collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: who believes in aliens>?  (Read 4076 times)

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
Re: who believes in aliens>?
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2016, 08:13:02 PM »
so interesting to see everyones thoughts and views on this post-
now i have a second question- This year who is dreaming about aliens and invasion? althought may never had or believes ????please details if you have and how often-? when did this started etc.

Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2016, 09:05:56 PM »
now i have a second question- This year who is dreaming about aliens and invasion? althought may never had or believes ????please details if you have and how often-? when did this started etc.

I haven't had any dreams of aliens recently, but I have had dreams of aliens during bouts of sleep paralysis in the past.

BryteStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »
Ooohhh me I believe in aliens! :D I also love the X-Files but my love of space and aliens started way before that!

I have a recurring kind of nightmare regarding catastrophic events and/or alien invasion. :s Not just this year though, they've happened for awhile.

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 09:33:44 PM »

Interesting. I believe in extra terrestrial life forms, not in a sense of what the media and Hollywood has portrayed though. I have been having a reoccurring dream about alien plants coming from the sky. It started in April. Why do you ask? I'm intrigued now!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 12:39:13 AM »
I believe, I think its a bit silly to assume that in this big wide endless space that we would be the ONLY planet that somehow formed not just one, but millions? billions? of unique life forms. :p

Like everyone else, I doubt they look anything like Hollywood has depicted, but we cant be the only ones, the most advanced? At this time, no one can prove that we are, so I will continue believing in any possibility.

Now do I hope to see them some day? Not particularly. xD The thought of an invasion has terrified me since I was a child, and I probably have to thank hollywood for that at least. Though even now, I'm still not sure I would want to? Just endless possibilities of how that could play out. So so scary, but fascinating at the same time.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

lostpony

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 03:24:59 AM »
Yes of course and they are ponies.  FACT.

But seriously there is a big equation for calculating the probability and if memory serves correctly this was discussed in great detail by Carl Sagan.  It is practically impossible that there is no other life out there, and even if we assume we are talking about life like ours based on carbon and liquid water etc recent findings about planets confirm that there are plenty of planets like ours.  Life arose here very early on as single cell life on the volcanic vents on the ocean floor, and for a long time that is what there was, and those life forms are still down there right now.  Then some developed photosynthesis and those filled the oceans and nothing changed for a very long time because there was no catalyst.  At this point there was a "snowball earth" where the surface and much of the oceans froze and this lasted a very long time and was finally melted due to buildup of greenhouse gasses from volcanoes and at this point, the life that had remained in the oceans deep under all that ice had been stressed and a lot of advancement took place and when the melt came, complex multi-cell life sprang forth in multitude to fill the available niches.  This is similar to the way much later the mammals sprang forth into all the niches left open by the missing dinosaurs after a much smaller stressor of a meteorite impact 65 million years ago:  my point being, without a stressor life does not advance to a more complex form.  The entire time we have had complex life on this planet is very small compared to the time when there was single-cell life...had a snowball even not taken place, we would still be algae.  Any planets that give rise to life will have widely varying time frames for any stressors that catalyze significant change required to reach life forms like ours and require a number of such catalysts along the way to arrive at a civilized star-faring race...for two races to meet at least one needs to be star-faring yes? 

The alien life probability equation has been around a long time but the numbers to put into it are speculative and get refined more and more as we think our understanding improves....it includes factors like number of stars, planets per star, number of those that have life, then complex life, etc and the key thing to realize is that the universe has been around a very long time compared to how long life on this planet has been complex, civilized, and able to detect signals from other planets...so the question is not if there is other life, that is nearly certain, or whether there is complex life, that is a fraction of all life planets but also very probable, but a key factors in determining if we are alone are:  when life becomes probable, which reduces the number a lot, when that life forms a civilization, that reduces it again to a tiny fraction, and how long that civilization lasts.  We have been "civilized" either a million years or 6 thousand depending on whose data you use but, we have had the ability to detect communications emission from other planets for less than 200 years....200 years out of a universe something like 11 billion years old (our sun being something like 6 billion?) just to detect life on other planets close enough for their signals to reach us at light speed, not even considering our ability to travel to them... and when Carl Sagan ran through these numbers and put in reasonable-seeming estimates he ended up with a number of like 2 or 3 in our galaxy...leaving the probability of whether any of us will develop sufficient interstellar travel to meet any of the others.  I'm afraid while alien life, even civilized, starfaring intelligent life is almost certain to exist on another planet the chances of us ever meeting it is not very good...not very good at all.

I like my first answer better so I am sticking with it:  YES.  Ponies, and they have starships so they can come visit us.  Is Tuesday next week good for you?  I'll put on some coffee.

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 06:37:44 PM »
Yes. As many others have said, this universe is far too large for us to be the only planet with life. Some alien things seem a little far fetched to me though (like those alien abduction stories, aliens and the Illuminati, aliens and the government, etc). Basically I believe that another life form lives and is somewhere in the universe. All the other specifics? I'm skeptical.

Post Merge: July 07, 2016, 06:40:49 PM

This year- not really. I have a very serious sleeping issue and because of it I'm on some heavy sleeping medications that don't allow me to recall what I dream about. So I haven't had anything. But in the past before I was on this medication I would constantly have the same dream regarding aliens. All I remember from it would be that people (they looked different than humans but similar) in black robes would come in my home and take me. After that I don't remember much. These dreams lasted about a year until I got on the sleeping medication and it was a constant dream I had.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:40:49 PM by Pinkie-kitty »

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 10:04:42 PM »
I think a person would have to be very close minded to discount the possibility of life elsewhere. The law of averages says there is. I'm a believer. I'm also crazy, so most don't listen to me.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2016, 02:04:56 PM »
The universe is endless. To be completely intolerant to believing there is something out there is silly, in my opinion. I believe there is certainly other life out there. I don't know what kind if life, but I believe there could certainly be other intelligent beings similar to us. Or even different. But there must be something. It's really fun to think about.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2016, 08:37:51 PM »

Interesting. I believe in extra terrestrial life forms, not in a sense of what the media and Hollywood has portrayed though. I have been having a reoccurring dream about alien plants coming from the sky. It started in April. Why do you ask? I'm intrigued now!

i ve been having strange dreams about alien invasion 7 months ago ,they were so vivid and scary! started noticing random people here talking bout the same experiences in Greece even people who do not believe at all..
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

lostpony

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2016, 03:37:13 AM »
I'm still waiting for some pony dreams.

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2016, 06:38:59 AM »
Oh totally. There's no way we can be alone here lol, I've always believed in aliens and I used to get in fights with kids in elementry school who said they didn't believe in them lol
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2016, 07:17:51 AM »
Like most of you, I think the universe is too vast not to have other planets with life, even intelligent life. But I don't think we have had visitors... And as a general rule I don't buy into conspiracy theories.

I'm kinda with Stephen Hawking on it- if aliens did have the tech to come here, we'd probably be in big trouble. Unless they're somehow way nicer than humans, who have no trouble with going to new places and taking over the joint.  :P

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2016, 02:41:19 AM »
I don't think we can be the only planet with life on it. There has to be something else out there, somewhere.

Do I beleive in stuff like Area 51? Nope

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 10:16:49 AM »
I don't really believe in aliens like you see in sci-fi stuff... little green men and alien abductions and all that kind of stuff. I'm not completely against the idea but I think it's highly doubtful, if that makes sense.

As for whether or not there's life outside of Earth, I'm open-minded. I mean, there's so many other planets out there, you've gotta imagine that there's got to be something out there, right?

I love threads like this :D They're very thought provoking. I don't think about aliens too often.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal