Hi all, I'm looking for the outfits in the missing section Pony Wear 2:

http://www.mylittlewiki.org/wiki/UK_Pony_Wear#Pony_Wear_Collection_2

I recently got a big lot of UK ponywear and I'm trying to sort through.  I have a smart red and yellow dress, a floral cape with bright pink fur trim, a pink floral blanket with bevelled edge, a small blue towel in the same material as the pink one from the perm shoppe (different from Waterfall terry towel material), a purple blanket with iridescent trim, a skirt with red and white layers of mesh and a couple of baby bonnets that I can't identify.  If I can't find it soon I'll post pics  :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:42:20 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: Anyone know what UK Pony Wear Collection 2 looks like?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 04:32:05 AM »
The red and yellow dress sound like it could be from Pony Holiday?

I *think* Collection 2 is a repeat of some of  other sets,  but I'd need to check my backcards.

The towel sounds familiar... I think I have one too that I haven't been able to identify.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:03:34 AM »
The red and yellow dress could be from Ready for Rainbows, the rain coat (unless it has a floral print in which case it's definitely from Pony Holiday).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:05:52 AM by Al-1701 »
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 12:20:52 PM »
Going by the 1985 insert, which just says 'Ponywear', I am guessing that collection 1 is the set with Rainy Day, Party Time, Bedtime in and Pony Wear 2 is the remainder of those which have shoes.

I can't get a picture right at the moment but that would include:
Royal Pony (aka Pony Royal in US)
Roller Skating (aka Great Skates?)
Sweet Dreams (the pink flannel bedtime outfit)
Flashprance (shown here without bag, I'm 99% sure the bag only came in the next year)
Tennis Fun (aka Pony Luv in US)
Birthday Girl (aka Party Time? in the US - shown without parcel and hat, and possibly this as well changed after that)

The 1986 insert names Ponywear 3 and Ponywear 4, so the only logical conclusion to me, without being able to get at the handful of UK MIP fashions I have, is that the 1985 insert is showing both collections in one section and that Ponywear 2 are the ones with shoes/feet thingies. They are drawn on ponies that wouldve been out in 1984-5.

We didn't have Ready for Rainbows in the UK, we had Rainy Day, which is only a yellow cape and hat in red and yellow and in a more plasticy material than the US set, with no shoes or any baby stuff. But I believe that would come under Ponywear 1.

Edit: my MOC Party Time doesn't have a collection number on the card that I can see but it does only show the three I mentioned above, plus the set with clips. So that would make sense to me. My Tennis Fun seems to be from collection 3; I know it was reissued in 1986 so mine is clearly from then.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:26:29 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 01:09:54 PM »
So, I went and checked all the backcard images for my ponywear, and information is slightly more conflicting that the Wiki suggests

Ponywear collection 2 as a name does not appear on any of my lists. It may be that it doesn't exist as such!

What the Wiki lists as Ponywear Collection 1 is only labelled Ponywear on the insert. It may be that the image is more than one collection. What I have found is as follows:

Sweet Dreams backcard #1 - (my original, would have to check what is says on the front, but my image is labelled Outfit 1)
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/Backcards/outfit1_zps6fd0zezj.jpg
Pony Royal
Roller Skating
Sweet Dreams (pink hat)

MOC Party Time - No Collection listing
Same for MOC Rainy Day
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/MOC%20Ponywear/mocpartytimeb_zpsx1nugasa.jpg
Bedtime
Rainy Day
Jewellery set (not listed on the wiki, comes in pink and blue, these are the non-metallic ones)

MOC Tennis Fun - no collection listed
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/MOC%20Ponywear/moctennisfunb_zpsnnbllaht.jpg
Party Time
Bedtime
Rainy Day
Jewellery set (not listed on the wiki, comes in pink and blue, these are the non-metallic ones)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/MOC%20Ponywear/moctennisfunb_zpsnnbllaht.jpg
Party Time
Bedtime
Rainy Day

Tennis Fun
Birthday Girl
Flashprance

Sweet Dreams backcard #2 - Listed as Collection 3 on the back
Same for my MOC Sweet Dreams (white hat version)
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/Backcards/outfit3_zpsz3iboagz.jpg
Fun Run
Birthday Girl
Flashprance
Tennis Fun
Sweet Dreams (white hat)
Ice Dance

MOC Birthday Girl - Also listed as Collection 3 on the font, but only showing the following outfits on the back. Essentially the same as MOC Tennis fun with no collection listed.
Same for MOC Flashprance
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/MOC%20Ponywear/mocbirthdaygirlb_zpsmn9tbyd7.jpg
Tennis Fun
Flashprance
Birthday Girl

Beach Party Backard - Listed as Collection 4 on the back
Same for MOC Ballerina, MOC Beach Party, MOC Sunday Stroll
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/Backcards/outfit4_zpsbcnxd0pc.jpg
Beach Party
Carnival Time
Ballerina
Sunday Stroll
Jewellery Set (this is missing from the wiki) - comes in both pink and blue and this is the metallic set

Jewellery Set MOC - No listing of any Collection number, but appears same as Collection 4
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u90/ladyguinevere83/MOC%20Ponywear/mocjewelleryb_zpst5tjuvyl.jpg
Beach Party
Carnival Time
Ballerina
Sunday Stroll
Jewellery Set (this is missing from the wiki) - comes in both pink and blue and this is the metallic set

So when it comes down to it, some were labelled as collections and some not, and sometimes the backcards differ within the same set, possibly because they reused earlier ones.

I don't think I've ever seen anything labelled Collection 2, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I think the only one unaccounted for is the white crown/trim version of Party Time, and that could be an error of some kind, so if it does, it is likely made up of re-issued outfits.

'Collection 1' is never marketed as such and there are three different backcards of 3, 3 and 4 sets (counting the jewellery one) that correlate with the first Ponywear image.

Sorry, that ended up a bit long. I'd not realised the differences in the cards before. Also very much regretting not getting the pink hat Sweet Dreams MOC while I could :(
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:15:05 PM by LadyGuinevere »

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 01:14:23 PM »
Some of them have the collection number on the front. My Tennis Fun says Collection 3 on the front in the corner, in a little white oval, but nothing on the back.  But my Party Time has nothing on it at all. And I cannot find my other cards for some reason, and have no idea where I put them -.-.

I think that would be the same as the one you list here:
http://s166.photobucket.com/user/ladyguinevere83/media/MOC%20Ponywear/moctennisfunb_zpsnnbllaht.jpg.html

And note in that picture there are things like the Flashprance bag, present etc which appear on the 1986 insert but not on the 1985.

I still think collection 2 is the ones from 1985 with shoes, that were also sold in the US in some form - but as I can't find any other cards right now, it remains a theory only...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:16:11 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 01:17:04 PM »
Yeah, I was checking the images for both back and front when I have them (which is for all the MOC images, just not my original backcards)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 03:04:37 PM »
Just on my mobile but wanted to thank you so much for your detailed answers. My UK pamphlets imply the above as well. So it seems that there are no collections as such that I haven't already referred to leaving my mystery items still unsolved. Will post pics soon.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline goddessofpeep

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 09:23:08 PM »
I actually have a lot of the UK outfits MOC,  as well as a lot of UK outfit backcards.  In fact, I'm just one or two away from having all the UK outfits MOC(though I didn't try to collect re-released outfits that were in multiple collections - so it's only one MOC per outfit).

I do seem to have a picture of a labeled Collection 2 outfit here:

Sadly, during this particular photo session, I neglected to take a picture of the back.  The bin is currently buried, but I am kind of in the middle of a collection sort, so I might be able to get to it sometime this week.  I also could check my MOC outfits since I don't think I took pictures of those yet anyway.  I could very well have more.

My collection seems to hide a lot of one of a kind UK backcards:p

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 11:13:56 PM »
Ooh, so there is one! Shape o  the bubble is the same as those on collection 1. Roller Skating is  probably collection 1 - incidentally I've never seen the UK card for that either! (My own was US I believe as it came with a puffy sticker)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 04:43:48 AM »
I actually have a lot of the UK outfits MOC,  as well as a lot of UK outfit backcards.  In fact, I'm just one or two away from having all the UK outfits MOC(though I didn't try to collect re-released outfits that were in multiple collections - so it's only one MOC per outfit).

I do seem to have a picture of a labeled Collection 2 outfit here:

Sadly, during this particular photo session, I neglected to take a picture of the back.  The bin is currently buried, but I am kind of in the middle of a collection sort, so I might be able to get to it sometime this week.  I also could check my MOC outfits since I don't think I took pictures of those yet anyway.  I could very well have more.

My collection seems to hide a lot of one of a kind UK backcards:p

I love your collection! You are filling in gaps for us all over the place with this stuff :D

That does imply that maybe the 1985 lot is 2 collections in one image on the insert, since Royal Pony is included in that one.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 05:41:48 AM »
So it does! This is so much fun.

OK here are my unidentified bits, if they're not from collection 2 any insight would be much appreciated! Found a random blue legwarmer as well  :lol:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Anyone know what UK Pony Wear Collection 2 looks like? Updated
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 05:49:06 AM »
one of your pieces looks similar to this :)

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Party_Time_UK

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 07:38:40 AM »
I think that the red shirt is from Puppy/Kitty Care

http://kitty-care.webnode.nl/products/puppy-care-set-of-two-tshirts/

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »
I think that Artie's pics are all of non-MLP outfits, but in terms of the artwork on the cards Goddessofpeep posted, it fits very nicely with 1984-5 card style, so that suggests they're both quite early (end of 84 into 1985). That might be why there's a collective group of images on the 1985 insert, as they were already on sale.

I am 99.999% sure they don't feature on the 1984 leaflet, which is photographic and really shows a very limited "whole line". But I generally have the view that, given the time my mother bought Windy and the style of the cards for this set and the Adult Sea Ponies matching more with those of the known 1984 ponies like Blossom, it's really probable there's a bunch of stuff happening between the end of the 1984 and beginning of the 1985 lines.

And these seem to fit in there, but because there's no insert with them on at that time, they got lumped together.

The ponies that appear on the cards are also a real giveaway.

Sorry, but the geek element of this really gets me ;) I love seeing new bits of UK paraphernalia and history appear like this to fill gaps.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal